MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, glad everyone is doing reasonably well! Thank you for the positive comments. As far as the hip hop video I can't say I do it exactly like that, it's seated with my legs on a chair or "criss cross apple sauce (there has to be a better name for crossed legs!)" and do arms only. I'm left-handed so I always go the wrong direction too, I hate that and that's part of the reason I spend so long doing them as I want it perfect and going the same direction!

Have a little news. After saying how stupid it was that I'm prescribed vitamins to things I eat every day it turns out I actually am deficient in vitamins so now I'm hopeful. How the heck I can be deficient when I'm eating 10-20 servings of produce a day is ridiculous but it's better than where I left off with pain management. Last night was tough but overall (I'm terrified to even voice this) things are slightly better. I'm able to sit at my computer with my legs up so that's a plus! I'll be starting a nerve medication soon then am getting another supplement prescribed. I have 6 nerves diagnosed as damaged along with my bladder and it's been a lot different and diffuse compared to that though severe in it's own way so for now I'm going to believe it will cure me even if it's naive. I'm having men problems which is weird as I haven't dated in years, it's even more annoying than it used to be with texting and COVID! I could rant for an hour on that topic but I'll be nice and bow out.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 lol...which one? I'm assuming it's the Chili Garlic Tofu recipe? You could totally make that with chicken...just saute the chicken in a little neutral oil like canola or avocado oil, remove it from the pan. Then skip to step 6 and continue (the sauce step). I'm sure it would be delicious! :) The ring came out spectacular! It is truly a beautiful, one of a kind treasure. It still has a vintage feel but updated. And speaking from my gemological background (that's my field), the opals look like they are very nice quality. A great special memory of your MIL!

@raleighgirl09 I'm sorry the chiro was painful. I hope it gets less so within the next few days. Yeah it was scary and then my darned husband made fun of me for thinking it was a heart attack...that was not cool for him to invalidate my feelings and make me feel small and I told him so. He said, "I'm just kidding, I can't kid with you" and it made me so mad. Air fried pickle chips, I think I might have one of those recipes, I wonder if it's the one that you saw? I love those too! I haven't made it yet though. Thanks, I am surprised that in my pain, I chose a smoothie rather than choosing to comfort myself with comfort food instead. That is my usual M.O.

Hello everyone! I had a Pretty Good Day yesterday: I drank enough liquids, I was under my points for the day, and I got out amongst people (only to take my MIL to the grocery store but at least I wasn't sitting in the house all day). I'd really like to go to a coffee shop this morning and draw or read but COVID cases have spiked in my area and I'm really afraid to go. I'm already taking two unnecessary risks this week: I'm going for coffee tomorrow evening with a friend and going for dinner with another couple on Saturday. I just have been feeling cooped up lately.

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under even
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Another new member to welcome for the Slimpossibles - @Mommagemz is on the way. Enjoy!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (25Jun2020)
    Previous weight:178.2
    Current weight: 175.3
    LTD MFP #2 59.7 lbs
    LTD overall 124.7 lbs

Hey gang! Thanks to @Beka3695 for the idea to add LTD to the weekly posting - it's really awesome to see that and remind myself of how far I have come....amazing to me. I'm looking forward to seeing this for others who also want to share! I made the current weight bold so that @broncobuddee can easily find the current info for spreadsheet entry! B)

So funny, this journey. I am about 5 pounds from the lowest weight of my adult life (170) which is my current goal weight - I am shooting for 160 as the total to maintenance, about 15 pounds from now. This is the point at which even a small drop of a few pounds makes a difference in how I look and how clothes fit. I think I want to hang out in a weight range of say....maybe 158-165...? Uh, these are unchartered waters so I really can't say what the range will be but that's as good a guess as any, at this point. And then - taking a cue from @AustinRuadhain I think I want to work on muscle gain which will be some weight gain, naturally, but I don't know what the numbers may be for all of that - I just want to be a healthy size 8 at goal and getting stronger. I'll need to be eating for that in mind so I'll need to research it on the best and healthiest way to go about it. What I know is - whatever I can do to gain strength will help me as I age and also help me have a better metabolism. My ultimate goal has been to be as fit as I can be and to be in the best health to enjoy my time as ME and as a wife, mother, grandmother and eventual retiree. :)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

Wednesday check in all completed
    1. Bible study
    2. Eat meals within a ten hour window
    3.walk over 14000 steps
    4. Get enough sleep.
    5. Under macros
    6. 30 minutes weights
    7. Thursday goals the same
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Another new member to welcome for the Slimpossibles - @Mommagemz is on the way. Enjoy!

I am so excited to join the group and start in July!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71, I watched that hip-hop video and am VERY impressed with anyone who can do that! I am the worst at following instructions like what he gives. I once went to a Zumba class and I looked such a dork. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012, that flatbread looks very tasty!! So glad to read that you are having a good week! Keep it up. :)

@raleighgirl09, I always love reading all that is your head. Wow, a year already on the team. I think I might be going on two years. My how times fly! :) I hear you about needing to give up FB for awhile. I do pretty well on there because most of my groups have rules where the political posts aren't allowed. My issue is that I watch wayyyy too much news, which I’ve laid off greatly this week for more podcast listening and I feel much calmer. :)

@bethanie0825, yup overly salty foods will have my weight every single time. You will have a good week next week. :)

@digger61, good job on your goals!! B)

@trooworld, glad that you are resting your arm. That dinner sounds….interesting. :grin: Actually if I could put that seasoning on some chicken I would totally make it.

@Cornanda, you are right that it’s been a tough time for the country. We all need to calm down and spend a little more time loving each other and less time picking fights. :)

Hi everyone! Well, yesterday I broke my fast at 19 hours because I was hungry and caved to my impulses to eat. I ended up eating more than I should have and shared a bottle of wine with hubby as we watched a movie. So, I didn’t eat all day until dinner, which was almost 21 hours. I almost ate earlier because I really was getting hungry but then I got the call that my ring was ready and of course had to hurry and get ready and go get it!

This ring is very special. The opals belonged in a ring that was my husband’s mother who wanted me to have it when she passed away. The ring was in gold and way too small for my hands, so it sat in my jewelry box only to be admired. Well for our 15th anniversary of the day we met, DH took me to our favorite jewelry store and we custom made this ring. I am so very pleased with how it turned out and will cherish it as much as I do my wedding ring. Of course, I have to show it off but my hands look really old in pictures so you all get to see it in the box! :grin:

iejkmnjhh12z.jpg

This is beautiful!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Hello, @Mommagemz ! We are delighted you are joining us and look forward to getting to know you and to suppporting you on your health journey! Feel free to jump in to this conversation and start chatting now! Or lurk for a bit if you are more comfy with that! We have room for all levels of chattiness in the group.
    sknl1fv2x18g.gif
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday
    PW: 164.9
    CW: 166.7
    Yet another not so great number. Went out to dinner last night with my husband & his brother who was in town and I hadn't seen for 20 years instead of working out and eating a light meal. Ugh. I have been on this roller coaster of up & down between 167 and 164 since mid-April.
    I know I have not been as conscientious in the last couple of months as I was at the beginning of the year, but it is SO annoying!
    I suppose I will have to start tracking calories again as truth be told I have not been paying attention to calories as much as portion sizes.
    Luckily my fitness classes are starting to resume which I enjoy, so changing up the exercise routine may also help.
    OK - time to stop feeling sorry for myself & do something about it :D

BTW @raleighgirl09 WOW great job this week!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    gwamajtw91

Ugh. I have been on this roller coaster of up & down between 167 and 164 since mid-April.
    I know I have not been as conscientious in the last couple of months as I was at the beginning of the year, but it is SO annoying!
    !

Yessssss! I'm right there with you. I'm feeling intimidated by adding the grand total to my weekly weight loss number. I know it's optional, but I think it's great motivation for me to get moving in the right direction!

• Cornanda
    edited June 2020
    Options
    [/quote] @raleigh_girl said: My ultimate goal has been to be as fit as I can be and to be in the best health to enjoy my time as ME and as a wife, mother, grandmother and eventual retiree. :) [/quote]

LOVE THIS!

• Cornanda
    edited June 2020
    Options

[/quote] @raleigh_girl said this....

@TeresaW1020 those hands have taken you through life - loving others, cherishing, caressing, working, puzzling; hands held to crying eyes and hands to hold trembling shoulders. What a precious gift from hubby to you, it's absolutely gorgeous.[/quote]

LOVE THIS! Yes!

PS: My quoting skills are not up to snuff today.....

• Cornanda
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 your ring is very beautiful! Wow!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Hello, @Mommagemz ! We are delighted you are joining us and look forward to getting to know you and to suppporting you on your health journey! Feel free to jump in to this conversation and start chatting now! Or lurk for a bit if you are more comfy with that! We have room for all levels of chattiness in the group.
    sknl1fv2x18g.gif

Wow - I watched this meme in fascination for waaaay longer than I should have - it's delighfully hilarious! YES! Welcome to @Mommagemz we're looking forward to getting to know you! Aaaaaaaand welcome to @melissa2013m to the Slimpossibles!!

We're sooooo glad y'all are here with us!!

(SERIOUSLY - that meme is a crack up!! Haha!) :p:p:p
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    WEDNESDAY CHECK-IN: 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Wednesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢 Outdoor date walk with my sweety!
    - Bonus workout:🟢 Squeezed in a Leslie Sansone walk
    - Weights 🟢
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢🟢🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    THURSDAY GOALS
    So far, so good!
    Thursday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Bonus Workout! ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢⚪⚪⚪⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪⚪⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪

e5tzoimeh2ev.jpg
    @Cornanda said:
    @raleigh_girl09 said: My ultimate goal has been to be as fit as I can be and to be in the best health to enjoy my time as ME and as a wife, mother, grandmother and eventual retiree. :)
    LOVE THIS!
    @cornanda - I am right there with you! This is SO inspiring! Thank you, @raleighgirl09 , for the inspiration!

@gwamajtw91 - I love how you have stopped to look at what things you can do to get back on track! And if you need to, break it down and work on one thing at a time! A big YAY to your taking ownership of the results and taking charge of making the changes you want!

@Beka3695 - Oh, wow! I love the new LTD (Loss To Date)! It puts things in such great perspective, on those weeks when the number went up a bit!

@leonadixon - Hi there! Always happy to hear your voice! ((waves))

@digger61 - Yay, you! Another great day! You keep hitting those goals! Your persistence and commitment are so inspiring!

@raleighgirl09 - Zowie! I love seeing your LTD. So you have lost -- more 3 of those ungainly 42-pound bags of cat litter I get at Costco. Wow. That's the better part of a current you. Just amazing.
    I love that you are making plans to get stronger, too!
    Getting stronger is a journey of exploration, for me, too. I look forward to sharing ideas!

@trooworld - A big YAY to the Pretty Good Day!

As to feeling cooped up -- I so get that feeling. I do. And I will nudge you and say to please keep trooworld safe, as we are really fond of her.

And I really get it. Virus numbers where I live are going in a Bad Direction. My martial arts group was going to get together outside this Saturday. We had planned all kinds of precautions and were so looking forward to it. It would have been the first time since early March to get together physically, and that has now been postponed.

@Katmary71 - I am sorry about the man problems. And kinda amused. Like it's not totally bad to have that problem? Maybe?
    Super YAY to figuring out you need to do more with vitamins!
    I eat really well, and still have to pay attention to those, or Odd Things happen. So not just you.

Okay, more later - I have to go mail something (!). It's an exciting errand, as I can stay completely socially distant but I do got to get out in my car for a bit! While I am not freaked out or even surprised that my state is in the news for record-setting virus numbers this week, I am continuing to be pretty conservative about my own activities.

Thank you all for being here! I am so grateful for this conversation. You guys inspire me to work harder at having fun and working towards my goals.
    uq3qyv2dznof.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options

sknl1fv2x18g.gif

Wow - I watched this meme in fascination for waaaay longer than I should have - it's delighfully hilarious! YES! Welcome to @Mommagemz we're looking forward to getting to know you! Aaaaaaaand welcome to @melissa2013m to the Slimpossibles!!

We're sooooo glad y'all are here with us!!

(SERIOUSLY - that meme is a crack up!! Haha!) :p:p:p

So glad it tickled you. It tickled me. I can't decide if I am (or want to be?) the guy on the left, or the one in the middle.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @trooworld I'm so glad you weren't having a heart attack! Take good care of yourself!

@AustinRuadhain Fitrckr dumped me again, I don't know why that happens all the time but I just looked through my mail and haven't received anything for a few weeks so I have no idea how long it's been. I don't mind so much as far as among us, more for our group competition against others. THEN I want my exercise to count for something because it's our team vs others and we're awesome!

@AustinRuadhain Aw shucks, you know I HATE sharing videos! You totally made my day, I've posted it before but I'd be more than happy to do it again, it's the only one that has enough arm stuff to make it worth it. I may have made the mistake of doing it at the end of my cardio latelyand have done it 8 times in the last two days. Of course now I'll see the video and want to do it again!
    https://youtu.be/s9R8gxKLPEo

I just realized I missed a few messages, and this was one of them! And there's a video to go try! Woohoo! Just put this on my to-watch list!

So, FYI - we don't have an "us versus another team" challenge right now. One other Fat2Fit team tried that with us a month or two back, but wasn't jazzed enough to do it again. So we are just doing the Slimpossibles Step Challenge. You were #8 on last week's Slimpossibles Step Challenge (FitRockr ID Katmary71 A). But... FitRockr doesn't think you have synced up since June 17, though, which seems odd.If that sounds wrong, maybe we contact their tech support and ask what's up. They have been surprisingly helpful in the past!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @AustinRuadhain and @raleighgirl09 for the warm welcome!

Am I to assume that @AustinRuadhain lives in Austin, TX and @raleighgirl09 lives in NC? My husband and I lived in NC for about a decade and then we moved to Houston, TX (where we are right now). It's hot here and very "virus-y", so the two kids, my husband and I are doing our best to entertain ourselves. I'm actually trying to take of these extra quarantine pounds (and the pounds I already wanted to lose before then). It'll be really nice to have a team to work with!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS!!! @melissa2013m and @Mommagemz we are so glad to have you on our team and hope that you will feel very comfortable here. :)

@Katmary71, weird that you can be deficient in vitamins with all the products you eat! What the heck does that say about me!! :# Shhhhhh don’t read this too loud but I’m happy that you are feeling slightly better and prayers are being said that it only improves. <3

@Raleighgirl, thank you for your sweet words to me about my ring. You made me tear up! <3 Great loss this week!! And seeing how far you have come in your weight loss journey is so VERY inspiring!! I’m glad that you have chosen to share it with us all. Ohhhh and I agree about that welcome meme. It’s the best!!! :D

@trooworld, yes the Chili Garlic looks very tasty! :grin: Thanks, I was wondering what you would think of my ring knowing your background. I also love how it has that vintage yet updated feel and that it’s truly one of a kind. I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted so we ended up taking a little of this and that from a couple of different rings and then of course adding my MIL stones. My DH was married to his first wife for 35 years and my MIL couldn’t stand her. She loved me the moment she met me. So yeah, this ring is special in many ways. :grin: Ohhh question, my salesgirl at the jewelry store told me to soak my opals in distilled water, overnight, once year to keep them moist. Is that something you have heard about doing?

@Cornanda, thanks! I love the ring too and what it represents. God, gave me my husband when we were both much older and the blessings I have had with this man over the last 15 years are beyond what I could ever have dreamed. I have also been feeling intimated about posting the grand total of my weight loss. It might look good that first week but then what? But you are right that it also might be good motivation. I’m going to try it tomorrow, but it starts to stress me out then I’m going to stop. You do the same! :)

@leondixon, thank you! How has your week been for you? :)

Hello everyone! I had a pretty good day today. I fast for almost 20 hrs. and managed not to overeat in my window. Today, was my day off from workout which is good because after my back and biceps weight routine I did yesterday my arms are hurting me! I went to my staff meeting this morning and we are all super excited that we are opening up the church this Sunday. Afterward, I spent an hour letting my sweet children’s director who is one of my dearest friends unload about her life with two small boys (3 and 4 yrs. old) and a husband who is a cop. She suffers from anxiety and sometimes just needs to talk to someone who will let her rant and rave with zero judgment. I am glad that I can be that person for her. I started a new puzzle this afternoon. It’s a collage picture of brands of ice cream. That should be fun to do when I’m fasting and my stomach is growling. :D
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I cannot take credit for the LTD line. It was the brainchild of @jessicakrall8 from Trimstones.
This discussion has been closed.