Options
    FOOD PREP SUNDAY!!!!!
    f6jkdou5ykh5.jpeg
    w1fd7w6ztrsm.jpeg
    ogmv3xscmxvp.jpeg
    k1yrip6z2r1w.jpeg
    o64ds3i9gh2m.jpeg
    l3e6jksa1dum.jpeg

Frittatas for breakfast, roasted veggies, bacon wrapped cabbage, a full fattening quiche for hubby... and the splurge - homemade bread and a 6pack of mocha chocolate chip cookies.

Delicious small batch recipe only makes 12 - helps keep me from getting in trouble 🥰
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    A new member will be with you soon! @samuel860 is about to shrink his assets with you - enjoy! More to come in the next few days...
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Yeah team! @Beka3695, congrats on the big loss and beautiful food prep! It's sure been a doozy of a month. It's been hard keeping hubby "on a leash", so to speak. Today he put us at risk (again), and I had to stop him from going over to a colleague's house to swim. He's chomping at the bit to get this quarantine over with, but aren't we all. Ugh, but I'm grateful for our health (so far). Today's photo is a twofer with bougainvillea and lantana sharing a wall. I'm so glad I've been taking flower pics, as it gives me something to look for when I walk. Here's to a great week crushing your goals and ending the month strong!
    1i9lct4cqcvn.jpg
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    ge24l4xrd4js.gif

I just want to say that I am so proud of this team!!!
    In a time when most are gaining - WE LOST!!!!

The past few weeks have been really trying for everyone. I am so proud of the attitudes found within this group. We have kept it together and made forward progress 6 of the last 8 weeks.

Okay - we might have slipped a little for 2 weeks, but this is progress! We have lost the equivalent of two toddlers during the pandemic crisis. Ask any amusement park security guard, losing TWO TODDLERS is a really big deal!!!

Be proud of yourself!!

Take a moment today and analyze the week to come. How can you make this coming week week better than last.

Well done team!

The last month or two (COVID crisis) has probably been the hardest time ever to stay focused on our health goals, at the same time as being exactly when we most need to prioritise this (to keep our immune systems as healthy as possible!).

One thing I reflected on this morning (as my wellness planner page had me setting my goals for May, which triggered me to review what my goals were in April and March... changing perspective as COVID emerged in our world) is how sometimes it is more helpful to be "process" orientated rather than "outcome" orientated...

I had some solid goals set for March building on previous efforts... started the month out strong, then wobbled, didn't hit them; when it came to setting my April goals I was sandbagging - just trying to not slip backwards... and a month on, for my May goals, what I need is pretty much the same as what I set a month ago: reinforcing better habits, trying to give up the bad habits that have crept in (too much facebook!). Rather than aiming to achieve a particular outcome (like being able to do a pushup, or be a particular weight, etc), I need to take it one day at a time and be orientated around the process - do the workout, but not worry if I can't hit a particular target or substitute an alternative; make sure I eat healthily, but not worry so much about if my weight is up or down as a result, etc.

I don't know if I'm explaining it properly, but it's just a less stressful way of working towards things, when there are so many unknowns in our world at the moment that are obviously affecting us & our stress levels. It can be easier to be successful in following the 'process' than it is to guaranteeing a specific outcome from the process (and so easy to feel demoralised if we don't hit our outcome orientated "goals").
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul

Week 4, Monday
    PW: 143.5 lbs
    CW: 145.1 lbs
    (Trying to maintain around 65kg /143.5 lbs, +- 1.5kg / 3.3 lbs)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Let's give a big welcome to our new members:

@samuel860
    @WishfulThinning18

May thread will be up soon, but feel free to join in the convo now :)

• iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 165.4
    CW 163.8

Pretty good week a few slip ups this week try to not munch mindless eating today I’m grateful for you all!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 165.4
    CW 163.8

Pretty good week a few slip ups this week try to not munch mindless eating today I’m grateful for you all!

That is two great weeks in a row!!! WTG!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options

kt2dthob5lqr.jpg

Hey Shrinking Assets!
    As we start this new week, the last week of April (already!?), @TeresaW1020 and & @AustinRuadhain from MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES have a new challenge/invitation for you. It's called Roses, Thorns & Seeds. Please take a few minutes to reflect on your health and fitness journey in April. The world has thrown us a few curveballs, but we are still here, and still working to get healthier together.
    • Reflect on your Roses: What has worked WELL for you/made you happy in April, in terms of your working on Health & Fitness? If you're comfortable with doing so, share as many or as few items as you like here.
    • Reflect on your Thorns: What has NOT worked well? Again, share as many items as you'd like.
    • Reflect on your Seeds: What are the places you want to work on improving? Things you can see to work on next week and next month? Again, share any items you are comfortable with sharing here.
    Thanks so much for considering this invitation, and for sharing your health and fitness journey with us! This is such a wonderful team!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot to weigh in I was sick all weekend im sorry! Will weigh in this week as normal
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA the last few days. We took in a rehab baby Friday. She passed yesterday 😭😭
    5qexc8rr3c9f.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I completely forgot to weigh in I was sick all weekend im sorry! Will weigh in this week as normal

Perfect!!!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    Guess what? @hipari is coming back for May! She is feeling better, and misses you...

You may also have one other person coming - I'm waiting for confirmation. Happy Monday, everyone!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Guess what? @hipari is coming back for May! She is feeling better, and misses you...

You may also have one other person coming - I'm waiting for confirmation. Happy Monday, everyone!

Thanks @jugar ! It's been a rough 4 months, with everything already hitting the fan in my life health-wise, and then this whole corona and social isolating situation. I feel like now I'm adjusted to the stay-at-home life enough to rejoin this lovely community. Also in the health department, I'm happy to share that I got tested for the virus last week, and the test came back negative. I also participated in a (Finnish) national antibody research project so I gave some blood they are testing for antibodies and immunity against the virus, still waiting on those results.

I'm still planning on taking it slower to start, so here are my goals for this week:
    - get back to food logging routine
    - get back to morning weigh-in routine
    - average 5500 steps per day (yup, this is a goal, just think how low the count has been)

I'll be in tomorrow with a starting weigh-in, even though it's Tuesday and not Sunday, which is my official weigh-in day. If I could turn back time...
  • Beka3695
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »

Thanks @jugar ! It's been a rough 4 months, with everything already hitting the fan in my life health-wise, and then this whole corona and social isolating situation. I feel like now I'm adjusted to the stay-at-home life enough to rejoin this lovely community. Also in the health department, I'm happy to share that I got tested for the virus last week, and the test came back negative. I also participated in a (Finnish) national antibody research project so I gave some blood they are testing for antibodies and immunity against the virus, still waiting on those results.

I'm still planning on taking it slower to start, so here are my goals for this week:
    - get back to food logging routine
    - get back to morning weigh-in routine
    - average 5500 steps per day (yup, this is a goal, just think how low the count has been)

I'll be in tomorrow with a starting weigh-in, even though it's Tuesday and not Sunday, which is my official weigh-in day. If I could turn back time...

WOOOO HOOOO! Glad to have you back!!! My nerd report has been dusted off and in full participation for the last 2 months. Progress, not perfection! As a desk jockey, my step goal is 6k M-F, so I understand the goal.

Welcome back!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Another new member to welcome!!!

@Loriab901

Welcome to our crew!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali
    Mondays
    PW: 141.0
    CW: 140.5

Welcome back @hipari, you're a rockstar! Taking baby steps is wise, and you'll feel empowered as you have forward momentum.

April "Roses"- I was able to work out more consistently, with both cardio and weight training DVD's. I'm stretching more, which is always a good thing. I've been able to take some 1 hour walks again. I've kept my calories to 1200 or less, which helped me lose a little. I'm fitting into my pants better, as I'm tighter than in March. Journaling and Zoom Bible studies/meetings with friends have kept me grounded. My walks/flower hunts have kept me encouraged.

April "Thorns"- I tried to bump up my weights, but hurt myself. I tried a new DVD, which was too much for me, and again hurt myself. I couldn't walk for days. Seeing a trend, people? I also brought a world of hurt on myself by harvesting/processing loquats (3 times), lemons, and rapini. Each time I stand too long and don't take rest breaks. I can't work out on those days. I ate pastries and cake, then had to be too hungry to stay under cals. No fun. My hubby eats twice a day, and I eat 3 times. Now that he's home, I've had trouble modifying to eat with him. It has been an epic fail too often. I have to eat for me.

April "Seeds"- I'm excited to work in the next level on my DVD workouts (I'm on level 2 of 5), get more hour walks in (hopefully back in the park!), and increase my weights some. I want to get through May without sciatica and back spasms. I will continue to eat oatmeal for most breakfasts and listen to my body's needs for lunch. Eating a light dinner will be a goal. Continuing to journal will help me work through my emotions and goal setting. Goals are just that- targets, intentions, meant to be guides. I won't beat myself up if I don't reach them immediately. Laughing and praying online with friends will spark hope and joy during self-isolation.

Today's flower photo is a purple allium- it's flowers are past peak, but still interesting. Some people plant these in masses, and they're kinda smelly like onions. They come in white also, and look stunning interspersed with the purples. Too bad I couldn't get shot of that!
    8x0ax1ffnmo5.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/19
    4/20
    4/21
    4/22
    4/23
    4/24
    4/25