Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 564 Member
    @jugar 182.4
    Catching up to yesterday. I accomplished lots of other things including a big batch of laundry which I hung out on the clothes line. It takes a lot longer but I get more exercise because I use one of those machines you have to fill by hand with a bucket - it has very small attachments for an external flexible tubes for water but, it doesn’t fit on the faucet. It’s a “Giantex” type usually used in small campers, etc. At any rate, our landlady is odd. One side of the duplex has 3/4 of the back-deck/porch space and a full laundry in the basement. Our side has the wee deck and NO washing machine. There’s no water access at all in the basement, although there *is* an electric dryer. I get so many steps when I do the laundry! Wash on the 2nd floor, dry in the basement or, carry outside to the line. It’s good.
    It’ll be a varied day with walking, school work, mask making, and all sorts of unplanned things. We’ll see.
    Have a great Thursday, everyone.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Gosh it is -1 C this morning. Still doing the quarantine but going a bit batty. I guess we are lucky to have nice warm homes to stay in! Everyone have a great day..
  • Andreabroadley
    Well done @Terytha on the hand sanitizer. I hope it works out for your community.
  • Andreabroadley
    I just bought some fall bulbs.. Amaryllis for Christmas time.. And some helleborus plants to be planted in the fall. Who knew you could do this all online? I may never leave the house again. LOL.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Good Morning !

It's a bright sunshiney day here, although a little chilly, the high is only 50 today... I am on the back end of the week, tomorrow starts my 3 day weekend, and the work week has been rather nice, although the drive home everyday has been extremely frustrating, it seems the people who are out just driving around for fun, are out at the precise time I leave work, so I always end up behind the folks who either don't know how to drive, don't know where they are going or are on a nice leisurely sunday drive... I just worked all day, I want to get home promptly, I do not need you to take your time deciding if you want to turn there or not... okay rant over...

My poor big doggy got stung by a bee, or something.. his poor snout was so swollen on one side, he is going to the vet this morning just to be sure, my daughter is taking him. He looks quite funny though, I had to laugh at him...

I did good yesterday, stayed somewhat in a round about area of my calorie goal... I was only over by about 150 so I'm calling it a win... considering... today will be better...

I did my pilates when I got home, then took the dogs for a walk, they are getting much better at it, the big one doesn't pull so much, but I still can't get him to walk beside me.. Maybe he will now that he got a boo boo on his nose from sticking it where it didn't belong.. wishful thinking, I know.. But he is improving each walk, so we will get there...

I did my video this morning, and remembered all of my lunch so yeah, it's a good day !
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Work has been so frustrating this week. We were told that we had to use a virtual option to stay in contact with students/parents. They also told us our preschool parents don't have access to the virtual options so just be creative. WHAT! What does that even mean!?! I use to love my job and it is so weird lately. My team is meeting today and we are just going to figure things out. There is a lot of pressure on teachers in our area to make all these spectacular things happen with little tech support. My building did a parent survey and the overwhelming response was that it's too much and parents are overwhelmed. These stupid meetings make me eat a lot of chocolate! My husband and I had a combined 6 hours of video meetings yesterday. What are my kids supposed to do all day! Yikes, I hope this gets better.

I did okay with calories and got in one workout video but no cardio yesterday. Hopefully today will go better but I have more meetings boo! I'm glad I am off tomorrow! Hope to see a loss but I think all the stress is having the opposite effect.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,259 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    PW 179
    CW 177
    my scale only does half pounds, I feel like I ought to get a better one. I see a lot posted here with .2s or .7s...any recommendations?
    it's grilled asparagus season....even better than chocolate eggs. ; )
    Glad you're recovering from your fall - scary- AND you're even getting in some exercise around it, good for you!
    Are you sure these numbers are correct? I have 169 as your last week, not 179...

As to a scale, it is probably a good idea to get another one, just so you can record small losses and gains. It isn't really necessary, but it is sometimes a nice feeling even if the loss is tiny! They are not expensive.

Grilled asparagus. You are so right! We're not into that season quite yet, but soon...
  • jugar
    Gosh it is -1 C this morning. Still doing the quarantine but going a bit batty. I guess we are lucky to have nice warm homes to stay in! Everyone have a great day..
    Cold here too! The wood stove is still in daily service. Looking forward to not needing to take out ashes, start fires, fuss over them...
  • jugar
    Work has been so frustrating this week. We were told that we had to use a virtual option to stay in contact with students/parents. They also told us our preschool parents don't have access to the virtual options so just be creative. WHAT! What does that even mean!?! I use to love my job and it is so weird lately. My team is meeting today and we are just going to figure things out. There is a lot of pressure on teachers in our area to make all these spectacular things happen with little tech support. My building did a parent survey and the overwhelming response was that it's too much and parents are overwhelmed. These stupid meetings make me eat a lot of chocolate! My husband and I had a combined 6 hours of video meetings yesterday. What are my kids supposed to do all day! Yikes, I hope this gets better.

I did okay with calories and got in one workout video but no cardio yesterday. Hopefully today will go better but I have more meetings boo! I'm glad I am off tomorrow! Hope to see a loss but I think all the stress is having the opposite effect.
    Wow. That sounds crazy, and you are completely right! Do you have a volunteer organisation with people willing to help out with kids on line? I volunteer for a local organisation that supplies after school homework tutoring and other support. Now they are putting together the tutors and students online for the kids who would normally go to the after school program, and anyone else who needs some help. I enjoy it, as a retired person, and I am sure it takes some of the pressure off the parents and teachers. I know it adds one more task to the list, but maybe there are retired folks in the area who would love to do this.

WTG on the calories and exercise! Too many meetings gives you plenty of pent-up energy to blow off!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    [quote="jugar;
    Are you sure these numbers are correct? I have 169 as your last week, not 179...
    ..[/quote]
    Yikes, 169 to 167, sorry, I was one cup of coffee short of having my brain in gear

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    qty97o6auitl.png

Moving forward for the next few weeks, do we want to continue to have our Step Team here? Please let me know. I know many of you who are steppers are also doing Fitrockr. You still need to report your steps here on our thread as they don't carry over and I can't see them. Please respond below YES to continue on our step team or NO to put it on hold for this month. As long as I have one other person who wants to continue, we will.

@Lovethyneighbor

I'm going to sit out. Quite literally. Since I don't have to go to a copy machine at my 'home office' I get in even less steps now. Thank you for checking in.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    @Jugar I will miss you, but I so understand your reasons for taking a Time Out. Yx
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @Jugar I will miss you, but I so understand your reasons for taking a Time Out. Yx
    I'm not going anywhere! Just not taking part in the team weight loss stats. Anyone can be on the support team if they are on maintenance, vacation, or need to take a break for any reason. I'll still be here - and I'll still weigh in, just to keep myself on an even keel, but it won't count in the team stats. You're stuck with me!!!

Oh goodie :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 154.2
    CW 154.2

I don't know why I can't shake this weight. I'm working out. My eating is perfect but it's also not that bad.
  • jugar
    PW 154.2
    CW 154.2
    I don't know why I can't shake this weight. I'm working out. My eating is perfect but it's also not that bad.
    For a while, be scrupulous about your portions and the real amount of calories in and calories out. Sometimes the database is inaccurate (compare several entries for the same thing or use the bar code scanner), sometimes we eat more than we think or don't burn as many calories as the tracker likes to tell us. You won't burn the same # of calories as a larger person doing the same exercise, for example. Measure amounts carefully and see if you can make a slightly (only slightly!) larger calorie deficit each day. Small changes - hopefully then the numbers will start creeping down. Check out www.tinyhabits.com - some people swear by it. Or just aim for accuracy and consistency. You can do it!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    Happy Friday!!! Congratulation @jugar for getting to that place we all strive to be, maintenance! Yay you. And good for you knowing your body best...and listening as well.

Just finished some pilates. I'm afraid my weight will be up again. But, I have been fooled before. Although it doesn't look great today. My steps are a little better than last week, but not what they were. I have only been outside for one walk, so my exercise is pilates, some dancing, and walking around my yard. And a little ball bouncing. I still have not gotten back into logging everything. I don't feel like it. Burn out. Too much with all this other stress. IDK But, I know my eating hasn't been horrible, but I am focused more on eating what we have and not wasting food. We were out of lettuce for almost a week. Now, we are resupplied. Having dinner leftovers instead of my usual salad probably has not helped my weight. Plus, we've been using up ham from Easter and there's all that extra salt. So, hopefully I don't show a gain tomorrow, but if I do, I know why.

Glad that many of you still want to do our team step challenge. I am not finding fitrockr super motivating. I'm not sure I even understand how it really works. And if you have to log in to sync, then half the days, I'm forgetting to do that. Just another place to log in. Blah. I'm going to stick with it here. Last week, I only had step numbers from Rhonda @evangsimmons170 and me that were complete, so please get those numbers to me. Also, might I suggest a daily check in with how your steps are going. Maybe your goal for the day and the result? Or whatever you want to share.

Daily Step Goal 4/17: 10,000

(I'm off to a late start getting those steps in too, so it will be challenging.):)

See you later!! @AmyRobF How are you doing? Haven't seen much of you here.
This discussion has been closed.