MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi all- just checking in to say that fitrocker did not sync half of my week. I got it to update, but you might want to check yours if you are doing the step challenge. I have you all beat by a mile right now! Have a happy and relaxing Sunday!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Hi all- just checking in to say that fitrocker did not sync half of my week. I got it to update, but you might want to check yours if you are doing the step challenge. I have you all beat by a mile right now! Have a happy and relaxing Sunday!

Thanks! I checked and had not synced for 3 days - and I can sometimes find our league and sometimes cannot - I literally forget how to get there, even though I have done it several times. Technology - not my jam.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday (Funday) check in!!

Hey, happy Father's Day to all our dads and to the dads in the families of all the peepnicks!!! :)

A good day so far - yesterday I was a slacker on getting in the water so trying to get extra today; shooting for 16 cups! Cals are on track and all food planned and tracked for today already; since some things will be eaten as leftovers tomorrow, I have that day pretty good for planning and logging already, WOOT!! Now - hunger is another story, seems I am on the higher side of hungry today....and I think it started at dinner yesterday. I resisted eating more and I woke up extra hungry this morning. I have been naturally skipping breakfast of late but today I made a nice robust egg, sausage and bagel breakfast that was so good and satisfying! Held me for a long while and I had a typical lunch but still feel hungry, even as I type this. My goal is to maintain my calories and foods planned - if I stay legit hungry even after dinner, I may get some fruit and yogurt or make a smoothie - thinking something that I really like, strikes me as indulgent but is still well within acceptable limits of food choice and food intake. Sidebar - it's amazing to me that when I am in the right 'headspace,' these conversations with myself are not difficult. They are almost void of emotion and only factual in my head - and it does not feel depriving or cause any other negative feeling. It's just the facts of the food and hunger moments. So this is the way it is today, or even just right now. HA! Always waiting for the other shoe to drop - perhaps that is what I should spend time thinking about. :o

My hip was a bit hurty yesterday so I didn't take a walk (had kayaking as exercise) and today it is really paining me so I may not get another walk in; had a lovely walk on the beach earlier. Sleep has been good..... =>

CONGRATS to @cherrymajoni (wow - KILLIN' it at 9.3!!!) @bethanie0825 and @2020shih !!!!! You guys ROCK!
    @trooworld I love your sticker idea! And Juvenile works wonders and feels so good - simple pleasures are awesome!
    @katmary71 I know I am so late to this party - but I don't have an airfryer! I have been reading what the AFFs have posted (Air Fryer Folks!! =>) and wondering if I should give it a shot. Your treat sounds awesome - does it come out kinda like a big cookie or a pizza-ish-esque thing...?
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - June 2020 Sunday
    PW 148 (67kg)
    CW 147lbs (66.9kg)

Lost - just! I'm not really losing but maintaining.

I'm eating meals as I keep buying fresh food that needs eating.

I brought a treat of Welch's Grape juice. But i never feel like drinking it. It's been 5 days and still half the packet left. Then i feel the need to finish it. That's what it's like with food.

I need to work on my portion control again.

I ate doughnuts twice in a week as family brought it.

Thought I was eating well as last week binged on chocolate. But eating more vegetables just still big portions.

I've written this quote and stored it with my chocolate stash:
    "I'm about to eat this chocolate,but I don't need it. Eating it will cause me to gain weight and hurt my health". - (Book: Atomic Habits p.66)

Didn't walk every morning as it's been raining heavily.

Drunk less coffee, only 1 cup in the morning.

GOAL
    1. eat less hot cross bun for breakfast
    2. Say the notice mantra before eating chocolate.

@Apple852hk Wow - feels like I could have written so much of this myself!! First - congrats on a great weigh-in! As one who deals in pounds, a whole pound looks awesome to me!! Maybe for these moments you could cuddle up to the pounds versus kilos...? Haha!! :D:D:D

I so have to watch the 'food is around but I get other food' thing. One of the contributing factors for me is that I eat less than I used to and it's hard to get into that mindset when shopping - like my buying has not caught up to my food life. So then I have more than I may have wanted or needed of a particular thing(s) and to not waste I have to keep eating what's around...or, you know, get something anyway. Just curious, do you experience this? And - other Slims - is this happening to anyone else?

We've also had a lot of rain and it has made the walking harder to navigate! Hoping it stays dry for a while and is one less hurdle!

I love your chocolate mantra, what a great visual from you - to YOU!! And I'm always impressed with your ability to just say - "Hey, I ate these things, they weren't on plan." I think your style of - recognize, acknowledge, assess, plan - is really smart!!!

Cheers! =>
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, I Googled goji berries and I would probably like them. I wonder if I could find them at Trader Joes? :)

@digger61, glad to see you checking in with us. Sounds like you are having a very good weekend. Keep taking care of yourself. <3

@Katmary71, you are NOT a lousy motivator. You are going through a tough time and we are here for you. It goes both ways in this group. <3

@apple852hk, wahoooo look at you losing weight this week!! B) That is a great quote from Atomic Habits and what a good idea to put it where the temptation lies. Keep tweaking your goals and being good to yourself!

@trooworld, that is great that you had a good time for your hubby’s birthday and yet didn’t overdo it. Way to behave and still have fun! Is it because of COVID that you might not be returning to work just yet? :/

@Cornanda, thanks for the reminder to check and sync Fitrockr. Although it didn’t do me much good because you are still beating me by a mile! :D

@raleighgirl09, sometimes we do have to listen to our bodies and when it really is hungry then you need to eat. Something nutritious like you spoke of is the best of course because I read that when we are extra hungry it is often our body's way of saying it needs nutrients. So, no to potato chips and jellybeans! :D

Hello and Happy Father’s Day! :) Today was a good day. Hubby and I went to church and the Livestream wasn’t as bad as it was last week. It still had some issues but hopefully, we will get it straightened out soon. Next week is our big reopen for all our church people. We are super excited!!! :grin: After church, I took DH to Jason’s Deli where I broke my 20 hours fast with the Chicken Santa Fe sandwich, chips, and a walnut cranberry cookie. <3 For dinner, I made baked chicken fajitas. So it was a very Southwest kind of day! I took today off from exercise to rest my poor calf muscle that I pulled. Tomorrow I embark on the 8-week exercise program that I put together for myself. I’m really hoping that with the workouts and my new IF resolve I will see some real progress in the next 8 weeks. I will be sure to keep you all updated. ;)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Good afternoon! I am wrapping up my Sunday, still got lots to do. I wrote a whole post this morning that got lost. Trying this again!
    SATURDAY CHECK-IN: 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Saturday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+🟢 Not one thing that was 45, but several things together added up, so calling this a pass!
    - Weights 🟢
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢 Yoga with Adriene. Someone here suggested her, and I have been enjoying.
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢🟢🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    SUNDAY GOALS 🟡
    Sunday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪ Did a 29 minute step session. Interrupted. Will finish before bed!
    - Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work ⚪⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪

@TeresaW1020 - Hurray for your lovely day at church and celebrating Father's Day. We look forward to cheering you on during your 8 week fitness mission! :heart:
    And, yes, I'll bet Trader Joe's will have goji berries. Dried fruit section, maybe?

@Apple852hk - I am with @raleighgirl09 in saying that a 1 pound loss is exciting! So we are happy for you, though get it's not the number you were after!
    I am also a big yes to as bunch of other smart things @raleighgirl09 said:
    I love your chocolate mantra, what a great visual from you - to YOU!! And I'm always impressed with your ability to just say - "Hey, I ate these things, they weren't on plan." I think your style of - recognize, acknowledge, assess, plan - is really smart!!!

@Cornanda - Thank you for the note about the Step Challenge. I'll go post something about that separately, to make sure it gets noticed!

@trooworld -
    I found this so inspiring. Yay you for indulging but keeping it reasonable, and being back on plan afterwards.
    My husband's birthday dinner yesterday was delicious and we had fun. I ate a small amount of high-calorie food. I was able to enjoy myself yet not overdo it.
    I am sorry to hear about the job uncertainty, and impressed at your looking to it as a chance to work on fitness until the dust settles. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽

@cherrymajoni @2020shih @bethanie0825 - IWOW! Congratulations to all of you, being on the leaderboard this week! 🥳

@Katmary71 -
    Thank you all for the support, I know I've been a lousy motivator lately.
    You are welcome for the support, and @TeresaW1020 nailed it. Sometimes we all need support, and giving us the chance to support you is actually super helpful. So thanks for being here. Perfection is not required.

@raleighgirl09 - Yay for being brave even when you were skeered! You and your husband sound like such great partners! :heart:

@digger61 - It is so great to see you checking in, and we are so glad to hear you doing so well in work on your liver disease. Having taken on healthy eating, no sugar and no alcoho9l is impressive! 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    q8yso2h1b9tz.jpg
    Slimpossible Step Challengers, Sync Your Devices at Least Once in the Next 19 Hours!
    FitRockr is wrapping up this week's challenge! We are now about 5 hours in to the 24 hour grace period. The grace period allows all athletes to sync their latest data and activities for the past week. Final results will be available tomorrow, at the end of the grace period.

Not sure when your data last reached FitRockr?
    Use this link anytime to see a quick status report that includes name, number of steps and Last Sync (the date/time when FitRockr last received data). https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5ee8a631a01e220001a20649

Navigation Note: If you log in to FitRockr, I think you should see the "Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge" league there on your dashboard, below the "Global Fitrockr Championship" league (everyone is automatically in that league, and you have to scroll past it to see our league).
    - On a phone, you can tap the league name ("Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge") to see details about this week.
    - On a PC, select Leagues at top left, and then scroll down to see Private Leagues, where hopefully our league is listed. Select Enter to see details.
    I hope this helps!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: 104 oz
    Exercise: day off
    Goals for tomorrow; bible reading and study
    30 mins weights
    over 96 oz water
    12000 steps
    eat veggies
    under 40 carbs and 1500 cals
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Challenge! Review and Reset. Mixing up the challenges from June and making sure the ingredients get made into something you're going to keep using. Enjoy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801194/june-week-4-challenge-review-and-reset#latest
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 The peanut butter honey tortilla comes out crispy, peanut butter crisps on the outside and is nice and melted on the inside. I'm sure you could do it in the oven. It looks pretty bad but tastes amazing!

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- chair cardio, hip hop arms only, arm and stomach strength training, yoga, foam rolling
    Water- good

Cardio- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- nothing new, just used a lot of herbs today
    Steps- 15 000

Not sure what I did right, I did an hour longer workout because I was determined to master arms in a hip hop video. Got a lot done and while I don't feel wonderful it's better than the last few days plus I'm in a great mood. Not going over today either, I put on a bathing suit to lay outside and look awful.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I hate when I am extra hungry like that. It sounds like you have a good plan though. Yeah, I'm easily placated with stickers lol!

@TeresaW1020 I work in an industry that has been hit particularly hard by COVID, so yes. My industry is slow to turn around. I was wondering when the big reopening of church was, I know you are excited! <3 Good luck with the new exercise program!

@AustinRuadhain Thanks, I'm finding it easier to just jump back on plan. re: the job...yeah, I have to look at the lemonade side of things! ;)

Hi all. We bought a new seat for our spin bike because the old seat was just entirely intolerable. I could only ride the bike for like 5 minutes before things started hurting. My husband finally put the new seat on last night and, even though I was tired, I gave it a spin and it was remarkable the difference! I was able to ride for 15 minutes with no pain. I plan on riding again today hopefully for longer.

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: spin bike
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: spin bike, 52+ oz of water
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2020
    Options
    mb2ukg5asm49.jpg
    SUNDAY CHECK-IN: 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Sunday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢
    - Weights 🟢
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    MONDAY GOALS
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work ⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪

@trooworld - Woohoo to the new bike seat! A seat that does not fit is indeed awful. (Speaking from painful experience!:lol: )

@Katmary71 - So SO glad things were feeling sunnier last night! Sending you all best wishes for a good mood and less pain today!:heart:

@digger61 - Sounds like you had a great day! Hoping today is one, too!:smile:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Quick check-in tonight because we have a small break in a series of thunderstorms that we are having right now. Today, was a good day. I did my workout of triceps/chest with my dumbbells (8, 10, and 12 lbs.) and then Barre cardio. I fasted for exactly 22 hours. I still ate too much with snacks and dinner and feel too full right now. Tomorrow, I’m going to fast until dinner and then if I’m still hungry have a snack. I want to see if that approach works better on days when I do longer fasts. Ohhh and my weight was down almost 2 lbs this morning! I have decided to do a weekly average on my Friday weigh-in so we will see how it all plays out. OK, there is the lightening! You all take care! :)
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deadpheonixrising
    Monday
    Previous weight - 137.7kg
    Current weight - 137.kg

Seeing some downward movement is nice especially as the weather is starting to really get hot. I'm going to do some socially distanced garden maintenance for my grandma this week, she's got a lot of weeds in her back garden and isn't capable of doing them herself.
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Edit ^ 137.5kg
    I type too fast.
  • Cornanda
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 --- this is my husband's Father's Day gift from the kids. It's called the "white hell" puzzle. 1000 pieces, all white on both sides, very tiny. He likes a challenge, but this is pretty crazy.
  • Cornanda
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • Cornanda
    Options
    i3hx1qwrm6hi.jpg
  • raleighgirl09
    edited June 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hiya to all things Slim and Possible! Just a quick step in before bed to wrap up the day. Cals, water, sleep all on target - exercise was good, at least over 10,000 steps today because I got a walk in. Hip is still hurting but not as much it has been and I go back to the chiropracter on Wednesday morning. Now that I am back in Raleigh, I'm planning to go on the long bike ride with my friend this week! Looking forward to that and am not going to worry the hip unless it worries me. Then we'll see.

@Cornanda OMG - that puzzle looks brutal. I kinda, sort alike puzzles but this would drive me NUTS!
    @Deadpheonixrising hey that's nearly a half pound and is real weight - ok, honest? It's all real weight in my book! Congrats on the loss, every bit builds the foundation of your goal!!! => Awesome that you are helping your grandmother with the gardening - and you get the calorie boost! And great time spent with her and some funny family stories, let's hope. => I miss my grandmother - quite the drinker and stroyteller, in tandem.
    @TeresaW1020 wowieWOWwow!! I know it's unofficial, but I am celebrating your loss! You've set your mind to goals and are tearing them up - so happy for you!! <3
    @AustinRuadhain awwwwe, thanks - hubby and I are good partners! We have much to be grateful for in one another....and much to be patient about, in one another. It's a give and take kind of world.
    @trooworld so awesome about the spin bike seat! It makes all the difference when home equipment works as you want it to - it means you'll use it! Another avenue for exercise, YAY!!
    @katmary71 yay YOU for all of your hard work and mastering all you can! @AustinRuadhain is very correct - from the outside looking in, your actions in circumstances that are not exactly awesome are very inspiring. And that does not make it better - we know that. It just.....is. As your spirit has been indomitable - as your will has been consistent. And then you move on to adding herbs and working to perfect arms - it's the small steps that make stride. <3
    @digger61 what a fantastic day! Under 1500 cals and 40carbs is an accomplishment - way to go (HEALTHY YOU!)!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I love puzzles but that would be awful! I tried doing a wolf-shaped one with my nephews the other day when babysitting and it was really hard, I was the only one getting pieces so I finally challenged them to a plank competition to stop their complaining!

@AustinRuadhain @Raleighgirl09 Thank you for your kind comments!

Monday check-in
    Exercise- seated dance and cardio, yoga, foam rolling.
    Water- great!
    Calories- under

Cardio- done
    Weights- did yesterday, will do tomorrow
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- none planned but I invited my brother over for dinner. I'll either make something then or the next time I see the guy I'm dating, not sweating doing it every week right now, depends on if I can stand or chop stop sitting with legs elevated.
    Steps- this is crazy, 16,600 LOL, at least 12,000 from seated arm cardio, the stupid hip hop video kept calling to me.

Pretty good day, I don't feel as good as yesterday but still better than a couple days ago so that's a plus, I didn't think I was going to survive those days. The farmer's market woman contacted me that they had a leftover box today and I could get the yucky stuff out of it so I went to her house to pick it up. Well, I'd worked out for 3 hours! She was really excited to give me a tour of the farm so I didn't want to hurt her feelings and did it, then at the end like 2 blocks from my car she filled up my box with at least 20lbs of stuff and plopped it in my hands. It was up a slope, I was too prideful to admit I was struggling! I was chased by a car last weekend so I ordered a bunch of self-defense stuff that's on my key chain and pulled the cord on the personal alarm getting the box in the car and scared myself half to death. That's why I decided not to get a taser after reading in the reviews that someone tased themselves! I should think twice about the pepper spray too. Chicken breasts are awesome in the air fryer, I was hoping they'd be that good!

Hope you all are doing well, I've been disconnected this last month. I traumatized myself putting on a bathing suit. I've been getting a lot of compliments and DO think I look better than I did at 122 but I look awful in a bikini! Between that and doing a quick add of 10,000 just because I hadn't eaten enough to close my diary and seeing that I'd be 100lbs more in 5 weeks eating that much (I hadn't,, did it as it made me laugh at how shocked I'd be to see that in someone else's diary) has scared me, I've done really well the last couple days. I had to pop in my night Invisilign and hide in my room but I'm under!
This discussion has been closed.