lovethyneighbor Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    8pzfwpdydih9.jpeg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Yay! We will have a team it looks like. So far me, @terytha, @conleywoods, @YinxFed - more? Austin and I are working up the details on how to register so that you actually end up on the team. More to follow!

I will try it too. Do we just want to skip the regular step challenge? It looks like almost all the same people are doing both. I am happy to keep doing it, but it seems it may be duplicating results.
  • micki48
    Options
    dishes! You need my most tired old joke. I have never had a dishwasher since leaving home in 1971. Never will, most likely! My husband and I joke (lamely) that we don't have one because we can't agree on the model - I want one that is tall with nice muscle definition, and he wants one with long hair and a knock out figure.

Currently, our dishwasher is broken, so back to the trusty model we had for 26 years. Mine is 6' 2" green eyes. :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Somehow my wt from last thurs was missed (thought I posted it on fri?) but was 214.0 if can still go in.

Wonderful! It is certainly possible to put it in. I have been finding lately that there are delays in posts appearing, not sure why. When I do tallies, though, I search each member individually for all posts in the past week, which usually catches any that I or other captains may have missed. I'll be even more diligent as we go forward! It is just good to see you - this is a time when absences create questions for sure. Hugs to you - and wow on years of doing dishes for 7. Holy moly.
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Yay! We will have a team it looks like. So far me, @terytha, @conleywoods, @YinxFed - more? Austin and I are working up the details on how to register so that you actually end up on the team. More to follow!
    I will try it too. Do we just want to skip the regular step challenge? It looks like almost all the same people are doing both. I am happy to keep doing it, but it seems it may be duplicating results.

That is a tough question. I know that Mission Slimpossibles completely replaced their step team with this, and they are liking it. So far, they have stuck with tracking steps, but I think we're going to try the "activity points" for this month and see how that works. This way anyone doing any kind of exercise can take part. The nice thing about the fitrockr thing, as I understand it, is that once it is set up, everyone's stats are updated automatically with no need for anyone collecting the steps for the spreadsheet. The downside is needing to have a fitness tracker or adding an app to your phone. That is the one that I'm not too happy about - the apps with no dedicated tracker are not very wonderful, but I'll make do for now. Austin and I will be discussing the next steps today - I'll keep you all posted! In the meantime, have a think about keeping our team for now (I'm happy to help update steps if people are still reporting them here), or seeing if everyone is willing to jump into this experiment. Either way works for me.
    micki48 wrote: »
    Currently, our dishwasher is broken, so back to the trusty model we had for 26 years. Mine is 6' 2" green eyes. :smile:
    OOOOH nice! Mine is 6'3", hazel eyes - but I still miss the 5'10" super dark almost black eyes of my son who moved out in December!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be better but actually...

Working from home sucks.

Stuff is going on at work that I don't know about and I'm not there so I can't ask.

I feel like a jerk for just forwarding half my work to people who are there.

I'm scared I won't be needed anymore.

Time is passing slowly, even slower than usual.

I'm trying to hold Teams meetings on my couch while my cat yells at me and husband plays Final Fantasy.

Ugh.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have an old fitbit which needs charging...the charger is buried in a box somewhere...unless I put it in a "safe place", in which case, I'm screwed. Part of my story is that I'm really good at procrastinating. Actually, I've learned that in order to make positive changes, it's best to re-phrase things and say, "I used to tell myself...", etc. So, I used to procrastinate. I'm learning how to take care of details of interest sooner, and also how to take care of myself by doing some of the less-desirable tasks earlier in the day so they're out of the way!
    Now that I'm at home and not working at the Physical Therapy Pool, I need to do other types of exercise at home...with a spouse who is less than thrilled with the prospects of work let alone exercise! We *have* been walking most days and have started increasing our time outside. All that to come back around to what I started writing above.
    In case you didn't get this far, @jugar, I'd like to learn more about the automatic step-tracker system. It's possible that I can get this little thing to work for me (once I can get ahold of a charger & have a lesson with the internet or my daughter Emily).
    My two adult daughters (Emily in FL with her husband and Monica formerly in Boston now, back in Vermont - almost back at home - still in self-isolation until the middle of April) have added greatly to my experience and life. I'm now married for the 3rd time and think I've finally gotten it right!
    I'm still attending Chemistry and Statistics online and hoping I'll pass both by May, when the semester ends.
    At least I have some unknown topics to work on during this strange time of C-19.
    The mental picture of 42-lbs of butter that we "lost" last month conjurs another picture of a monster cookie bake off! Hoo-boy. I guess I'd better launch that wild imagination into the thawing pond for a few days!
    Thank you all for helping make this a great place to share and be inspired. I appreciate you all! Stay well and healthy.
    Evelyn
  • jugar
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @evelynladams527 jump into that pond quick! Step away from the cookies - even if they are imaginary! It is great to see you thinking about things like procrastination and actually making a plan to push it off until later. I like the idea of procrastinating later - "I'd procrastinate today but I don't have time" is almost as good as "I used to procrastinate"!

For the Fitrockr thing you do not need a Fitbit - you can use your phone with just the Fitbit app itself (without the watch thingy), or Misfit, or some others. I'm doing it that way because I'm too cheap to get a Fitbit or anything... It may take some trial and error to see which app works best.

I'm hopping onto the bike and watching an episode of something with lots of explosions to see if I can beat 12 miles tonight. Back later!

Hugs to @Terytha before I go! I used to work from home part of the time so that my family would remember who I was, and it was weird not to be there with the people. Remoteness is hard. Do one brilliant thing every day, however small, and they will miss you!
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I ate half a pizza and bag of popcorn for lunch yesterday and dropped a pound overnight. I will never ever understand weight loss. :0

But at my current weight I'm just under 5 lbs away from a BMI in the overweight category. If I can hit 185 by the end of the month, I will have dropped obese class 3 to overweight in just about 13 months.

Even I'm a bit astounded by how far I've come.

And I desperately need new clothes but all the stores are closed! Go figure.

You know, we could all be a help in the "new clothes" department. How about we figure out how to clothes swap? I'm *sure* there are people in your new size who have things of good quality that they no longer wear or haven't gotten into, yet (you know...smaller sizes for "inspiration", or some such). There are ways to mail things wherever they need to go. You are such an inspiration to me! I'm so glad I'm on the same team. Really glad!
    Weight loss after eating too much of something "off list" is really something, isn't it?! Pretty wild.
    Good luck working from home. My workability is shot at the moment, being a massage therapist and "Aquatherapy Aide" (whatever the heck).
    If I can remain a student and don't have to repay any loans until I'm fully employed in the future...well, perhaps that won't be so bad!
    It's time for a long walk. The sun is shining and I've been remiss in exercise for the last few days of crap weather.
    Be well. Stay healthy.
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    @evelynladams527 jump into that pond quick! Step away from the cookies - even if they are imaginary! It is great to see you thinking about things like procrastination and actually making a plan to push it off until later. I like the idea of procrastinating later - "I'd procrastinate today but I don't have time" is almost as good as "I used to procrastinate"!

For the Fitrockr thing you do not need a Fitbit - you can use your phone with just the Fitbit app itself (without the watch thingy), or Misfit, or some others. I'm doing it that way because I'm too cheap to get a Fitbit or anything... It may take some trial and error to see which app works best.

I'm hopping onto the bike and watching an episode of something with lots of explosions to see if I can beat 12 miles tonight. Back later!

Hugs to @Terytha before I go! I used to work from home part of the time so that my family would remember who I was, and it was weird not to be there with the people. Remoteness is hard. Do one brilliant thing every day, however small, and they will miss you!

I'm going to make cards out of the 15-items on the April Showers and pick two each day to add to my making of the bed standard. I also plan to print out some of the things to remind myself like, "I'd procrastinate today but I don't have time".
    Now, if I could just land a stationary bike, that'd be cool. I know...use what I've got. It's tedious to have to gawk at a tiny screen while trying to keep my form and exercise on the floor. "Just do it", I hear you say. Sigh. I know. I'll get on that!
    big hugs across the border. Here's hoping it'll calm down by summertime so Monica can come help y'all.
    xoxo
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hello team! This is my 3rd week working from home with my 4 kids and I feel like I am finally getting into a groove. For eating, I set out carrots and cucumbers so if I'm in the mood to snack, after I have eaten my planned snacks, I have been eating those. On Monday, I started 21 DayFix on Beachbody on Demand. I have done these workouts a million times, but I felt like I needed focus.

@terytha That's awesome news on your weightloss! That takes a lot of dedication to lose that much in a year. Have you tried online shopping? I love to online shop, but have switched to window online shopping since I am home from work for the next few months, I don't really need anything. I will wait until Aug. and hopefully by then I will be down a size.

@jugar I keep thinking we have enough food, but my kids keep proving us wrong. I have to go to Costco about every two weeks, with a stop at grocery store in between for milk, produce, and the few items we can't buy at Costco. I just go by myself, with my Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.

@evelynladams527 Mybbest advice for procrastination is make a list of three things you have to get done. Maybe you'll do more but at least get those 3 done so at the end of the day, you can say you accomplished something. My dad ordered a stationary bike. Not a peletone, he just got the app for that.
  • micki48
    Options
    Hi there Waistaways!!! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately. Trying real hard to get my head back in the game between my 3 pound gain and this quarantine thing. I haven’t been logging everything for the last few days but so far so good today. Haven’t been out for a couple days. Our trees are all hugely actively spewing their pollen right now. There is literally a green cloud of pollen. (lol autocorrect just made that previous sentence say “a green Floyd of pollen” 😂) So, with my allergies and asthma I’m staying inside. Hopefully, it calms down soon and warms up again.

Anyway, I have been doing my Pilates and yesterday as she said release your stress as you exhale, I unexpectedly began to cry pretty hard. Felt good to have that moment of release.

Yesterday’s news of 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in a best case scenario was pretty incomprehensible. Continuing to hold all our healthcare workers and first responders in the Light. We also got news today of one of my husband’s former students and friend of our daughter passed away from cancer last week. So sad. She’s so young (32) and was such a vibrant amazing soul.

@jugar I don’t mind keeping track of steps at all. I think only three or four people want to participate in April. I still owe the week 4 and March wrap up. I can tell you @Steph1498 was the week 4 winner with almost 100,000 steps!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    It is so good to hear your news, @micki48 , even though you have been feeling down and breathing pollen. I'm right with you there on the Pilates from yesterday - those very deep exhaling moments can be really intense, in a good way but not always an easy way. I am finding those sessions every day really important right now, and March was the first month I have completed every workout on the calendar and added more on weekends and on some of the days when there was only a short session. I think of you every time I enjoy these sessions!

So we will certainly keep our "in house" stepping team going at the same time as giving the fitrockr experience a try. I have not heard from Austin today about what we need to do next, but I am sure she will get back to me soon. Time has a way of getting away from us lately, doesn't it?

I had a great hike today with my taller half. He has lived on this land since the early 1970's and knows every inch of our land, and most of the inches of the surrounding lands as well - they are all large, wooded, and no one minds (or even notices) if we walk there. We went to an area I had never seen before, scrambled down a very steep escarpment to one of the streams that flows off of our land, and back up the other side to an area of old hemlocks and maples, with a spectacular view of the lake that is just north of us. In summer we would never have been able to see the lake, but without the leaves, it is a great view. It was just a couple of miles round trip, but with quite large vertical displacements!
  • micki48
    Options
    It is so good to hear your news, @micki48 , even though you have been feeling down and breathing pollen. I'm right with you there on the Pilates from yesterday - those very deep exhaling moments can be really intense, in a good way but not always an easy way. I am finding those sessions every day really important right now, and March was the first month I have completed every workout on the calendar and added more on weekends and on some of the days when there was only a short session. I think of you every time I enjoy these sessions!

So we will certainly keep our "in house" stepping team going at the same time as giving the fitrockr experience a try. I have not heard from Austin today about what we need to do next, but I am sure she will get back to me soon. Time has a way of getting away from us lately, doesn't it?

I had a great hike today with my taller half. He has lived on this land since the early 1970's and knows every inch of our land, and most of the inches of the surrounding lands as well - they are all large, wooded, and no one minds (or even notices) if we walk there. We went to an area I had never seen before, scrambled down a very steep escarpment to one of the streams that flows off of our land, and back up the other side to an area of old hemlocks and maples, with a spectacular view of the lake that is just north of us. In summer we would never have been able to see the lake, but without the leaves, it is a great view. It was just a couple of miles round trip, but with quite large vertical displacements!

@jugar So glad you are enjoying BL. My bestie just joined too. CONGRATULATIONS on completing the WHOLE month!! That is so impressive. I haven't been able to do that yet, but I have done better in March than previous months. It certainly is necessary during these times. The best part is that I know now for sure that I really DO have core muscles. I used to joke that I was born without them and once made a trainer at the gym do a double take when I told him I was born without abdominal muscles. LOL :D

Your hike sounds absolutely beautiful! How cool to have such a great and challenging hike right where you live. Glad you could take your dishwasher with you. ;) Have a great night.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 I am interested in the April steps challenge again as a way to keep motivated. I have moved quite a bit less this week. Not sure why this is. There is less demanding my time and the weather is beautiful here. Just not as motivated to get moving....... My marathon scheduled for May was cancelled so I'm finding it tempting to drop my running schedule. Its obvious the days I run I'm getting more steps. Here are my steps so far this week:
    3/29: 5,059
    3/30: 5,728
    3/31: 13,613
    4/1: 6,329

I also checked out Fitrockr. I'm up for that as well if we move to that platform for steps & challenges. Obviously it makes sense to be able to keep track without manually adding the steps.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I notice that MFP is offering a free 3-month trial for its premium service. Is anyone using it? And is it worth having a go? What extras does it offer?
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    weigh in
    pw 170
    cw 171 grrr....the elusive 60s....but I know why...someone in our household made the fatally irresistable salmon,cream and noodle dish. I allowed myself a reasonable portion but then gave in and went back for more a couple times. And probably, after a successful March, I let my guard down and standards.
    You all are inspiring, and despite the challenges the corona virus adds, with the support here, we should all get through this with our best intentions, efforts and successes.
    @jugar, your hike sounds heavenly
This discussion has been closed.