Hipari
    Starting weight for May: 98.9kg / 218 lbs
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    Guess what? @hipari is coming back for May! She is feeling better, and misses you...

You may also have one other person coming - I'm waiting for confirmation. Happy Monday, everyone!

Thanks @jugar ! It's been a rough 4 months, with everything already hitting the fan in my life health-wise, and then this whole corona and social isolating situation. I feel like now I'm adjusted to the stay-at-home life enough to rejoin this lovely community. Also in the health department, I'm happy to share that I got tested for the virus last week, and the test came back negative. I also participated in a (Finnish) national antibody research project so I gave some blood they are testing for antibodies and immunity against the virus, still waiting on those results.

I'm still planning on taking it slower to start, so here are my goals for this week:
    - get back to food logging routine
    - get back to morning weigh-in routine
    - average 5500 steps per day (yup, this is a goal, just think how low the count has been)

I'll be in tomorrow with a starting weigh-in, even though it's Tuesday and not Sunday, which is my official weigh-in day. If I could turn back time...

WOOOO HOOOO! Glad to have you back!!! My nerd report has been dusted off and in full participation for the last 2 months. Progress, not perfection! As a desk jockey, my step goal is 6k M-F, so I understand the goal.

Welcome back!!!

Thanks, Beka! I also remade the nerd report, but in a slightly different format, it's more about goal-setting per week than actual reporting since Fitbit, MFP and HappyScale already produce all kinds of reports for me. I really hope the group accountability here helps me stay on track through isolation and the rest of the year, and there's no more health surprises this year.

I'm super pumped, I get to actually see a friend today! One of my childhood friends lives in two cities, and this weekend she returned to where I live to continue isolating here for a while. Her place here is close enough to mine that we can meet halfway and go for a walk together, so I'm super excited. The only people I've seen in person in the last 5 weeks are my husband, grocery store clerks, medical staff and my mom who dropped off some stuff and we met at the parking lot. Video chats are a thing, but I'm still going out of my mind. My gym reopened last week but I'm still not sure if I feel safe to actually go there. Might try some non-peak hours later this week, luckily my work is pretty flexible and I can take a gym break in the middle of the day.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    Another new member coming your way! I figured @peachplace would do well in a team where one of the co-captains is in Georgia! Enjoy :heart:
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That’s an awesome NSV! My rings have been occasionally slipping around too so I bought these little plastic adapters that wrap around your ring. I haven’t been able to convince myself to put them on yet for some reason. I guess because my fingers still fluctuate and I’ve been eating too much sodium lately. Maybe I should make that one of my goals for May?
    Is it Friday yet???? Days seem to never end lately! Ugh!!

NSV?? Maybe???

A few months ago I posted about my wedding ring. I had it resized when I lost 70 lbs in 2017. I began gaining back in mid 2018. Slow at first then I blinked and was only 10 lbs short of my highest weight again. I feel like I FINALLY have my head screwed back on properly and starting the way down again.

Back to the wedding ring thing. I didn't have my ring sized bigger. It is still sized at 175-185 lbs. When I gained the weight back, I began to wear a plain silver band. One I had picked up at Walmart for $27 to wear on my honeymoon bc I was afraid to lose my 'good one' in the ocean. I've worn this plain band for over a year. When I made this original post in August, I think, I had lost enough to wear a right hand ring that kind of looks like an engagement ring. A little nicer than the plain band. I was so excited for it to fit. I have been wearing this ring for a few weeks. The ring was still too tight for my right hand as it was purchased at about 175-185...

While working today, I kept noticing the ring rotate on my finger as I would type. The setting would drift downhill. Now that I am noticing it I keep fiddling with it. I decided to try it on my right hand. It fits, but snuggly.

My point to this is... MY REAL WEDDING RING is just around the corner. I have not worn this ring in a long time -- last confirmed time wearing was 12/2018.

Once this occurs, I will post a transformation Tuesday - Wedding ring edition :D

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    That’s an awesome NSV! My rings have been occasionally slipping around too so I bought these little plastic adapters that wrap around your ring. I haven’t been able to convince myself to put them on yet for some reason. I guess because my fingers still fluctuate and I’ve been eating too much sodium lately. Maybe I should make that one of my goals for May?

NSV?? Maybe???

A few months ago I posted about my wedding ring. I had it resized when I lost 70 lbs in 2017. I began gaining back in mid 2018. Slow at first then I blinked and was only 10 lbs short of my highest weight again. I feel like I FINALLY have my head screwed back on properly and starting the way down again.

Back to the wedding ring thing. I didn't have my ring sized bigger. It is still sized at 175-185 lbs. When I gained the weight back, I began to wear a plain silver band. One I had picked up at Walmart for $27 to wear on my honeymoon bc I was afraid to lose my 'good one' in the ocean. I've worn this plain band for over a year. When I made this original post in August, I think, I had lost enough to wear a right hand ring that kind of looks like an engagement ring. A little nicer than the plain band. I was so excited for it to fit. I have been wearing this ring for a few weeks. The ring was still too tight for my right hand as it was purchased at about 175-185...

While working today, I kept noticing the ring rotate on my finger as I would type. The setting would drift downhill. Now that I am noticing it I keep fiddling with it. I decided to try it on my right hand. It fits, but snuggly.

My point to this is... MY REAL WEDDING RING is just around the corner. I have not worn this ring in a long time -- last confirmed time wearing was 12/2018.

Once this occurs, I will post a transformation Tuesday - Wedding ring edition :D

My anniversary is 5/23 - my goal is to wear my wedding ring by then 😊❤️😊
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    What a great photo that will be! I'm still 15 up from my wedding weight, but it was almost 30 years ago that I said "I do". I'd like to get back there this year! My ring fits, but it was getting quite uncomfortable when I was 15 pounds more. I don't think I could get my ring off at that point! Today's photo is of a happy cluster of small pink roses peeking over a fence. I can only imagine what they looked like on the other side!
    8ciceq78soav.jpg
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »

NSV?? Maybe???

My anniversary is 5/23 - my goal is to wear my wedding ring by then 😊❤️😊

This is an awesome goal, hope it works!

My ring-related goal is to lose enough weight to make my summer fingers the size of my old winter fingers. This might need some explaining... I live in Finland with four very distinct seasons, and my fingers tend to bloat in the summer heat and/or shrink in the winter cold. I don't really know which one it is, but my weight has been staying in the same 5-lb ballpark throughout the winter (not counting the food poisoning) and my rings are again getting tighter again towards the summer, without gaining. It's a good thing both my engagement ring and wedding ring were bought in the summer so I can squeeze them on and off all year, but in the summer they leave a pressure mark on the finger and I'd like to have the winter shrinkage be the new all-year normal for my fingers.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    Your newest new member will be along shortly! @floecity has just signed up and is ready for a warm welcome from all you wonderful people. :heart:
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Happy Hump Day for those who are unsure of the day of the week! @LaurieWrobo, great loss! Keep up the great work! Today's floral selection is a white rose rather common around here- the Iceberg Rose. My hubby has yet to plant some in our yard, but we will once we get some new planting space. Enjoy and stay strong and healthy!
    1z0idlvgdcc1.jpg
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am down on the scale today! Hoping the number stays the same for tomorrow! I have been trying to focus on goals outside of weight, like meeting my food and exercise goals and inches. My weight is just so all over the place.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Hi Guys!

May thread is open. Feel free to go introduce yourselves.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST WEIGH INS ON APRIL'S THREAD

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10794370/shrinking-assets-team-chat-may-2020#latest
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    It's been a crazy April, but I'm hopeful, just like today's flower, that good fruit will eventually come from my good choices. The pomegranate flower attracts hummingbirds, which I'm sure are a good source of antioxidants for them ha ha! They and the bees are fed, and they pollinate the flowers so we can have fruit later. It's a win-win! We had only a few on our young trees last year, but there are some trees in the neighborhood that are loaded!

That is my wish for all of you, that you continue to bear fruit in your health journeys, so you can be a blessing to those around you. I'm bowing out of the group, but I can't without sincere thanks to all of you! I'm not quitting MFP, but other groups I'm involved with are taking my time and energy. Your posts are motivating, inspiring, and have made me laugh! Here's to gray roots but warm hearts! Love and success to each of my a$$ets! <3<3<3
    2bl9b10j3bgg.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @shielacali I am very sad to see you go.

Best wishes on your future endeavors!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695
    Saturday -- just a couple days early
    PW 215.0
    CW 214.2
This discussion has been closed.