Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 681 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hey ho - might not get to a check in tonight so wanted to pop in. We're going kayaking and seeing as how it's almost 9am and I'm still drinking coffee and hubby is still sleeping....looks like we're gettin a late start of it! :D Hoping my hip and leg don't give me fits while paddling, we shall see. Planning our typical paddling lunch - a tortilla (we use Xtreme Wellness for the fiber punch) with peanut butter and raisins on it and then rolled up. For anyone who wants a really good, filling snack that has protein, fat and some carbs for energy - this is really good. I sometimes drizzle honey on it, too, just likely not today. FYI, they tend to be dry and odd the next day, which I don't mind, but the tortilla soaks up the oils so it's a little different from fresh. Any dried fruit is good, a sprinkle of cinnamon - you get the idea. Very portable and easy to take along because no refrigeration needed for paddling, hiking, biking or just to have on a drive, etc.

What healthy snacks and snack hacks do my fellow Slimpossibles have or do? Spill the beans!!!

@katmary71 your mental tricks helped with a really good day, looks like! Excellent exercise and habits, I hope today can bring similar wins and some peacefulness and rest. <3
    @2020shih great weigh in, 2 pounds down!! Happy dance for you (in my head, doan wanna spill coffee.... :D )
    @lexabeep wow, I think that's better than you were expecting - what a great drop! Great committment from you to YOU!
    @digger61 I hope you are well and riding (and camping) the roads as we get into summer! Great maintaining!
    @veryhotmails so happy for you, great drop and soooooo greeeeen..... =>
  • raleighgirl09
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This week was a really bad week and quite honestly, nearly deleted my whole myfitnesspal account but I committed to a few challenges and just didn’t want to be a quitter.

So a little late but my official weigh in is 190.

@mrmcgrath I am so glad you didn't delete the account!! When you have re-righted yourself and are doing what you want to do for your goals, you will be glad to have the data from when you were not doing well - those are as important, and many times more important than the successful days and wins. It's kind of like the mechanic can't fix the car when it isn't making the noise, or doing the jerk or whatever the issue is - he needs the data for the problem in order to know how to fix it. Keep on logging, keep on tracking, keep on thinking about the best way to right yourself - dissect and analyze....which is right in your wheelhouse! => That spreadsheet is your best friend, right now, and you will get back on track. We're rooting for you - you are the expert at getting you back on track and you will find that sweet spot again. <3

I had a crappy 5ish weeks from mid-April to about 3rd week in May - I gained weight, I lost a little, I gained more, I lost a little but not enough to close the gap to where I was; it took me weeks to get back on track and feel strong and confident. I didn't do 100% tracking and logging (some by paper, was still doing that) at the time, but I am so glad now for the data I did keep. I wince when I see the gains and extra food and/or alcohol - but it tells me a story and shows me what does not work for my weight loss. Valuable, despite the sting.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! I like them, too. My book was an interesting fiction book, "Deacon King Kong": https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/51045613-deacon-king-kong The chocolate cake is a family favorite. Thanks for the pizza dough recipe, I'm sure it is going to be good, we'll have to try it. I love beer as a flavoring agent.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, made it a-okay! You know how I packed all those snacks? Well, apparently I packed too many snacks: I ate 23 points worth of snacks. :( I'll be sure to tell my friend about that IF book, she's heavily into IF. Congrats on the NSV!!!

@raleighgirl09 Wow, great steps, congrats! Hazel is a great name, how sweet. Maybe we go on these diets for a time and learn from them and move on to our "ideal" plan. I kind of eat on the lower-carb end, too. Every once in awhile, I'll have pasta or pizza but mostly, it's lower-carb. That snack sounds really good! I tend to just go for reduced sugar (or no sugar) yogurts, Babybel light, fruit, shelled edamame...the boring stuff lol.

HI everyone! Well, I survived the car ride to LA. It took 2 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back (1 hour just to get OUT of the city of LA due to traffic :( ). I've got a busy day of cooking ahead of me, so I doubt I'll get any exercise in. And it's a day of indulgence. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: (planned indulgence day), 52+ oz of water
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 231.8
    Todays Weight: 232

Well, the scale is heading in the wrong direction! I think the fact that I know I am heading back to work soon is messing with my head. I've made the mistake of setting a goal of losing 20 lbs by the time I get back to work and whenever I say, "I will lose x by x" it always trips me up. :(
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    1dl5uajuy65v.gif

Good morning! I am making my plans for the day and the weekend!
    FRIDAY CHECK-IN: 🟒
    Calories: 🟒 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟒
    Exercise 🟒
    Friday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟒 Jenny Ford step workout& walk with husband!
    - Weights 🟒
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟒
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟒
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    = Scouts Project Work 🟒
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟒🟒🟒🟒
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟒
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟒
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟒
    SATURDAY GOALS
    Saturday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ βšͺ
    - Weights βšͺ
    - Stretch/Yoga βšͺ
    - Martial Arts Breathing βšͺ
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟒
    Other Goals
    = Scouts Project Work βšͺ
    - Scary-Behind-Project βšͺ
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) βšͺ
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE βšͺ
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE βšͺ

@raleighgirl09 - Your kayaking plans sound fabulous!

SNACKS My go-to snack is apple slices and nuts of some kind (cashews, almond butter, Brazil nuts, etc). Or sometimes goji berries & almond butter. Same idea as you, I think -- some sweetness, some healthy fat!

@mrmcgrath - We are so sorry you had a hard week and SO glad you stuck it out! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
    Bad week aside, you are up less than 1 pound since your last weigh-in and still down from the start of the month! Hang in there!

@veryhotmails , @lexabeep m @2020shih - Woohoo! What great weigh-ins! SO excited for all of you! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

@digger61 - Great job maintaining this week!

@raleighgirl09 - I am SO glad the appreciation of your posts landed! My gratitude is totally sincere! :heart:
    I don't know if you need calipers. I think a tape measure might be just as useful. I think I will start dong a few key tape measure checks once a month.
    As far as loose skin- yeah, I have that, too. I think it may be decreasing a little over time? But that could be wishful thinking.

@TeresaW1020 - Hurray for all that new puzzle fun at your house!
    And WOW to your workout and fasting plans! You are on fire! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
    πŸ₯³ A big HURRAY to this:
    I just got into a pair of capris that were several inches from buttoning last year at this time. :grin:

@Katmary71 - I am sorry you are not feeling so successful the last few days. I am impressed that, despite feeling down, you had an "under calories" day yesterday and that you got in that seated cardio AND weights. So just know that from the outside, you are looking super impressive and determined! Sometimes mood is misleading. If you can, be kind to Katmary -- she's such a tough, resilient, funny chick! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

@Trooworld - Sending you hugs! Would it help to have your goals that you focus on be the actions you think will be effective at having you lose weight? That kind of shift in focus has been super helpful for me. If I keep focusing on "did I DO the things" today and just have weigh-ins help me check to see whether those actions are being effective, it has helped keep me sane!
    SO glad your trip went smoothly!
    Thanks for the book recommendation! Deacon King Kong looks interesting! I added it to my To-Read list.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I just got caught up on everyone and I'm so glad you are all here. I was looking through the message boards yesterday and came across a link for a calorie counting/BMI info and one of the things that was written on the website was Zigzag Calorie Counting. It's when you eat 5 days at a lower amount and 2 days at maintenance, but where all 7 days would total a 1pound weight loss for the week. I hope I'm explaining it correctly. It made me think about how I would stall after every 15-ish pound loss and I'd eat something high calorie and greasy and it would kick start the loss again. The next day, I realized that was exactly what I was doing on WW years ago...I'd save my flex points for the weekends...so I was probably eating around 1200-1300 daily during the week, but 1500-1600 on the weekends. I'm totally going to give it a try :smile:

As I've been immobile for the past 3 weeks, I just KNOW I've gained weight. Laying around, just grazing all day basically. When I sit up, my stomach is too big and it makes it hard for me to breathe. I am determined to get out to the dunes and hiking trails and beaches as soon as the doctor clears me for it. I have all of YOU to thank for this! I have lived by Lake Michigan my entire life and I have taken it all for granted. NO MORE!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend...do some exercise for me. I can't wait to get this stupid cast off!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012, I totally agree with what you read about zigzagging your calories. I have read many times how the body will adapt to what you consistently give it. I know its tough being immobile like you are and grazing all day would be something I would totally want to do as well. Can you make wiser choices or find something to do that will keep your hands busy? You could make a list of all the activity you will do when you are mobile again and research the areas. :)

@AustinRuadhain, I love apples and nuts as a snack as well. I don’t think I have ever had goji berries. Where do you buy them? :)

@trooworld, I do the exact same thing! I set a goal weight for a certain time and then I sabotage myself. Why do we do that to ourselves? So, you stop it right now and you begin again. You know how to make your plan work for you so just do that and let the date setting go. ;)

@raleighgirl09, happy Kayaking! I LOVE those Xtreme Wellness tortillas and have made the same snack with peanut butter and honey. I love raisins but never buy them. Hmm, I might have to put that on the list. :)

@Katmary71, we are glad you checked in and are rooting for you! <3

@veryhotmails , @lexabeep & @2020shih, great weigh-in!! Keep up the good work! B)B)B)

Hi everyone! Well, today I completed my scheduled 23 hours fast and had one delicious plate of food of BBQ country-style pork ribs, homemade coleslaw, a few jalapeno potato chips, and one bottle of dark beer. For dessert, I had four…or maybe five cinnamon Icebreakers. Those things are my addiction!! I felt good today. I did my workout this morning and swept and mopped my floors. My fast was clean and only consisted of three cups of black coffee, plain sparkling water, and one cup of hot, lightly salted water, which is strangely satisfying. I have almost finished my IF book and I started a new puzzle. Tomorrow is church and that makes me a happy girl!! o:)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I get a big bag of goji berries at Costco every so often, but that would be risky if you aren't sure you like them! :lol: My regular grocery store has goji berries in the "health and fitness" aisle, and I have also seen them at Natural Grocer and Whole Foods. I just happen to like them, but really they are a dried berry, so a relative of raisins.

What an excellent day you are having! So glad to hear you are such a happy girl! :heart: :smiley:

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I am so impressed at your finding silver linings during this time of recovery from your injury and surgery. πŸ₯³ :heart:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What a day buzy. I got the yard work done and spend most of the rest working on my camper.Next was preplaning my meals for next week.Got all my water in and was under my macros and calories for the day.Now time for reading my bible. then go for a walk with my dog. hope you all had a great weekend. I am doing well I have good days and bad days dealing with this liver dease heathy eating and no suger or alcohol.
  • raleighgirl09
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday night check in

Kayaking was fun! We only went about 8 miles but did get some choppy water in - 'sporty' as hubby describes it. I am always glad I did it but at the moment it's happening, I'm a little skeered and can get whiny. My best paddlin' partner knows this - we survived! :D

@digger61 so glad to hear about your day and that you're doing well! Thinking of you - excellent on preplanning meals! I find that and preparing in advance to be quite helpful, too
    @TeresaW1020 I am so-so-SOOOO happy for you being able to go to church tomorrow!!! Even with changes and steps to stay safe - nothing beats seeing the beautiful faces of friends in person.... <3 What a great fast, it must be really amazing to see the research and practice come together with tangible results!!!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I can only imagine how happy you'll be to be free of the wretched cast!! Well - 'we' had fun on the paddle today and I'll be sure to take you along on some walks tomorrow!!! :D:D
    @AustinRuadhain I was thinking calipers would give the info on the body fat percentage...? I looked this up online and had a chuckle at this statement: "Disadvantages: The method requires practice and basic anatomy knowledge. Also, some people don’t enjoy getting their fat pinched". I ask why I care - well - one spends so much time on a weight loss journey only to realize that there will probably always be a good sized belly or legs or arms; the ravages of a lot of weight on the body before working to lose it tends to stay with folks unless they lose as a lot younger person with more elastic skin. I'm not complaining but this is a reality I am exploring and getting comfortable with again. Even at a size 8 - I'll have the belly, etc., just way smaller than it was. I'll take it. B) I know there are some body image things to work through - someone said to me last week - "do you not know how different you look?" - and I'm thinking...I guess not. Figure I look the same, just smaller. My face hasn't changed, right...? These are some of the things I recall having to work through before. At least this time, it's familiar.
    @trooworld well, I gotta say - when I have a day of that much driving, I'm not thrilled about it!! Haha on the snacks - so easy to do on a long drive! Hey - yeah, I found the going from one plan to another, one method to another, changing tactics, philosophies, etc., was KEY to me knowing what I need for successful weight loss. It has taken years but I've really fine tuned what works for me; it's all so individual. Also, I'm exactly the same with goals and have to be careful. If I say x pounds by x date, I am almost certainly hosed because I feel like my weight loss is not so linear as to be predictable. I have made an exception of my 170 by 11Aug2020, my 57th birthday, but I feel like that is more manageable because I started with around 10 pounds over like - 3 months when I decided that; it's a shorter time that Itypically have issues with. I do feel like I have to keep an eye on it and not get so wrapped in the x by x that I start up some bad reactionary habits. I like @AustinRuadhain 's take on this - maybe make the goal(s) be action based, knowing the actions should get results? The outward measure of consistent action is a corresponding result, 95% of the time. What actions that support weight loss do you want to make consistent by the time you head back into the office? I think for me and my BD goal, I need 5 or 6 days a week at lower calories - and walk as much as I can.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Do I have a treat you would like! I already had one today and am over calories so I'm hiding in my room with my Invisilign in to rein me in. If you have an air fryer put peanut butter on the tortilla and air fry with a little honey. I have chocolate chips in the house but am trying to forget about them.

Thank you all for the support, I know I've been a lousy motivator lately.

Sat check-in
    Exercise seated cardio, yoga, foam rolling
    Calories- over, but not as bad as normal
    Water- good

Cardio 30 min done
    Weights- on track
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- no plans
    Steps- 9,500

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - June 2020 Sunday
    PW 148 (67kg)
    CW 147lbs (66.9kg)

Lost - just! I'm not really losing but maintaining.

I'm eating meals as I keep buying fresh food that needs eating.

I brought a treat of Welch's Grape juice. But i never feel like drinking it. It's been 5 days and still half the packet left. Then i feel the need to finish it. That's what it's like with food.

I need to work on my portion control again.

I ate doughnuts twice in a week as family brought it.

Thought I was eating well as last week binged on chocolate. But eating more vegetables just still big portions.

I've written this quote and stored it with my chocolate stash:
    "I'm about to eat this chocolate,but I don't need it. Eating it will cause me to gain weight and hurt my health". - (Book: Atomic Habits p.66)

Didn't walk every morning as it's been raining heavily.

Drunk less coffee, only 1 cup in the morning.

GOAL
    1. eat less hot cross bun for breakfast
    2. Say the notice mantra before eating chocolate.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    OK, we might have had a rough week! But I know we can do better next week and finish this month strong. We got this! B)<3

9rur87gqcdt7.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    8l0rdqhp8a59.jpg
    vrml5k1ie6w9.png
    04x3p82h8vke.png
    1hzt6tdig2bb.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.46%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.40%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Trimstones 21.1 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 19.7 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 14.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @cherrymajoni 4.05 %
    2nd @steph1498 2.47 %
    3rd @guitargirl55 2.25 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @cherrymajoni 9.3 lbs
    2nd @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 6.0 lbs
    3rd @Steph1498 4.0 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @kmfeig87
    @2020shih
    @twyla77
    @mynacha73
    @bethanie0825
    @Emmajhare
    @deniners2
    @19shmoo69

zs0tla03bdy1.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain all green dots for Friday, woo hoo!!! I was talking about how I trip myself up during my WW meeting yesterday and the leader said, "Why don't you make your goals behavior-based instead of number based?" and I think that is what you are saying as well. And that is what I am going to focus on. On the other board that I visit here, I do that but in my head I'm thinking of a number so I need to focus on my behavior goals. Which for June are: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 52 oz of water per day. We'll see how the rest of the month goes! Thanks for the suggestion!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That kind of eating is what I do on WW now. I hope it works for you. I hope the doctor clears you for the dunes and hiking trails, that sounds amazing! <3

@TeresaW1020 I don't know and the funny thing is I know it doesn't work but I keep doing it!!! Yes, I am dropping that weight goal right now! lol Congrats on your long fast, I hope you enjoy church and have a great day!

@raleighgirl09 I'd be skeered and whiny too! lol Yes, I am definitely dropping the weight goal. If you see my reply to Austin above, I've had behavior-based goals all along but chose to ignore them for the weight goal (dumb dumb dumb!!!) but now I will focus on the behavior-based goals. I think I will also print out a calendar and use cute stickers and "reward" myself with stickers when I achieve these goals. I know it sounds juvenile, but I am juvenile darn it! These actions definitely will help me as I go back to work. Thanks!

@Katmary71 ((( HUGS ))) to you.

Hi all. So I found out that "going back to work at the end of the month" is not set in stone. :( That explains why I haven't heard anything yet from HR. Well, that's more time for me to focus on my health for now I guess. My husband's birthday dinner yesterday was delicious and we had fun. I ate a small amount of high-calorie food. I was able to enjoy myself yet not overdo it.

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: some sort of exercise, 52+ oz of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mapcbao15rg1.png

LET'S GIVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR

@JOYfulNoise89

SHE HAS REACHED TWOTERVILLE!!!!!!!!!!