What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Haven't read any Georgette Heyer for years but I have just downloaded Arabella @99p. Have to finish Viveka Sten first though, Scandinavian thriller!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wednesday the 27:
    I am grateful for my health, my husband and that I have had no loss of income. I am grateful for the physical ability to be able to do the new aspects of my job for more than a few hours at a time.

The spoiler is a list of the ongoing crap we are dealing with at the house, so read at your own risk... :smile:
    At home we are going through a rough patch. Our floors were ordered three weeks ago and still no word. We have contacted the contractor (who won't return calls) and the insurance company who issued the checks that we signed over to the contractor and are still waiting. Also, when the moved my year old bed to get the flooring out from under it? They didn't lift. They dragged, thus effectively breaking off two of the legs on the frame, as well as taking out the floor register. Found this out two weeks ago when I started to paint and had to move the bed. Lift, then clack, clack when the legs fell out. :angry:

We drained our inground fiberglass pool to pressure wash and see if we could spruce the interior up, as we had some metal stains. Got 3/4 done, then the rain came for several days. Re-pumped out the pool Sunday and found a fairly good sized crack in the bottom toward the deep end. Pool repair people in the area are months out because of new installations, so there is a gentleman coming from a fiberglass repair company Saturday to see if he can repair it.

My convertible is still in the shop, so we have one vehicle (his truck) between us. They've had it over a month and I'm less than impressed with that kind of turnaround time.

Now we have a tropical system headed toward us and I really don't think my raggedy privacy fence can take any more wind. It needs to be replaced, but again, contractors are really hard to nail down. They come to give you an estimate, they leave and you never hear from them again. We've been trying since April to get this fence replaced.

If any of you have seen Shrek? Then, "I'm a donkey on the edge" will make sense. Every time I get a grip on just one more thing, something ELSE pops up.

I am regularly meditating, and in touch with my therapist, and I have made an effort to mind my thought processes, as I'm of the belief that we can absolutely manifest what we dwell on.

My luck has never been what you'd call the best, but damn! Since that water heater blew in January? It's gone downhill from there. I haven't had "normal" in my house since January 24.

So sorry! And, yes I do believe in self-fulfilling prophesy but I cannot imagine you thought all of this would happen. Big hug to you!!!!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    15 LOW CARB comfort food recipes (in case you might need one ... )

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/comfort-food-recipes-with-up-to-25-grams-of-carbs/

• Chinkiri
    Options
    28th May
    Grateful to have woken up healthy to another glorious day!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thankful we are nearing the end of the second week of go live. It has not been pleasant. I have so much work to catch up with I will have to work another weekend, but at least that light is getting brighter. My team has been great and all have pulled together to get tasks done. Management has also been supportive (within my division). The rest......will not admit mistakes, but have been finally making us a priority. Again, all of this could have been avoided if minds were open for the past three years......but again, spilled milk. I can say it's great our division pulls together when needed and gets the job done.
    I hope everyone has a great day/evening/afternoon. I cannot believe May is almost over - where the heck has the time gone?
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    15 LOW CARB comfort food recipes (in case you might need one ... )

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/comfort-food-recipes-with-up-to-25-grams-of-carbs/

Coach, I just made the banana bread... so good!!! Thank you for sharing, baking is fun!0j0rhplir9rx.jpg
  • BMcC9
    edited May 2020
    Options
    so long as you PLAN AROUND including it .... low carb is low sugary, but not 100% FREE either. I hope BOTH your DH and you each had one one of the missing ones (not you having both)

And they DO INDEED look yummy-good!
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    so long as you PLAN AROUND including it .... low carb is low sugary, but not 100% FREE either. I hope BOTH your DH and you each had one one of the missing ones (not you having both)

And they DO INDEED look yummy-good!

lol not missing any.. Actually, recipe says it makes 6 servings but it made 7 for me... I did have to exercise a bit more to fit it in because recipe quotes a lower calorie total than mfp calculations.
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    30th May
    Grateful that I have made it until the end of the month! It was a hard slog at times!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @Chinkiri. You have so much going on right now that is out of your control. Being in limbo is disorienting and disconcerting. We are creatures of habit who crave routine. It seems you are also grieving the loss of core aspects of your partner’s being. Grieving is horrible under normal circumstances. I can’t even imagine how overwhelming and lonely it must feel in these times. You are strong though. This is not forever. You can do this. Although I do not know you in real life, your posts reveal that you are honest, caring and sincere. Because of that, I have faith in you. Don’t lose sight of you and your needs though because that is what keeps us sane. Self care. So when care takers arrive to give you a bit of a break, get on your bike and start peddling. Ride down to the beach and inhale. Walk around the botanical garden you mentioned a few posts ago. Be free in those moments and please take care of yourself as you take care of others.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I wish I were writing about something exciting...but here's the thought right now. Man...this intermittent fasting thing is really intriguing me. A friend has been doing it for 2 yrs. I have alot to study, but I was wondering if any of you are doing that with success?

My scale is yo-yoing... water I suppose. Not going to allow myself to sweat it...but man...so frustrated all the same.

Going to aim for 3 miles walking today for a walk-a-thon fundraiser benefiting our food pantry at church.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Is there a new link to post for the month of June? Thank you.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello,

Click here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137325-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2020

Join

Continue with the same kind of setup as May
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello,

Click here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137325-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2020

Join

Continue with the same kind of setup as May

Thank you! 🤗👍
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation and not keeping up so well this month, but I have stayed under my calorie goal so far and am getting exercise when I can. No winner's circle in June for me, but I am doing my best. And the fishing has been great!zg2ecjot3qrc.jpg
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob wow, you've caught enough fish to feed an army! That water behind you looks beautiful. Enjoy your vacation to the fullest!