WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar 183.3
    I guess the dream of cookies made it go up - that and more likely, the major decrease in exercise to pre-pool-work levels. It'll go down some more soon. Lots to adjust to so, I'll be patient (ha!).
    Have a good morning!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    weigh in
    pw 170
    cw 171 grrr....the elusive 60s....but I know why...someone in our household made the fatally irresistable salmon,cream and noodle dish. I allowed myself a reasonable portion but then gave in and went back for more a couple times. And probably, after a successful March, I let my guard down and standards.
    You all are inspiring, and despite the challenges the corona virus adds, with the support here, we should all get through this with our best intentions, efforts and successes.
    @jugar, your hike sounds heavenly

OMG. You mentioned the salmon, cream, and pasta thing. It is the ultimate comfort dish. I will not buy cream. I will not buy cream. I will not buy cream... But you are doing fine! Not a huge hiccough - so now that the salmon pasta is gone (I hope!) head for the 160s however you can. Hugs!
  • jugar
    Options
    Calling a couple of weigh-ins -
    dj44xqbcl4fo.png

@evelynladams527 (do you want to change your weigh-in day?? it seems it rarely arrives on Wednesdays... :wink: )
    @cory17 due today

It is SNOWING here today. hmmmph. I have a grocery order to pick up this afternoon, but otherwise I'm staying in and catching up on clearing out old files, exercising, and trying not to snack all day. Hope you're all doing all right, making it to little happy places and moments from time to time. Drop by here to catch everyone up any time!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I can no longer remember who posted these tips but I am adopting them as of today....I just cut up some carrot and celery sticks to give me something quick to snack on as I try to work from home - and I'll keep them front and center in the fridge! Also, heard someone else who does 10 squats before sitting down in the computer chair - I might have to make myself a sign to stick on the chair to remind be, but such an easy little thing to do.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't checked in for a while. My 5 year old and I got whatever sickness my husband had and we have been down for the count. Work has had a ton going on and getting everything done from home just takes longer! Today is my last day of work and then spring break. I am so ready for a moment to catch my breath. I haven't logged or eaten normal all week and obviously no workouts. Not sure what my weight will be tomorrow but I will just live with it. Hopefully I will perk up in the next few days because nice weather is on its way.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I ate half a pizza and bag of popcorn for lunch yesterday and dropped a pound overnight. I will never ever understand weight loss. :0

But at my current weight I'm just under 5 lbs away from a BMI in the overweight category. If I can hit 185 by the end of the month, I will have dropped obese class 3 to overweight in just about 13 months.

Even I'm a bit astounded by how far I've come.

And I desperately need new clothes but all the stores are closed! Go figure.

I buy online, just make sure you can return for free. Amazon is a great place to shop
  • jugar
    Options
    Great to catch up on your news! Thanks - it is brightening a miserably snowy and wet day. :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge: only discuss good news today.

- I'm down a little bit more weight.
    - my favorite band released a surprise new song with perhaps the most relatable lyrics ever. It's called "I Don't Know What We're Talking About" and features a pterodactyl named Lamar.
    - My favorite comic is being adapted into a show and episode one is out. Although the comic is like 700 chapters long so I'm not sure how far they'll get lol.
  • jugar
    edited April 2020
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Tomorrow is are crazy big weigh-in day. Please get them in on time, OK?

Still waiting :smile:
    @evelynladams527
    @cory17

Friday people:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @conleywoods
    @Shexio
    @evangsimmons170
    @robertefortier536

Looking for a fun workout? One of the other teams has suggested this one - it looks like it would be a hilarious way to burn some calories!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5M6AF_3lcI
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar that's a reasonable thought to change my weigh in day. It used to seem like the better day due to 2 water classes I taught. Perhaps I'll take it under advisement. Now that work schedules are kind of out the window, it doesn't seem to really matter which day would be good for it...they're all fair game!
    I had a good day. My meals were reasonably sized and I didn't feel overly full for any of them. That feels good. I think part of my depression has lifted and I'm able to get going a bit more, too. Our walk this morning was good - saw a few people and waved from a distance, wishing each other a pleasant afternoon. It's interesting - we've seen more neighbors in our little town since the "shelter-in-place" order than in the past year. Of course, I still don't know people's names but faces are a little more familiar.
    Time to work on my Pysanky eggs. I may not have a big audience for them but I'll post them when they're done.
    Have a good night, everyone!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    This is my front yard. Spring has sprung here. Today was a good day. Did Pilates, took a walk, and had a 21 minute dance party with my family and granddaughter that Fitbit picked up as a cardio workout. Yay!
    i26jcom8mxlq.jpeg
    f8vqqww1alb5.jpeg
    8ev1r2ddzwne.jpeg
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    This is my front yard. Spring has sprung here. Today was a good day. Did Pilates, took a walk, and had a 21 minute dance party with my family and granddaughter that Fitbit picked up as a cardio workout. Yay!
    i26jcom8mxlq.jpeg
    f8vqqww1alb5.jpeg
    8ev1r2ddzwne.jpeg

Your front garden is gorgeous!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527 can't wait to see the Pysanky eggs and you've inspired me to find the perfect forsythia or quince branch and pull out my oma's decorated eggs - not Pysanky but similar idea.
    @jugar definitely trying that video at lunchtime today :) looks like fun!
    @Terytha big hug to you from Boston
    @micki48 gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, on our 3rd day of rain here, and clearly you're further south, but so inspiring to see that blue sky and know that spring is making it's way here. any hummingbird sightings yet?
    @conleywoods hope you and all feel better - rotten to have multiple people sick at the same time
    @Gidgitgoescrazy your dedicated exercising is inspiring. It's a game of chicken with the airlines, let them cancel and they SHOULD extend the time you have to use the credit.
    @matthewsfive continue with the good recovery

carrot & celery sticks prepped in the fridge for when I wander down from the work computer to browse, a sign on my chair when I return to do 10 squats, and must google 'chicken thighs,tagine, slow cooker, apricots' and see what recipe I can find. have a great friday everyone.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday! (or as I call it, "Saturday again?"

All this healthy eating and getting exercise to keep from stir craziness is helping! I am really close to what my doc would like to see as "final goal". I put on some really tight Under Armour exercise tights yesterday, and there was no overhang above the elastic waist at all, and they felt pretty danged good! This is the pair I have been saving because they were just a bit too snug. It all feels good - muscles are feeling strong! Just a few years ago I was feeling old. I think I'm going backwards! Post-menopause does NOT mean declining, ladies!

The snow is melting. The frogs will come up one day soon. Spring is here, but I don't see anything like those gorgeous blossoms, @micki48 -- May, maybe!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday (again) 🤪 I like that.

Thanks @YinxFed @jugar @eggfreak for you comments. Honestly, I have very little to do with it. It’s all Mother Nature! It is my favorite two-ish weeks. Our neighborhood looks like fairyland with the azaleas, redbuds, cherries, and dogwoods.

@jugar Congratulations on your great fit into those exercise pants. How thrilling! I know it will inspire perfectly formed roll ups.

@eggfreak You are ready to face this day with your veggies and squats. You go girl.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I hear you with the trip concerns. I’m waiting for the travel agency to cancel my trip so I get a full refund. Maybe your’s will help you out too.

I hope everyone is taking deep breaths today. I know I have to keep reminding myself to breathe deeply. All Friday weighers, good luck with today’s weigh in. 💕🤗🧘🏻‍♀️
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jugar, I’m opting out of April at this time. Thanks for mentioning me. Maybe May
This discussion has been closed.