Move More May 2020

Options

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    5/18
    Sloth day, no real exercise, only 2100 steps...
    Food was good, lots of protein, low carbs (< 40 net).
    Didn't get up from my chair a lot - missed 4 of 8 hours.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5/18 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb- X Damn yogurt and ice cream.
    3. Limit drinks to weekends- X and had a glass of wine at the end of the day.
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less!! ✔
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/18:
    Back to closing all my rings on the nag watch with almost 16k steps. Carbs were higher due to having a small salad at dinner. I snacked on nuts afterwards even though I was totally satisfied. That remains a challenge for me.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I haven't been sitting in front of a computer all day since I've been furloughed so neglected to check in regularly.

1. >15,000 steps per day. Not at goal most of the last several days
    2. Close the Fitbit rings. I have been able to close the ring most of the time.
    3. Continue low carb and low calorie goal. This doesn't seem like an issue even though my days have been full of working around the house and yard all day.
    4. Run 3X week and body weight exercises 5X week. I've been able to run very regularly and am counting yardwork as body weight exercises. I've been aggressively weeding out large amounts of flower beds and pulling out dandelions by the roots after spraying with weedkiller.
    5. Be mindful of stressing less. If I'm busy I can stay less stressed.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/19:
    Movement - moved every hour of the day during work (9/9 hours), got 5600 steps (yardwork)
    Food - under calories, under carbs (<40 net)
    Exercise - 150 push-ups (6x25) plus mowed/edged the yard last night.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    5/19:
    1 hr of Strength! Almost got out of sedentary steps this time. About 4800ish.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/19 Check in:

2. Eat low carb- XX Made White Chili in slow cooker. It was oh, so good. worth it!
    3. Limit drinks to weekends-✔
    5. Stress Less!! XX I'm so unhappy with my job. I am stressing non stop and become mean as soon as I wake up. I hate who I become:(
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, still doing the things, but I need to get better at keeping up here!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/21:
    Move more -> moved 8 of 9 hours for work time
    Exercise -> 150 squats (6 x 25)
    Food -> high protein (150+ grams), low carbs (<40 g net) total calories were good.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/20:
    Still raining like crazy so Leslie's 5 Boosted Miles. Just under 12k steps for the day.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/20 Check in:

2. Eat low carb- XX Made White Chili in slow cooker. Still eating it.
    5. Stress Less!! X Swamped with work. I hate it.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/21:
    Exercise -> 150 push-ups (6x25)
    Movement -> got up and moved all 9 hours of the work day (2100 steps for the day)
    Food -> below calories and <40 net carbs for the day
  • baconslave
    edited May 2020
    Options
    5/21:
    Was recommended to look up Sydney Cummings on YT. Did 30min each of upper and lower body. Spent what felt like 3 hours of cleaning up the camper (my kids are straight up FILTH NUGGETS :rage: ) and ended up with just over 6k steps.

I'll be camping this weekend. So between the weather and guests my teens are having over I have no idea how active I'll be. Camping is my vacay so a lot of the time I just enjoy the sounds of kids playing and nature, have squirrels stare at me, and work very hard getting the chair marks on my derriere while reading. This can be randomly interspersed with a short hike or bike ride. There aren't many long trails at this park.

Have a good weekend.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/19-5/23:
    I took a few days off work to stretch the long weekend and haven’t tracked like I normally do. I was correct in thinking I’m not as active now that I’m incorporating strength training as my main form of exercise, plus we’ve had several straight days of rain that kept me from walking the dogs as normal. Regardless I closed my watch rings 3 of the last 5 days only missing the movement ring on the days I didn’t make it. I’ve also taken advantage of sitting in the sunshine when we did have nice days so that cut some of my activity time as well.

With regards to eating, I’ve had ups and downs. I still have some cravings so have had a few more higher than normal carb days and have had some drinks. Otherwise I’m doing alright with room for improvement. That will be my focus this week- watching what gets emptied into the mouth!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/23 - 5/25
    Had a good weekend - stayed active all weekend, no deliberate exercise but lots of walking and activity in the gardens.
    Food was in check most of the weekend (darn brownie yesterday), even with the brownie I managed to stay under 100 carbs for the day and under 50 both Saturday and Sunday.. Calories were in check for the weekend as well.
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/23-5/25:
    Got no better than getting out of sedentary each day really. Friday was over 7k steps. But only about 6k steps the rest of the days. The family of my teens' friends invited themselves to visit us camping basically the whole weekend. So I spent what time I could enjoying the fresh air and reading but the rest of the time I had to entertain the parents or wait on them to show up and miss hikes and such. Planning on a good stomp of some variety today. Depends on the weather as to whether (ha ha---ah English!) it's indoor or outdoor.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/24-5/25:
    Finished off the lazy weekend not closing my rings either day but at least getting 10 and 13k steps. Eating wasn’t great but I fasted all weekend at least 16 hours each day with one large meal and snacks to supplement late in the day. I don’t feel that I overate but could have made some better choices. Thank goodness I’m back to my routine today!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/26:
    Exercise - 60 push-ups, 60 squats, 2800 steps
    Food - under calories, 33 net carbs
    Moving - got up and moved every work hour 9/9 hours.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    5/26 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) I did 9!!! ✔
    2. Eat low carb- ✔ Beef kabob leftovers and veggies!
    5. Stress Less... working on that
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/26:
    Walking for over an hour. 12k steps for the day.