WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @matthews5 Do you still have the green button with "preview" next to the green button, "post reply"? It's available on my mac and iphone and seems to be the way to edit things prior to a full post.
    Today has been an odd but productive day. We moved a bureau out to the porch (and that had to be decluttered and cleaned before and afterwards which, fortuanately, my spouse did) and then I cleaned where that was in the "dressing room", and made a "college bookshelf" with milk crates to have next to the sewing machine (which hasn't been moved, yet from the 3rd bedroom which will be my daughter's when she moves back after her quarantine wraps up).
    whew! I'll need to finish sewing some masks for the two of us (she's got 3 already), which is slated for tomorrow morning. We'll then help her at the short term storage she's had and then we'll have some time to visit.
    As the old lady I worked for used to say, "Life is funny hunny".
    It sure is, Annie!
    Have a good Saturday night!
    :smiley:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    csuraq6p95lr.gif

2-Team Challenge Ready to Go
    Hello, Waistaways! @jugar and I have set up our 2-team challenge league in FitRockr. This is going to be such fun! It's a trial run, so be patient and let us know if you hit roadbumps!

The Waistaways that we think are interested are: @Steph1498 , @eggfreak , @YinxFed , @conleywoods , @Terytha , @evelynladams527 , and @micki48 , so I am tagging you guys on this.

What You Need
    To participate, either (A) you need a fitness tracking device (many options) or (B) you need to download either the Misfit, the Fitbit or the Google Fit app, and set that up with your phone as your tracker. Once you are set up, when you sync with your app, FitRockr will automatically get sent your activity data, will then calculate Activity Points (which reflect your activity level, not just steps), and finally add them to the points for the team.

Set Up a FitRockr Profile.
    NOTE that for this challenge, you’ll need to include in your profile your Height, Weight and Age. Other users will not see this data, but FitRockr will use it when calculating your Activity Points.

Next, Join Our Private 2-Team Challenge League on FitRockr
    AFTER YOU SET UP YOUR FITROCKR ACCOUNT AND LOG IN, use this "join" link. You'll get a "Join Team Within League" message. Select Waistaways and then "Join."
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/375aff

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    cw 214.8
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I clicked the link and it says Sorry, you are not allowed to join.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    => REVISED LINK - SEE BELOW! <=
    csuraq6p95lr.gif

Hello, Waistaways! @jugar and I have set up our 2-team challenge league in FitRockr. This is going to be such fun! It's a trial run, so be patient and let us know if you hit roadbumps!

The Waistaways that we think are interested are: @Steph1498 , @eggfreak , @YinxFed , @conleywoods , @Terytha , @evelynladams527 , and @micki48 , so I am tagging you guys on this.

What You Need
    To participate, either (A) you need a fitness tracking device (many options) or (B) you need to download either the Misfit, the Fitbit or the Google Fit app, and set that up with your phone as your tracker. Once you are set up, when you sync with your app, FitRockr will automatically get sent your activity data, will then calculate Activity Points (which reflect your activity level, not just steps), and finally add them to the points for the team.

NOTE that for this challenge, you’ll need to include in your profile your Height, Weight and Age. Other users will not see this data, but FitRockr will use it when calculating your Activity Points.

AFTER YOU SET UP YOUR FITROCKR ACCOUNT AND LOG IN, use this "join" link. You'll get a "Join Team Within League" message. Select Waistaways and then "Join."
    https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/joinLeague/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff/true

=> REVISED LINK <=
    ARG! I am not sure what the problem was, but revised the link and it now seems to be working. Please accept my apologies and then try joining using this link!
    => https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/joinLeague/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff/

@Terytha - Thanks so much for trying this so quickly and letting me know there was a problem. Does the new link work for you?

anxu4nhemsmh.gif
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    csuraq6p95lr.gif

What You Need

https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/joinLeague/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff/true

=> REVISED LINK <=
    ARG! I am not sure what the problem was, but revised the link and it now seems to be working. Please accept my apologies and then try joining using this link!
    => https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/joinLeague/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff/

@Terytha - Thanks so much for trying this so quickly and letting me know there was a problem. Does the new link work for you?

anxu4nhemsmh.gif

@AustinRuadhain I just joined but there are no other participants listed and the name of the league is not listed. It looks like this:

5a2usxt8besz.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    csuraq6p95lr.gif

What You Need

=> REVISED LINK <=

anxu4nhemsmh.gif

@AustinRuadhain I just joined but there are no other participants listed and the name of the league is not listed. It looks like this:
    5a2usxt8besz.png

Hmmm. I am wondering if you are set up on FitRockr but not yet in the league.

Does clicking this link again give you the option to "Join Team Within League?"
    https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/joinLeague/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff/

Here's a walkthrough of what I see:
    wm46o5enh3lx.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good morning! It's dreary here and I'm doing a happy dance for @matthewsfive and your swimsuits! They are the hardest thing in the world to buy, but when you have just the right one, it is fantastic. I bought one recently too, getting ready for Foamfest - but that probably will be postponed at best! But I can rock the thing at home in the pond. Enjoy those new suits! NWI for sure :smiley:
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Fitrockr - I found it - selecting public leagues, then in the search box below, put in test slim...it pops up right away.
  • eggfreak
    Options
    but not seeing how I can 'join' the team
  • eggfreak
    Options
    Okay, this info and link worked for me, I'm in! yay!
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/375aff
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2f23wygevzpq.jpg
    hvj9yt3ka02i.png
    nyzqxaab5gmj.png
    p7gqtj5ttxt7.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.40%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.28%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.26%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 20.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 12.8 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 12.8 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Murphyi150 3.79%
    2nd @achagpar 2.72%
    3rd @nbbaby 2.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Murphyi150 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @nbbaby 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @charlottemilton 4.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @guitargirl55
    @Terytha
    @simbersea
    @wrknonmedaily
    @trooworld
    @Beka3695
    @Emmajhare
    @ddk125
    @laurenebargar

1fkf6natwx11.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all!

PW - 176.5
    CW - 177.4

1byz6oadq9sp.jpg
  • eggfreak
    Options
    [quote="Beka3695;Who would like to participate?[/center][/quote]

Count me in, it's a personal goal anyhow!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    yycunlmysy23.png
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

WAIST AWAY'S have 21 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?

Count on me
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Good morning! It's dreary here and I'm doing a happy dance for @matthewsfive and your swimsuits! They are the hardest thing in the world to buy, but when you have just the right one, it is fantastic. I bought one recently too, getting ready for Foamfest - but that probably will be postponed at best! But I can rock the thing at home in the pond. Enjoy those new suits! NWI for sure :smiley:

@jugar Thanks
    Foamfest sound like fun, rock that swimsuit anyway you can
This discussion has been closed.