Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    PW: 218
    CW: 219.8

How is it that when my husband is sick and doesn't eat much he had an 8 lb loss? When I am in the same situation, I gain weight...🤔🙄 oh come on!

I am finally feeling better today and really seriously considering some easy exercise. I have really missed my workout schedule but there was no way. Our state just extended its shutdown until May 6th. School will probably not go back at all this year! So crazy. Working at home is getting a little better but I think there is talk about making students home school sessions mandatory. I really don't feel this is a great move. I worry about how that will work for parents who are working and especially parents working in the medical field.

My super nice neighbor brought us sanitizing wipes and paper towels yesterday! I didn't ask any questions but I am starting to wonder if he held up a Costco truck! LOL

@micki48 Love the yard, so beautiful and spring has definitely arrived at your house. We currently get several seasons in one day. We wake up to snow and then everything melts and warms up. We even found the first butter cups of the season.

@jugar congrats on the snug pants not being so snug. So excited for you!

@evangsimmons170 Great job making it to week 4! Keep going, you got this!

@eggfreak Love all the little changes you are making! They will add up to something awesome!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,261 Member
    Shexio wrote: »
    Jugar, I’m opting out of April at this time. Thanks for mentioning me. Maybe May

I hope you'll re-join us in May! Take good care of yourself :heart:
  • jugar
    Friday is slowly finishing here - it was a weirdly windy but warmer day here - I have prepared a garden bed for my hardiest friends, and will plant them tomorrow! This is strictly the cold weather plants - kale, arugula, maybe letuce, chard - and sometimes they make it this early, sometimes they don't. And my indoor plants are starting tomorrow too! Peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, etc. YAY!

I have just finished a great chat conversation with @AustinRuadhain from Team Mission Slimpossible. We are finally set up to start our 2-team league in Fitrockr! She will post soon with clear instructions about what to do next. I am just trying to learn the ropes, but she is the expert. I think we'll have a great time - and it will give points according to all kinds of activities, adjusted for age, weight, etc. Let's give it a good shakedown and see if we like it. So far, the people who have expressed interest are:
    @Terytha @conleywoods @YinxFed @eggfreak @micki48 @steph1498 @evelynladams527 and me. Anyone else is welcome at any time!

Oh. There are still a lot of Friday weigh-ins missing. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • jugar
    It's Saturday! (again) :smiley:

It is seriously quiet in here! Is everyone ok? Check in if you can!

Boring business first - weigh ins due by the end of today: (if I missed any, don't worry - I'll go back and find them!)
    @cory17
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @robertefortier536
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive

If anyone notices members who have not been on for a while and they are on your friend list - please send a message and ask if they are OK. I'll be doing that today as well. Thanks!
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 209
    CW 211

Start the day out eating well and then BAM I eat all the food I see! Starting out well this morning. Now to concentrate and keep it up.
  • jugar
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 209
    CW 211

Start the day out eating well and then BAM I eat all the food I see! Starting out well this morning. Now to concentrate and keep it up.
    It is so hard! Try doing your whole food diary for the day in the morning. I do mine after breakfast, since breakfast is the same thing every day and it is easy to keep on track with that one. Then try really really hard to stick to what you logged in advance. Keep that device in your hand so that you have to look at what you already logged before having to add to it!

On the subject of logging, I find the mobile app is great for logging since it lets you search just from among "your" foods - things you have already found and logged. The website makes you search through the whole database again. Try to find really honest versions of what you are eating! It is easy to find a 50 calorie muffin to log when the one in your mouth is really 300 or so... I used to actually try to find those :grimace: but I finally decided that I was the victim of that ruse, not the beneficiary. Exercise, same. Some of the estimates of how many calories you are burning are generous, shall we say.

Enough mom mode. Keep on keeping on, everyone! Good, bad - learn from them both. Hugs!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    matthewsfive
    Saturday
    April Week 1
    PW: 163.8
    CW: 162.2
  • matthewsfive
    Does anyone else have trouble with editing a post after they hit reply? I thought we used to be able to make corrections or edit our posts after we posted.I remember the setting wheel in the upper right hand corner of the posting, its just not there anymore.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Does anyone else have trouble with editing a post after they hit reply? I thought we used to be able to make corrections or edit our posts after we posted.I remember the setting wheel in the upper right hand corner of the posting, its just not there anymore.

It's still there for me. Have you updated your app at all lately?
  • matthewsfive
    Terytha wrote: »

It's still there for me. Have you updated your app at all lately?

@Terytha
    no I haven't I will give it a try thanks
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member

@matthewsfive I have seen that too after I hit post. Usually if I hit the reload button the little gear ⚙️ appears. But, you still only have 59 minutes to make any changes. Not sure why the do that.

Congratulations on your loss and thanks so much for the encouragement. 💕🤗
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,311 Member
    I tore two rooms in my house apart yesterday trying to make room for a bed since my granddaughter is getting too long for the pack and play. We just have too many books and paper. I filled 8 banker boxes with my teaching files. (Curriculum I’ve developed over my career) I wish I knew for sure I was never going to teach again so I could just throw it out. Then I have over 1,000 children’s books in my library and my husband, being an educator as well, has probably 4-5x as many as me. Ahhhhh. I want to get out in my garden, but I REALLY need this cleaned up.

How’s everyone doing? I’m on my 21st day of home cooked meals. Salmon tonight. We placed a grocery delivery last night with my daughter. It comes next Wednesday, but at least we don’t have to go out.

Hugs to everyone but especially the healthcare workers, first responders, teachers and moms at home with kids. 💕
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    It's Saturday! (again) :smiley:

It is seriously quiet in here! Is everyone ok? Check in if you can!

Boring business first - weigh ins due by the end of today:

@lovethyneighbor

Would I be able to carry over the same weight from last week? I threw my back out when I got out of bed this morning and have been on a tens meter and ice pack. 😬
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    We just have too many books and paper. '''' Ahhhhh. I want to get out in my garden, but I REALLY need this cleaned up.
    Way to go with your weigh in. And way to go with your purging STUFF....that is perennially on my to-do list....and I often end up in the garden to procrastinate.
  • jugar

In the web version, you have to refresh the page. Then the little gear symbol shows up in the upper right corner of the post, and you have 1 hour from the time you posted to be able to edit. But you have to refresh the page first for some reason. Not sure on the app - I never, ever use it for the discussion threads - so much easier on the computer!
  • jugar
    Would I be able to carry over the same weight from last week? I threw my back out when I got out of bed this morning and have been on a tens meter and ice pack. 😬

NO problem. And I hope you feel better soon!!! Not fun when this happens - hugs to you :heart:
  • jugar
    Well done Saturday people!

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

Now we just need a few Friday people:
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @robertefortier536
This discussion has been closed.