WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I did it you guys. I DID IT. The woosh happened.

My BMI is under 30.

I'm not obese anymore!!!

I had to lose 88 pounds of bad choices and worse habits, and drop from a BMI of 44 to get here, but there you have it.

Just 40 lbs left to lose (ish). That's not nearly as intimidating as when I started with a goal of losing 120.

I don't know what my reward should be. I'm pretty limited since everything is closed. Maybe I'll hold off and spoil myself at the end of the year.

Super Yay! @Terytha! I'm so happy for you and inspired by you. You've done an amazing job! :smiley:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @Terytha AMAZING! Look at all that hard work pay off. I bet you have changed so many habits during this time. You definitely deserve something special! Doesn't matter if you spoil yourself now or later, you earned it ❤❤❤
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy This is a hard time. A lot of us are struggling with old habits creeping in. The attitudes and moods are out of wack too. Hang in there and keep trying. I think that is all we can ask of ourselves is to try. It isn't always successful or pretty right now but we can't give up.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options

My BMI is under 30.

I'm not obese anymore!!!

I had to lose 88 pounds of bad choices and worse habits, and drop from a BMI of 44 to get here, but there you have it.

Just 40 lbs left to lose (ish). That's not nearly as intimidating as when I started with a goal of losing 120.

I don't know what my reward should be. I'm pretty limited since everything is closed. Maybe I'll hold off and spoil myself at the end of the year.

👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉
    Amber, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so proud of you. You have done (and continue to do) an amazing thing. You have worked hard, struggled through difficult times, pushed ahead, changed habits, and accomplished this in the MIDDLE of a global pandemic! You rule, my friend.

You are inspiring to me. Getting to that point is my goal as well. You blew past me and are killing it. While I am quite a bit older than you, I know I will get there eventually too, with inspiring people around me, LIKE YOU!!!!🤗❤️👍🏻
  • micki48
    Options
    Tuesooj8covhyjjd.jpeg
    Tuesday check in. It is Tuesday, right?

I had almost 14,000 steps yesterday. Did Pilates this morning. Didn’t finish logging yesterday, but determined to do it today.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Consider yourself kicked. Stop smoking NOW! You did it before. Don’t give stress power over you. YOU are in control. YOU can do this. Stopping smoking was the BEST thing you did for your health. Get on it.

Also, we all hear you and understand. This pandemic is unprecedented for all of us. It’s hard for many people, but an act of selflessness for the greater good. Not just those who are high risk, but to try and not overwhelm our first responders. It is hurting the economy in ways we’ve yet to see, but it’s lives we are saving. Jumping back into “normal” too soon could put us right back at the beginning. Everyone wants to get back to the new normal. But we must be patient. Big DEEP BREATH. 🤗
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Roller Coaster! That is how everything feels, and it is well reflected in our wonderful team here. Fantastic commitment, losses, and showers of tiaras! WTG @Terytha and @jguldi11 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you for the openness and support, even when feeling sometimes shaky @micki48 and @conleywoods . This means more than you can imagine.

And from the tough places you are here @Gidgitgoescrazy - the best thing you could do. You have stopped smoking again, and it is going to make you feel all the feels. It won't be nice sometimes, but actually feeling them instead of replacing with that little short-lived buzz we all love is the choice you know will improve your life in so many ways.

I'm feeling inspired this morning. I started listening to a podcast, which I rarely do, and it is really helping wake up many ideas. It is Unlocking Us with Brené Brown and her guests. The first episode I already mentioned is about the FFT - the effing first time. We are all in one of those, and the people who are cancelling camping trips are in one of those, and no one really knows what is going to work. It is hard. Ways that don't work will be discovered. This morning I listened to the episode with Glennon Doyle who recently published "Untamed". Among many things, they talk about overcoming addiction, and breaking out of expectations and "shoulds". It is a good conversation. Give it a listen if you're taking a nice long walk and want some company!

Thank you all for all these thoughts and for the way we help each other. I have been struggling with the changes coming up from not drinking any alcohol, being injured and not being able to do my usual exercise and other stuff, feeling hungry ALL the time, and other fun stuff. At the same time I do not feel anxious or worried, and I have not gotten far off track - it is a detached time of reflection in a lot of ways. But then I get angry or down sometimes, and have to put the bricks back together to rebuild. You all inspire me and make it easier not to give up!

Today it will be Pilates and walking, making a high-caloric treat for my son who cannot keep enough weight on him (poor thing!) without sampling too much :grimace: , and playing my flutes for at least a little while. Tally ho, everyone! You're all fabulous!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats @terytha so inspiring!!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

My BMI is under 30.

I'm not obese anymore!!!

👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼🎉
    Amber, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so proud of you. You have done (and continue to do) an amazing thing. You have worked hard, struggled through difficult times, pushed ahead, changed habits, and accomplished this in the MIDDLE of a global pandemic! You rule, my friend.

You are inspiring to me. Getting to that point is my goal as well. You blew past me and are killing it. While I am quite a bit older than you, I know I will get there eventually too, with inspiring people around me, LIKE YOU!!!!🤗❤️👍🏻

Haha, you all flatter me too much. I'm gonna get a big head.

I have worked hard, but I am able to work hard because all of you around me are working hard too. I see your successes and see you setting and reaching incredible goals and it makes me want to do more.

Now go add like 50 calories to your log for all that cheese. ;)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

WOO HOO, well done amidst all this!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @Terytha That is a big accomplishment. You should definitely do something to celebrate. 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello again wonderful people -

Some of the other teams are taking the last few days of the April challenge to stop, take a breath, and look at April and ahead to May. The format is quite beautiful. It was started by Mission Slimpossibles, and I am sharing it with you for anyone who wants to answer.

kt2dthob5lqr.jpg

As we finish this last week of April (already!?), here is a new challenge/invitation for you. It's called Roses, Thorns & Seeds. Please take a few minutes to reflect on your health and fitness journey in April. The world has thrown us a few curveballs, but we are still here, and still working to get healthier together.
    • Reflect on your Roses: What has worked WELL for you/made you happy in April, in terms of your working on Health & Fitness? If you're comfortable with doing so, share as many or as few items as you like here.
    • Reflect on your Thorns: What has NOT worked well? Again, share as many items as you'd like.
    • Reflect on your Seeds: What are the places you want to work on improving? Things you can see to work on next week and next month? Again, share any items you are comfortable with sharing here.
    Thanks so much for considering this invitation, and for sharing your health and fitness journey! This is such a wonderful team!
  • jugar
    Options
    We have a new member on the way - @CanadianGiraffe - a name I could not resist. Alberta? Quebec? Where could this person be from? Let's hope the suspense does not last long...
  • micki48
    Options
    For anyone interested, this is the Pilates that @jugar and I do. Robin is offering a thirty minute free live Pilates class on Saturday, which is apparently Pilates Day. May 2nd.

thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilatesday
  • micki48
    Options
    Late day check in. I logged everything and it wasn’t pretty today. I had snack/sugaritis. If you want to feel better about your day, check out my logged snacks. 😳...But I logged everything. That’s good, right?

My Rose 🌹 for April - I was able to be more consistent with my Pilates workouts and see a real difference in my core strength.

My Thorn for April - Logging was a real struggle. I’m usually very good about logging, but this whole stay at home thing just had me not wanting to do that. I have been trying not to waste foods, so sometimes it seemed cumbersome to write all the little things down.

My Seeds for May -
    •I need to get back to logging all my food. 🥗
    •I need to stay within my calories. ⚖️
    •I need to eat mindfully. 🧘🏻‍♀️
    •Drink and record my water 💦
    •Get more cardio 👟
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm feeling so inspired by you @Terytha ! You are where I hope to be some day, hopefully in the not too distant future!

My Tuesday was great for steps and eating until we had birthday cake for a family member's bday. I was planning to say no but did not succeed in that.

Roses
    - I've increased my physical activity quite a bit and am making an effort to meet my step goal almost every day
    - I started logging everything again
    - I'm actively making healthier food choices most of the time
    - I found this group
    - My mood has improved so much as a result of making these changes

Thorns
    - Snacking. Ugh.
    - Sugar. Ugh again.
    - Stress - I have some of the same thoughts as @Gidgitgoescrazy and have to keep it in check. Stress is a major trigger for me to eat unhealthy foods and slack on exercise.

Seeds
    - Continue daily logging
    - Make a better effort to lessen sugar consumption
    - Maintain a calorie deficit every day
    - Perhaps try a new online workout video or class?
  • conleywoods
    Options
    Today was a nice day. Got lots done and my kids had a sleepover at grandma's tonight. My husband and I picked up take out. I planned ahead so I had calories but definitely ate through all my exercise calories too. Oh well. I enjoyed date night and didn't over eat and feel stuffed. Got in a walk with my 5 year old today. We have a big cherry tree that is blooming right now and he is so fascinated with all the honey bees. When you walk under the tree it is so loud with 100's of buzzing bees. We spent most of the afternoon walking to the tree to check things out, ha! I also got a barre workout in.

My roses🌹
    *I got control of the snacks
    *Got lots of workouts in
    * increased my vegetables

My thorns🥀
    *I let stress get to me often
    *didn't make much progress with the scale
    *missed days logging

My seeds🌱
    *I'm pissed off and determined to see the scale move
    *I am going to keep adding vegetables
    *Keep working out 6 days a week
    *manage evening snacks by skipping them or choosing low density foods.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My Rose for April
    - logging the night before
    - prepping - soup,veggies, protein ahead so I'm not faced with being hungry and nothing planned for it
    - Avoiding anything sweeter than Chobani Hint yogurt and Mott's natural applesauce....and embracing these (& almonds and other atypical treats) as a yum yum (see my diary for my yum yum column : )

My Thorn for April
    - Wine. One glass leading to more and then crackers and cheese and so on.

My Seeds for May -
    -start adding in deliberate exercise (fitbit challenges good for that-join us!)
    -stop tripping over the dumbbells that I pulled out 2 months ago and get into a regular routine.
    -ease off on the sodium
    -post more in F2F - I feel I don't contribute enough.

Looks like I might be headed back to the office (secretary in a Conservation Commission/Town Hall office) around May 18th...positives (more structured work) and negatives (I'll miss the home, caregiving & garden structure) -we'll see how it goes. Welcome to all the newcomers! Having a MFP community to learn and share has been super helpful to me. Anyone looking to add friends on MFP or Fitbit, feel free to reach out and add.
    Sun's out today, hurray! Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.