WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Happy 18th! I’d like to celebrate my one year anniversary of our move to a foreign country since June 2019. It was very hard to leave my family, friends and career. But one year later I’m 20 pounds lighter and more confident, calm and reliable than ever. So yeah!

PW: 162.0
    CW: 158.0
    Also my lower carb and macro focused approach is really working for my weight goals. I’m not doing any diet just making sure my carbs are lower than 100g and making better choices.

GREAT LOSS STEPH!! And congratulations on one year abroad. Glad we were along for the ride.
  • micki48
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'm going to try bake a cake from scratch for my husband's birthday. I've never done this before.

So uh. Wish me luck. :0

You can do it, Amber! You are a great reader. All you have to do is follow the directions and don't forget to grease the pan. I know you can do it!
  • micki48
    Options
    My app has completely died and is unusable and I'm struggling to access the web version.

Sorry if I miss my weigh in but this sucks and I'm angry.

I have had similar problems. You'd think with Under Armor owning MFP they could update their app and make it work better.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'm going to try bake a cake from scratch for my husband's birthday. I've never done this before.

So uh. Wish me luck. :0

You can do it, Amber! You are a great reader. All you have to do is follow the directions and don't forget to grease the pan. I know you can do it!

There are no directions.

It's a hand written recipe from my mother in law. The sole direction is how long to put it in the oven for. XD

But this is his favorite so I'm gonna give it my best shot.
  • micki48
    Options
    Evening everyone! Sorry for so many consecutive posts, but I was responding as I read through the pages I've missed.

Wowee!!!! The weigh ins are fabulous this week. I haven't seen a single gain that I can remember. What a great week. I hope I don't blow it tomorrow. Hasn't been a bad week at all, but I am so stuck weight wise. It's not budging, down at least. So, we will see. Hope I can add to the numbers with my weigh in tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary, Kristi @conleywoods and @KellyBgetsfit I sure hope you can get some rest time at the pool. Grandparents are good for that!

Keep sending in those steps. So thankful for you all. Oh, I did get to take a walk today. Finally wasn't raining. It is such a great thing when you are so mad at your family. LOL Exercise really is the great stress reliever. We are all good now, so no worries. Til, tomorrow...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @Terytha good luck on the cake! Lots of pressure when it's a family recipe and his favorite! @jugar and @micki48 have some great tips. Follow @jugar tips for the wet ingredients and mix and the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Once you have whipped the wet ingredients so they are nice and fluffy use a rubber spatula to gently fold in your dry ingredients. Add your dry ingredients a third at a time and fold gently so you don't deflate your batter. Mix just until incorporated then pour into your greased pan or pans. Then bake. Check often and don't over bake to retain moisture! Hope it's a great birthday!

So many awesome weigh ins! Love hearing about everyone's daily happenings.

I'm officially on summer vacation! My eye keeps twitching. Coming down from all the stress.

Something I heard recently that really stuck with me was the idea that motivation isn't always constant, but there are little things we can do to build momentum instead. I love this idea and have been trying to make this mind shift lately. For example if I just want to lay on the couch, I can try eating a healthy snack to get me in the mode of healthy habits. Or just wearing workout clothes at home so if the mood strikes I'm just ready to go.

What do you guys think of this? Do some of you practice building momentum already? What little things do you guys do to help drive you forward even when motivation dips? I feel like this is a cornerstone habit for sticking with it long term.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 10,115
    Happy Friday (& Juneteenth to boot!).
    I’m heading to bed after a good day - got but good with a swim in the little pond down the road.
    Sleep well!
    See you tomorrow.

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods

To answer your question about how I stay motivated, I've found Mel Robbins' 5 second rule to be quite helpful. https://youtu.be/nI2VQ-ZsNr0
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    https://youtu.be/_BNDdamTDak

So I didnt realize when I posted this second YouTube that she uses some "choice" words that absolutely do not represent who I am. But she's goes a little bit deeper into explaining her theory.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    Things are looking SO green this week. Well done! Good losses, and only small gains, and still 3 more weigh-ins to come. I think we're on a roll. Six people on the team have been in the green for all 3 weeks of June so far. Keep it up!

Great question about momentum, @conleywoods . It is true, being "on a roll" helps because we don't want to break it. And slowly our self-definition changes. "I am a person who eats healthy foods" or "I am a person who walks for at least 30 minutes a day" or "I can run 5k" or just "I do 2 push-ups every time I leave the bathroom" - whatever it is, our identity changes with that momentum. Then we want to live up to it! I never liked the notion of affirmations, but this way the affirmation follows the action and it is true. And it grows.

My exercise momentum is rather stalled at the moment! I'm going to check out those videos @evangsimmons170 and see if I can get back at it. It is so hot out I don't feel like adding to the sweat factor, but I'm sure I can find a nice shady place with a breeze to work some muscles. I'm going to do that today - you read it here. Pester me if I don't brag later!

What are you all going to brag about today?

And I want to hear all about the cake adventure, @terytha :wink:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Friday numbers:

Steps - 4254
    Exercise - Heather Robertson 12 week program (W1D4) - 30 minutes Full body HIIT & Abs workout

Enjoy your weekend, Friends!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CW: 179.8

We're making breakfast but after that's done I'm gonna get started with the cake. I will post pictures. :)
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    PW 164LBS
    CW 165lbs...
This discussion has been closed.