Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    went to the food store yesterday with a home made mask, I followed a video on making a mask from a pair of leggings. Well no one mentioned that you can breathe through the leggings. I thought I was going to pass out but I kept that mask on until I got in the car. I wanted to post a picture but not sure how big my face with post. I can't tell if I shrunk the picture down. LOL
    I made masks for us yesterday - and improved them this morning. They really need to stick out away from your mouth and nostrils so you can breathe! The pattern I followed was not very good for that, so I made much bigger darts so that there is a big curve. I also used one of those coffee bag closing strips in the upper edge so it is easy to crimp it in over the bridge of the nose. I think they'll work better now, and I hope not to be sharing your breathing problems tomorrow when I have to go out! Good luck with a mask revision!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    @jugar 183. By the skin of my teeth!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    I am going to be part of a World Wide Fast on Friday. Here is a link that explains the fast. https://www.facebook.com/groups/534352464165662/

Please feel free to join me if you would like.

Stay Healthy!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Greetings team!

Sadly my Fitbit has stopped syncing with my mobile for the past couple of days so I have had to disconnect it from the Fitrockr site. I'm really cross, as I was looking to be able to add the Fitrockr activities as an additional band of accountancy.

Well I've ordered a cheap and cheerful replacement from Amazon, but it won't be a Fitbit. I can still be part of the Fitrockr activities, can't I? I know that not everyone has a Fitbit.
  • jugar
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Greetings team!

Sadly my Fitbit has stopped syncing with my mobile for the past couple of days so I have had to disconnect it from the Fitrockr site. I'm really cross, as I was looking to be able to add the Fitrockr activities as an additional band of accountancy.

Well I've ordered a cheap and cheerful replacement from Amazon, but it won't be a Fitbit. I can still be part of the Fitrockr activities, can't I? I know that not everyone has a Fitbit.
    Absolutely! Fitrockr syncs with many different devices - you can check on their site for the full list. I just use the phone app and it is now working fine. It took a while for me to figure out the settings needed to make it work right, but it is fine now. One more glitch with Fitrockr and things should be going fine - for some reason I show up as a separate team and not all my points are going to the real team. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.
  • jugar
    Only 2 weigh-ins due today:
    @cory17
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    PW 171
    CW 169 woo hoo!

Wahooooo! Yay, 160s!!! Great going!!!

@lovethyneighbor So glad you are seeing wonderful silver linings in this uncertain time. And great that you are reevaluating your family's priorities.

@conleywoods I love it! That is one amazing fire pit and so impressed with your cooking over the fire. Hot dogs and hamburgers is about as complicated as I have ever gotten. And of course Smores! YUMMY

@evangsimmons170 Way to go on the exercise!!!

@evelynladams527 Great going!

@jugar I saw you on your own team. I thought you were "social distancing" from us. LOL

We did a shopping run yesterday. Well, we ordered it, they shopped, and we picked it up. My daughter is also a germaphobe and had two anxiety attacks in the process. One with the grocery store worker who was not wearing a mask and came right up to her car window and the other when bringing her groceries in the house and her hubby just placed them everywhere instead of in a concentrated area so she could get rid of cardboard and wash stuff. I really appreciate her taking that on for us as well. One thing we realized, is that food stuff is becoming more and more difficult to get. There were so many things on our list that could not be fulfilled. I am not hoarding at all, but clearly some must be or there is a break down in the supply chain as well. We could not get lettuce, dish soap, soup, TP (of course!) to name just a few of the items. It does have me a little bit worried to think how this may break down even more as this continues. I still am fortunate and grateful. We are safe at home, have food and certainly won't starve. My heart goes out to those suffering. I learned of the death of a friend's husband. I don't think it was Covid-19, but he had cancer and was hospitalized for dialysis. She could not be with him at the hospital or when he died. That is just so sad for so many people for so many health reasons at this time.

I sure hope our teammate, Mary, is doing ok as she is a healthcare worker. I think she already put herself on support at the beginning of this.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    micki48 wrote: »

We did a shopping run yesterday. Well, we ordered it, they shopped, and we picked it up. My daughter is also a germaphobe and had two anxiety attacks in the process. One with the grocery store worker who was not wearing a mask and came right up to her car window and the other when bringing her groceries in the house and her hubby just placed them everywhere instead of in a concentrated area so she could get rid of cardboard and wash stuff. I really appreciate her taking that on for us as well. One thing we realized, is that food stuff is becoming more and more difficult to get. There were so many things on our list that could not be fulfilled. I am not hoarding at all, but clearly some must be or there is a break down in the supply chain as well. We could not get lettuce, dish soap, soup, TP (of course!) to name just a few of the items. It does have me a little bit worried to think how this may break down even more as this continues. I still am fortunate and grateful. We are safe at home, have food and certainly won't starve. My heart goes out to those suffering. I learned of the death of a friend's husband. I don't think it was Covid-19, but he had cancer and was hospitalized for dialysis. She could not be with him at the hospital or when he died. That is just so sad for so many people for so many health reasons at this time.

I sure hope our teammate, Mary, is doing ok as she is a healthcare worker. I think she already put herself on support at the beginning of this.

I completely understand how your daughter feels. We live in the country and our stores are not accepting grocery pick up due to the high demands and not able to stock shelves quick enough. I am the same way with unloading groceries as well. I have designated areas for incoming groceries and 'sanitized' groceries, as well as I do panic when I see my husband and kids going toward the groceries to help.

Sending prayers for your friend and the families.

• jugar
    Well, another day is coming to a close here in the hermitage. It is snowing but hopefully that won't get tooooo bad overnight.

Things are looking a bit greener on our spreadsheet - good going! Tomorrow is our big day - let's hope for the best!

Heads up, Friday people:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @conleywoods
    @evangsimmons170

and a couple of stragglers :smile:
    @Andreabroadley
    @cory17

I might have missed you - sometimes messages appear out of nowhere!

So send me lots of green tomorrow if you can - we need it!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,456 Member
    @jugar Would like to come off the weightins for a few weeks please. Even though am presently working from home, am getting so little done and having difficulty staying on task. My weight is way up this week too. So I'm going back to basics and gotta get my schedule closer to my old work one precovid, and make those routines automatic again.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    It's the end of the day on Thursday. Beautiful sunny day here with lots of outside time. I rode bikes with my daughter, made pizza with my middle son and jogged with my youngest son while he rode his bike on the trail in the woods. Another successful day staying out of the snack cupboard. I had some cookies I baked yesterday still hanging around. I had that low blood sugar feeling when I got home from my bike ride and ate cookies...sigh. Overall I am happy with my calories for the day. I started some seeds: flowers, lettuce and kale. One of my little bonsai trees wasn't doing well so I repotted it. It definitely needed to be repotted so I hope it bounces back. It's my favorite tree we made by accident. It was growing on the grass road at our cabin and my husband mows the road at the beginning of summer every year. It's probably between 10 and 15 years old and is about 5 inches tall. We think it's a lodge pole pine, but who knows!

@micki48 We get our first grocery order tomorrow. I am hoping it goes well and we get what we ordered. I really want some lettuce! My father in law is the germaphobe in our family! He is driving every one crazy lately 🙃

@evangsimmons170 So inspiring with all the work outs! Awesome job and keep it up!

@YinxFed Too bad about the fit bit. Bad timing with fit rocker. Hopefully the new watch works well!

@eggfreak Nice loss! Awesome work.

@jugar We have frogs up at our house too! We also have a ton of loud gobbling, dancing turkeys everywhere too! They sit in two different trees and gobble back and forth at 5 AM 😳Hope you get your garden fence up soon.
  • jugar
    cory17 wrote: »
    @jugar Would like to come off the weightins for a few weeks please. Even though am presently working from home, am getting so little done and having difficulty staying on task. My weight is way up this week too. So I'm going back to basics and gotta get my schedule closer to my old work one precovid, and make those routines automatic again.

No problem - I'll put you on the support team, and you are, of course, more than welcome to post any time. There are many people in this group who are experiencing the same issues with working from home and struggling to work out a schedule - so feel free to ask for help, have a good rant, and let us know how you're doing. Many hugs flying your way!
  • jugar
    Hello Friday! Snow overnight, so it looks like the #($*%&(*? winter wonderland out there this morning. I hope my optimistic early planted seeds survive this! The indoor seeds are doing lovely on their heat mat with new plant lights. I think I will have to go out and read encouraging stories of strength and courage to my outdoor plantings, though. They should stay at home in the ground for a few more days at least!

I am starting to get encouraged about our chances of coming out well green this week! GREAT job @evangsimmons170 @eggfreak and even myself. I was worried about this week, but had a big surprise yesterday and today. I guess all that tree branch heaving and digging in the garden had more of an effect than I thought. And I am really in the habit of watching video only when on the exercise bike every evening. At first I found exercising closer to bedtime a bit weird, but I am liking it. I get a shower before going to bed and I have been sleeping like a cat. Well not quite that long, but really well!

OK, I love winter, but it can stop snowing now. It isn't listening to me...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 154.4
    CW 154.2

I don't know what to say. I had a great week with workouts and did pretty well with eating. I am about halfway through 21DF. I will be taking measurements in 10 days. Hopefully, I will see a change there.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    It's a sunny, breezy Friday here. Just finished my pilates. Think my plan is to get some breakfast, mow the lawn, then shower. I've been meaning to mow all week and it's getting pretty high. I love to mow. It's instant gratification and a bit of exercise too.

@evangsimmons170 Way to go with that incredible loss! Hard work certainly pays off. So happy for you.

@conleywoods Your day sounded wonderful. So much getting out in nature, exercise, and special time with your kids. I think a cookie or two is not a bust. You did great. Hope you get all your groceries.

@jugar I know you love winter, but boooo, yuck. It's April...something! No more snow. Time for gardening. I'm with you on that one. I have lots of cute little cucumbers coming up on my porch. I need soil for my raised beds though. That's a task I need to work on.

Have a great day everyone, stay healthy, do something good for you. Self care is important!! <3
This discussion has been closed.