WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    SO PROUD! 3 people lost weight every single week in March (including my sister! congrats!), and 8 people lost for 3 of the 4 weeks! I think we did pretty well, don't you? Consistency, and over four weeks, we lost 42.5 pounds as a team. Picture 42.5 pounds of butter on your kitchen counter. That's how much fat and flab we lost. Sure, not every single individual lost this month, but as a group, if we were one body - we did really well.

I am happy with myself this month - best green check mark streak in the habit tracker since I started doing it. I have become rather fond of those check marks :smiley:

Tiaras all around!

I second that Tiaras all around
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    We have a group challenge for week 1 - a list of fun, useful, and self-caring things we can do every day. Enjoy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790503/april-2020-week-1-april-showers-challenge#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Last message for the day, I promise!

Still need today's weigh-in from:
    @Andreabroadley
    @graceojo999

Due Monday:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @reflectionofme
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

Thanks!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I am up a bit! Lack of exercise and pandemic snaccidents.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 153.9
    CW: 154.3

Did a TRX workout from Facebook today. Not that I can really do burpees. This one doesn't require a TRX.

https://www.facebook.com/trxtraining/videos/352296702353410/

Hi @jugar!! Thanks.. 😁
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Sunday. Had a good day. Ate some good food and fit in an hour work out. Still trying to keep the mood stable! LOL.

Trying to think of a good intro since we all know each other this month. I have struggled with weight from about the time my husband and I got married. Having 3 kids and a busy work schedule didn't help either. I really decided about a year ago to lose the weight for myself. It has taken a lot of time to build new habits and it is still a work in progress. The habit I am most proud of is working out regularly.
    My April goals are to adapt to my work from home schedule. I really don't like when home and work mix. I've been really pissy about the whole thing and couldn't put my finger on the actual issue. I am planning to have a better attitude because it's really a gift. I get to keep my job, collect a pay check, stay safe and do parts of my job. I will only work my work schedule. I will tell co workers I am not available on Friday because that is my day off. I will begin my work day by turning my email notifications on and end my day by turning my email notifications off. I will fit exercise in daily and take a lunch break. I will cut myself some slack when things get busy and I can't do everything I think I'm "supposed" to do.

Is anyone else tired of preparing every meal for the past 14-16 days straight? Oh my goodness so much cooking. I never realized how much I enjoyed eating out as a break from cooking. Thank goodness the kids can do dishes! SO...MANY..
    DISHES!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @micki48
    Here are my steps to finish up last week:
    3/27: 18,434
    3/28: 10,246
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Last message for the day, I promise!

Still need today's weigh-in from:
    @Andreabroadley
    @graceojo999

Pls exclude me for the next 2 weeks. Thanks
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    STeps for 3/27 = 4927
    3/28 = 7405

I am not going to do the Step Challange for April -

Weigh In -

PW - 172.6
    CW - 172.6

• jugar
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I am up a bit! Lack of exercise and pandemic snaccidents.

Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 153.9
    CW: 154.3

Did a TRX workout from Facebook today. Not that I can really do burpees. This one doesn't require a TRX.

https://www.facebook.com/trxtraining/videos/352296702353410/

We must have been posting at the same time!! Thanks. And any time you have TRX videos to share, I love them! But not burpees...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I change my weigh in to Friday this month?

Congratulations to everyone who lost each week in March!!!!! That's my goal for this month.

@conleywoods You're an SLP, right?What age group? We aren't going back this year and that's hard. I'm trying to think of special online activities to do. I have yet to find a good schedule. I'm going to try one out this week, but it will change again next week, as my work will change.
  • jugar
    Options
    @graceojo999 - hope you're doing OK! You don't have to weigh in until April 12th - or if you need more time, just let me know. :heart:

@conleywoods - dishes! You need my most tired old joke. I have never had a dishwasher since leaving home in 1971. Never will, most likely! My husband and I joke (lamely) that we don't have one because we can't agree on the model - I want one that is tall with nice muscle definition, and he wants one with long hair and a knock out figure. Once we had kids, we decided we could agree on the model - a one girl with long hair and one boy with nice muscles! They were a great help. But yeah. A LOT of dishes. We have always been eat at home people, so we got used to it, but it is amazing how many dishes a family can create. Rinse and Stack was the Unbreakable Rule. My kids picketed outside the kitchen window when they did not want to come inside where the chores lived... Rowdy little monsters :mrgreen:
    CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
    rj88hhxusczr.png

I know I have mentioned this idea before, but this time I'm going to see if a few of you want to give it a try. Team Mission Slimpossible has been using Fitrockr.com to track their steps for the past 2-3 months. Apparently it works really well - step tracking and reporting is all automatic, and the team is happy with it. It is also possible to track all fitness activity instead of just steps, adjusted to age, starting weight, etc. to earn points.

It is not really a good time to try to make a full F2F effort - we have team captains and members with serious time constraints at the moment, and I would not want to ask for a multi-team expansion. That said, there are some people who are finding it hard to keep up exercise while in isolation, and this might be a way to help.

So I would like to set up an experimental WaistAways Fitrockr team to compete with the Slimpossibles. We only need to be a few people to make it work. Let me know who is interested. You can look at how it works on their website at www.fitrockr.com -- please do NOT sign up yet! I'm going to work with @AustinRuadhain on how the team sign-up works and then I'll let anyone interested know what to do.

In order to volunteer for this, you'll need a fitness tracker of any kind, or an app on your smart phone. It seems quite simple to use - but this will be a chance to find out for sure. In the meantime, our own step team will continue business as usual! Obviously, if there is not enough interest, we won't do this, but I think it could be fun.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar The Fitrockr thing seems fun. It doesn't connect directly to my watch, but it looks like I could download an intermediary app that would link, so I could give it a shot. :)

@conleywoods Very tired! I finally installed Skip the Dishes because I couldn't handle one more night of cooking. Not much left is even delivering except fast food, but I was able to get a bowl of pho so that's all right.

I'm going a bit stir crazy at home tbh. So I did part one of my hair yesterday. Bleached the last six inches or so. I'm gonna come out if this with some wild hair just wait.

xyuaxycridgb.jpg
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @jugar Wow, that is a long time without a dishwasher! I have the best mother in law. When I was at work she would come over to my house and do my dishes 2 or 3 times a week because she was bored. We really miss the dish washing fairy. My tiny butlers are definitely earning their keep!

I would be interested in the fitrockr trial.

@KellyBgetsfit I'm an occupational therapist and I work with preschoolers and I also have a high school with really impacted kids age 14 to 21. Many of my high schoolers are functioning around the 6 month old to 4 year old range. Working at home is a weird process and admin changes what we are to do by the day. Keeping kids at home engaged at the same time is tough.

@Terytha Nice job on phase 1 of your hair. My blonde roots are really getting long on my chocolate brown hair! I have a box of dye but I haven't done anything yet. I know it will pull a red tint and my stylist will fix it eventually. Stupid quarantine 🙄
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    @jugar Yes please add me to the fitrockr trial!

Happy Monday all!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yay! We will have a team it looks like. So far me, @terytha, @conleywoods, @YinxFed - more? Austin and I are working up the details on how to register so that you actually end up on the team. More to follow!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar Please add me to the fitrockr trial.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar Please add me to the fitrockr trial.

Yes!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar can I change my weigh in to Friday this month?

Congratulations to everyone who lost each week in March!!!!! That's my goal for this month.

@conleywoods You're an SLP, right?What age group? We aren't going back this year and that's hard. I'm trying to think of special online activities to do. I have yet to find a good schedule. I'm going to try one out this week, but it will change again next week, as my work will change.

You certainly may change to Fridays - join the crowd! I hope your schedule settles down eventually :heart:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Somehow my wt from last thurs was missed (thought I posted it on fri?) but was 214.0 if can still go in.

@conleywoods For years & years when my kids were small, I cooked and washed for 7. never ending dishes. Have a dishwasher now & doing for 2 but I still use it as much as possible. Made such a wonderful change. Can't understand how some who have it don't use.
This discussion has been closed.