Move More May 2020

Options
12346»

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    5/26:
    Back to crushing my watch rings with 20k steps for the day. Eating was good except for the ice cream I finished the day with.🤷‍♀️
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5/27 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb- ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends-✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less...✔

Gorgeous day yesterday. Went for a run after work and blew my stress away! It was nice to just sweat it out. Today is raining so I won't be able to go out but I'm going to work out and blast it away!!!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    5/27
    Exercise - 60 lunges, calf raises and yard walk. 2500 steps for the day (am I a sloth?!?!?)
    Movement - got up from the desk at least 1 time every work hour
    Food - calories on point with 147g protein and 37 net carbs
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/28:
    I closed all my rings and clocked 16k steps so I’m back on track with movement. Eating was good for the day until after dinner so I snacked in less than stellar choices and went over calories. The devil ice cream is out of the house so now to tamp down those cravings!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    5/27:
    1 hour strength. Sydney Cummings vid.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/28:
    Movement - only worked 1/2 day but moved every hour
    Food - 111g protein, 19g carbs and calories on point
    Exercise - did pushups in the morning and yard work (mowed/edged), almost 5000 steps for the day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/28:
    Closed all rings, 19k steps and ate fairly well. Avoided drinks while grilling out but did have a little dessert but calories remained within a range I can live with. Hope everyone is closing out the month strong!
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/28:
    Stomped for over an hour outside. 12k steps for the day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    5/29-5/30:
    I closed all my rings over the last two days and clocked 14k and almost 18k steps today. Yesterday was pizza night so not great calorie or macro wise but today was back to carnivore. It’s been a good movement month for me. Looking forward to June!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    5/29-5/31:
    Stayed active all weekend, food mostly on point (except for the slice of pizza Friday).
    Moved every hour on Friday during work.
    Total steps for the last 3 days -> 12,000

All-in-all an acceptable month of moving more. Let's keep it going for June!
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'll get a June challenge up in a bit. I had a hella busy weekend. Family is crazy!!! :dizzy:
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in for all of May

Well, I didn't do so good. I give myself a 50% success. I haven't lost much weight. I'm not sure how June is going to go since I'm still furloughed from work and I have no true schedule every day.

I'm trying to figure out what June is going to look like. I have a vacation scheduled for the 2nd half of month but unsure if we should go b/c of COVID and now protests with riots.

We had planned to go to Hannibal then St. Louis then Memphis to New Orleans. Does anyone have an opinion about traveling to these places as a tourist? I appreciate any feedback. Thx.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    May was “okay” for me... I definitely hit my step goal, actually making it to 457,000 steps. Now I have a bicycle, so that will replace some of the long walks. I had one too many days not eating to plan, so I missed that portion of my goal, and I had several days toward the end of the month when I was way off plan. The anxiety from heaviness in the world is catching up to me and I am responding with food. :(
  • baconslave
    Options
    amckholmes wrote: »
    May was “okay” for me... I definitely hit my step goal, actually making it to 457,000 steps. Now I have a bicycle, so that will replace some of the long walks. I had one too many days not eating to plan, so I missed that portion of my goal, and I had several days toward the end of the month when I was way off plan. The anxiety from heaviness in the world is catching up to me and I am responding with food. :(

It is heavy indeed. It's getting to me as well. Hang in there and do the best you can.

• baconslave
    Options
    vkrenz wrote: »
    Check in for all of May

Well, I didn't do so good. I give myself a 50% success. I haven't lost much weight. I'm not sure how June is going to go since I'm still furloughed from work and I have no true schedule every day.

I'm trying to figure out what June is going to look like. I have a vacation scheduled for the 2nd half of month but unsure if we should go b/c of COVID and now protests with riots.

We had planned to go to Hannibal then St. Louis then Memphis to New Orleans. Does anyone have an opinion about traveling to these places as a tourist? I appreciate any feedback. Thx.

I'd say try to create a schedule for yourself. Structure and routine can be helpful. So if there is none, make one. :smile:

Re: vacay. It's so hard to say what the world is going to look like tomorrow, to say nothing of at the end of the month. I personally wouldn't go considering COVID (I have elderly and unhealthy people in my family). Shelby County (Memphis) currently has 1810 know active cases, but the asymptomatic carriers they won't know. I live in northeast TN, and all I know is that we have few active known cases here, but literally 15 min down the road, yesterday they had one of the strawberry farm's employees test positive, so they tested them all. 37 more asymptomatic cases were found. I don't personally know the locations/conditions of the protests in those cities either. That part will def be a wait-and-see.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thx for the response. So disappointing to plan 6 months for a time away from home and not to be able to go. But spending time in the hospital wouldn't be fun either.