MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda, holy moly that puzzle looks crazy hard!! All the pieces look exactly the same. I love a good challenge but NO thank you! :D

@raleighgirl09, thanks! I’m kinda celebrating my loss too and really hoping for a good Friday. I sure hope your hip gets better soon and that the chiropractor can ease your pain. Have fun on your bike ride! :)

@Katmary71, what a story about getting the food at the farm and then setting off your alarm. That is terrifying that someone chased you in your car! :o I’m glad you are OK! I once had a taser that DH bought me when I was going to night school. I was very glad I never had to use it.

Good morning! I woke up extra early with tons of energy and ready to tackle the day. First coffee, then a workout, followed by grocery shopping. It’s gloomy and looks like rain, which totally isn’t fitting my mood. I want sunshine!! B)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

Monday check-in
    Exercise- walking and weights
    Water- good
    Steps- over 16000
    Calories and macros under
    Tuesday goals are the same
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yes! I just couldn't tolerate it and absolutely HATED riding that bike. Now, it's a totally different experience!

@TeresaW1020 Stay safe!!!

@Cornanda Oh my gosh! That puzzle...that would be so hard!!! I couldn't do it.

@raleighgirl09 I hope you enjoy your long bike ride. Yes indeed, it does make all the difference!

@Katmary71 I have pepper spray and I don't keep it in my purse because I'm afraid I'll set it off on myself, too. I guess though what is the purpose of having it if I don't carry it with me? lol

Good morning everyone! Well, I did ride the spin bike for longer but I managed to severely pull a muscle in my left arm while riding it which led me to think I was possibly having a heart attack! lol Later in the day, I did a Teladoc appointment about the intense pain and she didn't do anything that comforted me, in fact, she said she thought I should be seen at urgent care to be evaluated for heart attack symptoms. So...I went to urgent care, was there for a couple of hours all to find out that I was not, in fact, having a heart attack but had pulled a muscle! lol By the time I got home, it was too late to cook dinner and I just had a smoothie for dinner so I guess there's the silver lining: I didn't go over my calories. That, and I wasn't having a heart attack lol.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: spin bike
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: don't hurt myself!, 52+ oz of water
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    afhsr2rhxr5k.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Slimpossibles Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

Our highest steppers for last week:
    1 - @Cornanda with 97,579 steps
    2 - @raleighgirl09 with 94,957 steps
    3 - @bethanie0825 with 66,007 steps
    4 - @TeresaW1020 with 35,957 steps
    5 - @Jactop with 35,889 steps
    Also on the move and logging some great step counts: @mrmcgrath , @KatMary71 , @lexabeep , @gwamajtw91 , @mlhopp63 , and @leonadixon !

Together we logged an astounding 536,190 steps last week! That's about 254 miles / 409 kilometers ! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON OUR LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Would a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? If so, join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit, Garmin, etc). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping and moving to everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MONDAY CHECK-IN: 🟢/🟡
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟡
    Monday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟡 Not zero, but did not get in 45 minutes.
    - Weights 🔴
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    - Meal planning, shopping, food prep 🟢
    TUESDAY GOALS
    So far, so good!
    Tuesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪ Jenny Ford, here I come!
    - Bonus Workout! ⚪ I have been inching my way up in a FitRockr fitness thing, and want to keep that up, so I'll be looking to get in some extra workout time today to even things out from yesterday!
    - Weights ⚪ Looking forward to a Pop Sugar "Get Madonna's arms" video today!
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪ And Adriene, gonna do yoga with Adriene today!
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🟢⚪⚪⚪⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪⚪⚪
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the garage and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Finish up food prep 🟡 Almost done!

@trooworld - Oh, my. What a day you had. I am SO sorry about the pulled muscle and SO GLAD it was that and not a heart attack. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    I think you might pat yourself on the back for having a smoothie and staying under calories after all that! I myself have been known to *ahem* find excuses to indulge, and that whole saga might have done it for me. So, pat that back if it seems appropriate. 👍🏽😄

@digger61 - Woohoo! What a great day you had! So many great choices to increase your health and fitness! You are doing so great! :sunglasses:

@TeresaW1020 - Zowie! You sound full of energy and excitement today! I love it! And I confess I stopped to think "What time zone is she in??" :heart: :smiley:

@KatMary71 - So sorry about the personal alarm and that tough walk with 20 pounds. Wait, you got chased by a car last weekend? Grrr. People can be such *ahem* jerks. And for what it's worth, I have had that same experience, more than once, both as a walker and as a cyclist. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    Super happy you found the great hip hop video. Have you shared the link to that one? I'll have to go look!

@raleighgirl09 - Enjoy that bike riding! I so hope your hip continues to behave! :heart:

@Cornanda - I am adding my voice as regards that crazy new puzzle! That looks off-the-chain hard -- super fun, I can see, for a puzzle lover. 😮
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Tuesday-

@trooworld Soooo glad you were not having a heart attack!
    @Katmary71 That is quite a story about your trip to the farm. I hope that you have rested your legs up a bit now.
    @TeresaW1020 - yes! Your determination is shining for everyone to see right now- it's awesome!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    s574n4aoma2v.jpg

In an effort to recognize accomplishments and celebrate more, beginning in JULY we will start using the format below for our weigh ins.

You will notice a new line at the bottom LOSS TO DATE or LTD -- THIS IS OPTIONAL! If you want to celebrate your victories, please include it. If you feel that it is TMI - just leave it off.

Here is our new format:

Beka3695*
    Saturday
    PW: 202.6
    CW:200.8
    LTD:41.2

LET THE CELEBRATIONS BEGIN!!!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Ask friends to join! Go out and post the link for July registration --
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest

If you are continuing, you do NOT need to register here - it is only for new people. Please post freely!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'm so glad you weren't having a heart attack! Take good care of yourself!

@AustinRuadhain Fitrckr dumped me again, I don't know why that happens all the time but I just looked through my mail and haven't received anything for a few weeks so I have no idea how long it's been. I don't mind so much as far as among us, more for our group competition against others. THEN I want my exercise to count for something because it's our team vs others and we're awesome!

@AustinRuadhain Aw shucks, you know I HATE sharing videos! You totally made my day, I've posted it before but I'd be more than happy to do it again, it's the only one that has enough arm stuff to make it worth it. I may have made the mistake of doing it at the end of my cardio latelyand have done it 8 times in the last two days. Of course now I'll see the video and want to do it again!
    https://youtu.be/s9R8gxKLPEo
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- hip hop arms, Pahla B arms, boxing arms, arm weights, yoga, foam rolling
    Water- so-so
    Calories- under

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga- done
    Recipe- nothing today, making that giant parm turkey meatball for dinner tomorrow night for my brother.
    Steps- 18, 300

Had an appointment in the city and decided I'd try the stairs to see if I could do them instead of the elevator. Well, I shouldn't have done them but they were easier than the last time I did them. Came home and stupidly walked to the mailbox and back so now I'm paying for it. I probably shouldn't do the hip hop video so many times, I just re-watched his upper body only and can see why my nerves are flared up.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Looks like people are doing really good so far this week :smile: Me included! I'm doing the zigzag counting, so I'm at 1200 during the week. Today I ended at 1199! Ha!

I decided to try Purple Carrot and got my first shipment yesterday. Today I made Seitan Shawarma Flatbreads and I can't believe one serving was 38g of protein! I should feel full for quite some time.
    zuf0wltbrvpg.jpg

I know this is on flatbread, but you eat it taco style. And I'm always up for new taco style recipes. Anyone want to share any plant based ones for me to try?
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Welp - another week in the making! I hope everyone is have a good crest up the hill toward Wednesday! =>

Quick check in before bed, getting up early tomorrow so I can get a walk in early. Have work-search stuff to follow up on and then chiropracter and my Ma....driveway visit.

Good day, today! Cals under, water and sleep on target (trying to have it on target for tomorrow, too!!), two very good walks with nearly 19,000 steps; hip pain was minimal, there is no predicting it. I feel on a mission to put all of the pieces together to get through the home stretch of 170 by my birthday, kinda like this is my final exam for the weight loss course, losing the last bit of weight. I think about 15 or so pounds from where I am now. I am waiting to weigh until Thursday so - yeah - we'll just all be surprised together, loss, gain or maintain. I'm also coming up on a year on the Slimpossibles so....really a lot in my head.

I didn't say this on Facebook - but I've given up Facebook for a bit. I liked it when it was fun and fluffy instead of politics and discourse. Bah, who needs that? I'm spending time on educating myself on racism and on being more active with those I am connected to on MFP - here and the friends list. I'd rather give some love to me and being a better person with wider eyes and a wider perspective.....and for giving support and being some good in someone's day and journey.

Be well, friends and goodnight - tomorrow is hump day! => B)

Maria
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check In

Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 233
    Current - 234

We celebrated Father's Day and I ate some awesome salty food and homemade cheesecake. I was expecting worse actually lol. It was already coming down during the day so onto the next week!!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Monday
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walking
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: more walking and weights
    Steps almost 15000
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yes, I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack either! I did want to stop at fast food because I was starving, it was 8:30 p.m. by the time I got out of urgent care, but I did not stop, I kept going straight home and made that smoothie.

@Cornanda Thanks, me too! Heart disease/strokes run in my family so it was a legit concern.

@Katmary71 Thanks, me too, it was a wake-up call to get this weight off so that obesity is not a risk factor for it!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow, you ended the day right on target woo hoo! I love seitan. Here's a vegan recipe I've been meaning to try, it's Quinoa Black Bean Tacos with Creamy Avocado Sauce https://cookieandkate.com/2015/quinoa-black-bean-tacos-recipe/ Let me know if you end up trying it how it is.

@raleighgirl09 I know what you mean about Facebook. I rarely go on there now. It's so...toxic? I hear you and agree. Have a good day!

Hello all! I had a pretty good day yesterday. No exercise due to the pulled arm muscle, but stayed under my points for the day and had a good dinner: made Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu with a side of quinoa. Added some edamame and steamed veggies to the tofu to bulk up the dish. It was delicious. Here's the recipe, if anyone is interested: https://skinnysouthernrecipes.com/air-fryer-chili-garlic-tofu/

Tuesday
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: stay within my points, 52+ oz of water
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @trooworld @vegan4lyfe2012- wow, your recipes look and sound delish! Happy Cooking!
    @Katmary71- Hip hop! I'm such a bad dancer, but that looks fun!
    @raleigh_girl - I'm with you on the Facebook. I haven't stopped doing it, but just this morning I was thinking it rarely provides any joy right now and often makes me cheesed off. Besides the politics, I've noticed people are more apt to argue in the comments lately. It's been a tough time for our country- and I think we are all worn out. I'm going to try to work up the nerve to take a break too.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71, I watched that hip-hop video and am VERY impressed with anyone who can do that! I am the worst at following instructions like what he gives. I once went to a Zumba class and I looked such a dork. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012, that flatbread looks very tasty!! So glad to read that you are having a good week! Keep it up. :)

@raleighgirl09, I always love reading all that is your head. Wow, a year already on the team. I think I might be going on two years. My how times fly! :) I hear you about needing to give up FB for awhile. I do pretty well on there because most of my groups have rules where the political posts aren't allowed. My issue is that I watch wayyyy too much news, which I’ve laid off greatly this week for more podcast listening and I feel much calmer. :)

@bethanie0825, yup overly salty foods will have my weight every single time. You will have a good week next week. :)

@digger61, good job on your goals!! B)

@trooworld, glad that you are resting your arm. That dinner sounds….interesting. :grin: Actually if I could put that seasoning on some chicken I would totally make it.

@Cornanda, you are right that it’s been a tough time for the country. We all need to calm down and spend a little more time loving each other and less time picking fights. :)

Hi everyone! Well, yesterday I broke my fast at 19 hours because I was hungry and caved to my impulses to eat. I ended up eating more than I should have and shared a bottle of wine with hubby as we watched a movie. So, I didn’t eat all day until dinner, which was almost 21 hours. I almost ate earlier because I really was getting hungry but then I got the call that my ring was ready and of course had to hurry and get ready and go get it!

This ring is very special. The opals belonged in a ring that was my husband’s mother who wanted me to have it when she passed away. The ring was in gold and way too small for my hands, so it sat in my jewelry box only to be admired. Well for our 15th anniversary of the day we met, DH took me to our favorite jewelry store and we custom made this ring. I am so very pleased with how it turned out and will cherish it as much as I do my wedding ring. Of course, I have to show it off but my hands look really old in pictures so you all get to see it in the box! :grin:

iejkmnjhh12z.jpg

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Greetings Slimpossibles! You have the first new member to sign up for the JULY challenge: @melissa2013m

They will join you soon, I hope! Enjoy :smiley:
  • raleighgirl09
    edited June 2020
    Options

This ring is very special. The opals belonged in a ring that was my husband’s mother who wanted me to have it when she passed away. The ring was in gold and way too small for my hands, so it sat in my jewelry box only to be admired. Well for our 15th anniversary of the day we met, DH took me to our favorite jewelry store and we custom made this ring. I am so very pleased with how it turned out and will cherish it as much as I do my wedding ring. Of course, I have to show it off but my hands look really old in pictures so you all get to see it in the box! :grin:

iejkmnjhh12z.jpg

@TeresaW1020 those hands have taken you through life - loving others, cherishing, caressing, working, puzzling; hands held to crying eyes and hands to hold trembling shoulders. What a precious gift from hubby to you, it's absolutely gorgeous.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

Zowie, tired today! Chiro was somewhat torturous - I was in pain when I went to and then being pretzeled and twisted and crunched wasn't necessarily fun. So hoping tomorrow it is less painful and maybe I get a few days off...? That happened last week after going, maybe this week as well. Most of the week I have done less walking and exertion so I am hoping that will pay off. I know some folks will know exactly what I mean when I say that pain is actually physically exhausting.

Cals were over - on top of adjusting them for the weight lost in the last few months....it had been awhile since I had done that and it always yanks calories out from under me. Water was under - sleep was not on target, alcohol was a normal amount and not abstained. All of this can many times be a recipe for trouble but it wasn't, these were just circumstances of my day and I basically just did my usual - with some extra calories but not tremendous and not like a buttnick. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and today wasn't a bad day, so it's good to keep perspective.

@katmary71 I'm a bit late to the party but I am so glad that Monday was a good day!! You know - I get it. One good day inspires the will of the spirit and can sometimes tax the flesh. When this happens - take heart that you were inspired and driven; may the drive always be there. <3 And - um - this might be inappropraite but your story (not about the car, that was awful) about all the things stacking up was presented somewhat comically and had me chuckle! I think you often have the ability to see an up side or at least a lighter side to the bullcrap! Reminds me of me because, well, with the human condition, I sometimes wonder that we even have any choice.
    @TeresaW1020 hey, I bet there are times in anyone's life of fasting that the body may take over and need to eat sooner - or is that wishful thinking on my part? No worries friend, you know how to get back on that horse! And hey - I might be needing some of that extra energy you had!! Buddy can ya spare a dime??? B) Haha, not sure how folks can watch the news - it totally stresses me out and I gave it up many years ago. I typically follow that up with "I'm sure that makes me a not-great citizen" and I do feel that's true. But I just.....can't. Even. For me - the stress is not worth it; I figure I'll hear about anything big and everything else can just slip under the bridge.
    @trooworld hey man, be careful!! WOW, what a scary thing and to echo others, so glad it was "only" a pulled muscle! Your recipe looks amazing and, interestingly, when I went to view it, I saw another recipe for air fried pickle chips (YES - I always fall down a rabbit hole of food vids and recipes!!! And YES - I love fried pickle chips!) and I almost wanted to order one of these just for THAT reason!! Pretty awesome that in the moment of late night storm clouds of possible food doom gathering - you chose a smoothie and let it go. That, my friend, is inspiring.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 oh wow, that flatbread meal looks UHHHHmazing!!
    @bethanie0825 yeah, it happens - but you've got this, it's already in the spin cycle!
    @digger61 dude, just seriously plugging along, you are doing AWESOME!
    @Cornanda funny you should mention the comments. Yeah, and it can be depressing. I've noticed in general that internet comments go from 'oh yeah' to YO MOMMA, EMMEFFER like - super quick. That kinda stuff sucks the wind from my sails.
This discussion has been closed.