Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    So what I am hearing you ladies say is I should be logging??? Lol. I haven't been logging, except when I think I've eaten bad and Iwant to see how bad. I will log yesterday and today and continue to log.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    @micki48 I think you and I are on similar weight loss speeds! If I figure out how to speed up without having a total meltdown I will let you know. I know for me going slow works and it has taken me awhile to make peace with it. I still get frustrated when others can go faster than me. I have made a lot of habits stick and I'm sure you have too. Think about how long you have stuck with it. I bet it's getting harder to remember your previous limitations when you started. You are basically a new person! All we can ask for is that we keep trying. I get worried about letting the team down too. It can be a lot of pressure.

Today I took a 10,000 step challenge. I got about half my steps in marching inside. Hopefully I can get the rest of my steps outdoors, weather permitting. I am trying to get more and more vegetables into my diet. I had lettuce wraps for a snack and will have vegetable potato soup for lunch. For dinner I am craving a big veggie stir fry with shrimp! Focusing on water too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 210
    CW 210

I haven’t logged my food, checked in, made goals or exercised. I have been eating and napping! Of course everyday things. Now to discipline myself...

Amy - some tough love here. You say this every week. Then you check in one week later and say it again. You need to make a commitment, join in much more, make some TINY changes, decide what one small change you can make at a time. We'd love to see you succeed! So while you're on the couch, put yourself on the habit tracker if that would help - you can start that any time. Put in one habit - no need to go for five. Or two - make the first one "post every day on the team"!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfm2zGAheqpXKG4o3sj-sWen5bx6p14e12M1n0QhG9M/edit#gid=1801852206 (on the bottom of the sheet, find the Waistaways tab, add your name, put in your habit(s), and start earning check marks. You can change the habit any time. No one checks up on you here.)

If the habit tracker isn't your style, ask the team what tools work for them. One of the suggestions might ring just the right chime. Or check out the tinyhabits.com site. It is overwhelming to think of "make goals" or "exercise". Break it down, aim for those small changes. Then keep going!

As they say, what have you got to lose? Weight! You've got weight to lose and you can do it!
  • jugar
    AND it is time for my weekly warning:

6wrexgtqmost.png

A few more weigh-ins and it's a wrap!
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    jugar wrote: »

6wrexgtqmost.png

@Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive

@jugar
    Gave my numbers this morning will resend if you didn't see it
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Matthewsfive
    Saturday Week 3
    PW 161.8
    CW 160.8

Happy with that,150's I'm coming for you
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    48zty6axdj4w.jpg

I messed up my good sleeping cycle on Wednesday by staying up practically all night long to work on something for my job. I have not quite recovered from that stupid stunt yet. Since Wednesday's sleep debacle, I've struggled with fluid retention and exhaustion. But I refuse to go backwards. I've worked too hard. That said, I'm going to bed now. Sleep tight!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Saturday end of day update: husband and I each received different devastating pieces of news, so I did not achieve my exercise goal because we were too busy hysterical laugh-crying it out.

But I did drink water and stretch.

So, something at least!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,094 Member
    Weekly report (spoiler alert - it'snot good!):

PW: 176.5
    CW: 178.7

Steps for yesterday (18th April) - 3844

The only good news here is that I'm still in the 170s, even though I desperately want to get into the 160s :'( Worse still, I know what did it:

1) My steps are getting worse and worse
    2) I ate TWO Easter eggs!

The good news is that there are no more Easter eggs to be eaten.

So this week we start afresh and here are my commitments starting tomorrow:
    - I will be adding an outside walk to my normal indoor activities
    - I will be using the Habits spreadsheet again (fell out of the habit a few weeks ago)
    - I am starting the new SELF 2020 Spring Challenge and will be recording and sometimes capturing (sweaty t-shirt photo) progress to the Facebook group
    - Nothing will go in my mouth after supper
    - Increase water uptake (maybe try to replace my illicit snacks with a glass of H2O)

I will turn this around!

Happy Sunday, Friends!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps for the week - I feel for people who work desk jobs! It's hard to get the steps.

Sun- 5,151
    Mon- 7,196
    Tues- 6,880
    Wed - 12,819
    Thurs -9,993
    Fri- 8,435
    Sat- 15,887
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    av64bka2l18c.jpg
    5q3x5jdku10f.png
    437z72ouor14.png
    6rp2i40m5dvh.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.25%
    2nd Trimstones 0.09%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.09%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 10.9 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 3.8 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 3.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @trlong1308 2.56 %
    2nd @jessicakrall8 1.84%
    3rd @deniners2 1.66 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @jessicakrall8 6.0 Lbs
    1st @trlong1308 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @cesse47 3.8 Lbs
    3rd @charlottemilton 3.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Emmajhare
    @ScottyTheGent
    @angmarie28
    @GingerPwr
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    @suzyjmcd2
    @bigblues11
    @Terytha
    @Zumba_Luvah

9reljhafut0n.png

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Sunday update: 30 minutes of exercise.

Hopefully a walk later today too but we'll see how the weather is.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Wahooooo Team Waistaways for taking the lead this week!!! Are you up to the challenge to win next week too? You can do it!!! B)

wjwkujhszslp.png
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member

6wrexgtqmost.png

@Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive

I posted mine Saturday morning. I’ll find it and repost.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    Heads up for Saturday people:
    @lovethyneighbor

!

• jugar
    Sorry to anyone who had to re-post Saturday weights! It is weird sometimes, when I am writing the post, new messages don't always appear until quite a bit later, especially if there is a new page. I look, but they only show up some time later. But don't worry ever ! If I remind you and you have already posted, you do not need to re-post. I ALWAYS search each individual member's posts on Sunday morning when I do the tallies. If you posted before 7 am Eastern on Sunday, I will catch it for sure.

So happy beginning of week 4! We have 5 weeks this month, so this is not the end. We can keep working at our goals, and follow @YinxFed 's example of new commitments and energy as needed.

I'll be putting up a new challenge later today as well for the whole F2F group - stay tuned, and join in if you need some inspiration and fun!

Out to the garden...
  • jugar
    All right everyone - a new Challenge is up!
    ozw3j46nh61m.png

Let's get going on some serious and fun strategies to rock the next week or two -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792880/april-showers-ii-swimming-to-safety#latest

This discussion has been closed.