• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 15 minute walk plus lots of 5 minute walks
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/6 10,702

My Fitbit broke yesterday. Somehow I broke the pins on the back for charging. My husband is going to pick me up one today. I have the ionic right now and I don’t use everything on it. I am going to get the charge hr 4.

I am starting to feel antsy being cooped up in the apartment. My breathing is much better today so I hope in a few days I will be out again.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 20 minutes and 5 minutes every hour
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Bed by 10 pm

I hope you sorted out your Fitbit problem. I know when I broke I had to go they same day to get a new one. I felt naked without mine and was a bit off because I couldn’t track my steps. I hope you w managed to get out of the apartment❤️
    Yesterday 12.239 steps

Gotcha!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week2
    P. W. 254
    C. W. 254

Steady. It will start coming down again real soon! Hope your knees are doing better 💪🏻
    P.W 182.4
    C.W 180.4

I forgot my watch at home a few times this week.

STEPS
    6/1 13152
    6/2 4008
    6/3 5115
    6/4 3623
    6/5 3352
    6/6 9438

Great loss this seek! I’ve got your steps in for you. Have a wonderful week.
    Check in Saturday June 6

Steps - 11,446
    Calories - Under
    Water - Fail

Alright let’s get the water sorted out this week. Everything else in on point 💪🏻
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Weigh-In:
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Previous weight: 197lbs
    Current weight: 198.4 (bad fail day, yesterday I actually hit 191!)

Steps:
    • Monday June 1: 6 498
    • Tuesday June 2: 11 255
    • Wednesday June 3: 7 099
    • Thursday June 4: 7 658
    • Friday June 5: 4 220
    • Saturday June 6: 16 605
    • Sunday June 7: 13 909 (will adjust final number tomorrow)

Jump Rope Challenge: 4 minutes

Weekly Sumup:
    It was a great and a terrible week, I stuck to my workouts and didn't drink until Thursday when I decided to have wine instead of dinner (I wasn't hungry but felt like a tipple) and completely overdid it. Friday I was very hungover and for some reason decided it would be a great idea to have Mcdonald's, then I decided to not work out that day and friends took me to a bar and we ended up having Chinese for dinner. Saturday I hopped back on the wagon and worked out, and today I also finished a 100-minute workout so I kinda made up for it, but I need to really watch myself and not let it get out of control. Wine in moderation moving forward, and better planning.

Goals for next week:
    • Try 16/8 for a few days and see how it feels
    • Get a handle on the drinking (isn't as bad as it sounds)
    • Run 15k or more

Got your steps in and well done with the jump rope challenge. Don’t worry about the gain. Once your body is back on track and you’ve eliminated the sodium and alcohol it will come right back down. Let me know how IF works out for you.
    Weigh-In:
    Username: charlottemilton
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 233
    Current weight: 229.5

Super hot right now and the air is out in the truck. so of course I needed to hook up the trailer, drive to the closest campground and dump our holding tanks that we have avoided dumping since our last camping trip. I don't remember why we couldn't dump earlier, but today was the designated day. Thermometer read 99 degrees (that is 37.2 C for the rest of the world) in the shade. I am just starting to feel hot instead of like passing out. Drank more than a quart of water and a frozen raspberry popsicle helped.

Second good week in a row. My stall has really broken. Yeah! More than halfway to wonderland now. I definitely need to get some new jeans. Mine fell off twice today, thankfully not in public. Guess that is on my list for this week. It will have to be Target or Walmart as those are the only stores with clothes open here I think. I don't know if I need to go down one size or two to make them so they don't fall down. At least I won't be spending much since I hope to shrink out of them before they wear out.

Goals for this week:
    1. Get see if topping up the air conditioner with whatever they use for Freon these days fixes the problem. If not, make an appointment to get it fixed which will be many more $$ than just a top up.
    2. Remember to take my meds an hour before eating so my stomach doesn't erode again and start hurting.
    3. Don't eat too many foods not on my approved list. Doctor said I could start slowly adding more into my diet but go easy especially on the acidic ones.
    4. Stay under my calorie count except for next Saturday, Hubby's birthday party. (A life happens event
      --shouldn't bee to much over as my oldest has offered to make him his favorite fajitas.)

wow! Well done with your loss this week. 💪🏻 You’ve been doing so good and I’m sure onederland will be here before you know it. Good luck with this weeks goals!
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Sunday Check In!
    SW 168.9
    PW 167.0
    CW 166.6

Doing good on limiting processed foods
    I have a few new meals on deck for the week
    Looking forward to more intensity in my workouts and longer walks this week
    Goals: Log all food; stay under calories for the day
    6 days of workout/walking minimum

You le weight bliss is going down consistently. Whatever you are doing it’s working! Good luck with your goals this week 💪🏻
    STEPS
    6/7 13848

Food choices have been bad all day. Left over sausage spaghetti for breakfast, yogurt, nuts cheese, ham and a muffin top from Dutch bros. and a golden eagle with soft top. Then on the way home I got 🐼 express🤪 sooooo bad and a short day so I didnt burn enough calories for all that. Ill do better tomorrow.

Got your steps in. Not all days can be perfect. It happened now back on it today. We’ve got this Michelle. 💪🏻
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/7 steps 13741

Gotcha!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    P.W 182.4
    C.W 180.4

I forgot my watch at home a few times this week.

STEPS
    6/1 13152
    6/2 4008
    6/3 5115
    6/4 3623
    6/5 3352
    6/6 9438

Great job on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Weigh-In:
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 197lbs
    Current weight: 198.4 (bad fail day, yesterday I actually hit 191!)

Steps:
    • Monday June 1: 6 498
    • Tuesday June 2: 11 255
    • Wednesday June 3: 7 099
    • Thursday June 4: 7 658
    • Friday June 5: 4 220
    • Saturday June 6: 16 605
    • Sunday June 7: 13 909 (will adjust final number tomorrow)

Jump Rope Challenge: 4 minutes

Weekly Sumup:
    It was a great and a terrible week, I stuck to my workouts and didn't drink until Thursday when I decided to have wine instead of dinner (I wasn't hungry but felt like a tipple) and completely overdid it. Friday I was very hungover and for some reason decided it would be a great idea to have Mcdonald's, then I decided to not work out that day and friends took me to a bar and we ended up having Chinese for dinner. Saturday I hopped back on the wagon and worked out, and today I also finished a 100-minute workout so I kinda made up for it, but I need to really watch myself and not let it get out of control. Wine in moderation moving forward, and better planning.

Goals for next week:
    • Try 16/8 for a few days and see how it feels
    • Get a handle on the drinking (isn't as bad as it sounds)
    • Run 15k or more

Sounds like you are retaining lots of water. You have a great plan for the week. I found for myself the IF really got my weight loss started again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: charlottemilton
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 233
    Current weight: 229.5

Super hot right now and the air is out in the truck. so of course I needed to hook up the trailer, drive to the closest campground and dump our holding tanks that we have avoided dumping since our last camping trip. I don't remember why we couldn't dump earlier, but today was the designated day. Thermometer read 99 degrees (that is 37.2 C for the rest of the world) in the shade. I am just starting to feel hot instead of like passing out. Drank more than a quart of water and a frozen raspberry popsicle helped.

Second good week in a row. My stall has really broken. Yeah! More than halfway to wonderland now. I definitely need to get some new jeans. Mine fell off twice today, thankfully not in public. Guess that is on my list for this week. It will have to be Target or Walmart as those are the only stores with clothes open here I think. I don't know if I need to go down one size or two to make them so they don't fall down. At least I won't be spending much since I hope to shrink out of them before they wear out.

Goals for this week:
    1. Get see if topping up the air conditioner with whatever they use for Freon these days fixes the problem. If not, make an appointment to get it fixed which will be many more $$ than just a top up.
    2. Remember to take my meds an hour before eating so my stomach doesn't erode again and start hurting.
    3. Don't eat too many foods not on my approved list. Doctor said I could start slowly adding more into my diet but go easy especially on the acidic ones.
    4. Stay under my calorie count except for next Saturday, Hubby's birthday party. (A life happens event
      --shouldn't bee to much over as my oldest has offered to make him his favorite fajitas.)

You are on fire 🔥 with your weight loss! That is hot. I hope you get the air conditioning fixed soon. Good luck with your week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Sunday, June 07

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Jumping Fitness ✔️
    •Water: 1.5 L ❌
    •Steps: 10,957 ✔️

A new week is here and I’ve already messed up lol. Yesterday was a nice day. We spent the afternoon with my friend and her family. They prepared a Moroccan couscous for us and it was so so yummy. We ate it Moroccan style which means we all ate out do the same dish so I’ve no idea how much I ate. I do know I stopped before my “oops I ate too much” hiccups started so all good.

I was planing on going to the gym this morning but I woke up too late. I woke up at 5 and thought ok good I have another hour. Next Thing I knew it was almost 8 am. Ugh. I’m making sure i put my alarm on for tomorrow. Tonight is Zumba for me which is an extra 30 minutes longer than usual. I’m looking forward to a great burn.

Wishing you all a marvelous Monday!!

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

I just hate sleeping in. Seems like when I want to sleep in I can’t and when I need to get up I sleep in.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Way to go Downsizers, we are number 1 this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
    Water:✅

Steps 6/7 10,660

I got my Fitbit yesterday. The charge 4 is a lot different than the ionic. I will get used to it. I am going to take sometime today just to get used to the features on this one.

I walked inside for 25 minutes. It was a bit rough on the breathing but nothing my puffers and some rest won’t take care of. I am going to walk for 5 minutes every hour too.

My weight is up 1.4 pounds after the weekend. I had a lot of sodium In my food Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Going to be aware of that this week. I am back to doing IF as I got off track on the weekend with the fasting.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 25 minutes ✅
    2. Walk 5 minutes every hour until hubby gets home
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Way to go Downsizers, we are number 1 this week!

Wooo hooooo 🎉🥳🥳🥳 well done downsizes!
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
    Water:✅

Steps 6/7 10,660

I got my Fitbit yesterday. The charge 4 is a lot different than the ionic. I will get used to it. I am going to take sometime today just to get used to the features on this one.

I walked inside for 25 minutes. It was a bit rough on the breathing but nothing my puffers and some rest won’t take care of. I am going to walk for 5 minutes every hour too.

My weight is up 1.4 pounds after the weekend. I had a lot of sodium In my food Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Going to be aware of that this week. I am back to doing IF as I got off track on the weekend with the fasting.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 25 minutes ✅
    2. Walk 5 minutes every hour until hubby gets home
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water

yay for the new Fitbit. You will get used to it fast enough! Good job with that indoor walk. Every step counts! I’m glad IF is working for you. I want to get back to it again but one change at a time works best for me. This week I need to get back to the gym.
    I just want thank @mari_moulin for being so inspiring! I appreciate all your work on this group! I find it hard to remember to log in most days but you are here no matter what. Thank you!! You make me want to log in, even if its just to see what you have to say.

Thank you Michelle. I do try to be here everyday but I have my days where I struggle to check in. I’m glad to be here and that I always come back to such understanding and encouraging teammates. This journey would be so much harder if I didn’t have my MFP family. 🥰

• mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh sakes! I have learned a lot over the last week. I will try to keep this brief but I cannot tell the future. We'll see. Also, I realize there are a lot of people who already know this information but I needed to find it for myself.

I got stuck. I was/am so frustrated with my lack of progress over the last 6 months that I found myself sitting in my room ready to cry. This was last week. So I decided that I could sit there and cry but afterwards, I needed to pull myself together and work on a solution. I looked up Ted Talks on weight loss and found some interesting things but all of them said the same thing "calories in vs calories out". But that hasn't been working! Hence my frustration. I kept my calorie limit to 1200 and started including regular exercise. I gained weight (and no, it wasn't muscle). I literally got fatter. During my Ted Talk extravaganza, I ran across another Ted Talk that didn't necessarily have to do with weight, but with getting what you want. I watched it and I am not sure if I was angry or inspired or more frustrated. It did spark something, though. I did some research on the woman doing the talk, Mel Robbins. Her talk was labeled "How to stop screwing yourself over". She may piss me off (because sometimes the truth hurts) but I love her! I bought her book, Stop Saying you're Fine, and have been reading it over the last couple days. It has re-energized me to stop trying the same old thing because it's not working! It has given me perspective.

I turned my research to nutrition and diet. I found out that I wasn't eating enough. Seriously. I also found out that carbs (specifically simple carbs/sugars) are the bane of the body. To avoid this being an entire book, I will simply say that the end result of my research said to change how I was eating. I lowered my carb intake to 100 g/day and upped my fat intake to compensate. I upped my calorie allowance to 1400/day. Here is what happened:

1) Lost 2.5 lbs of water weight overnight. Apparently, heavy carbs can cause you to hold on to sodium which will make you bloat and retain water.
    2) My leg and joint pain disappeared. I have had joint and leg pain and inflammation for over a decade. It just went away. I cannot explain how nice it feels
    3) I slept better than I've slept in a long time. I got a full 8 hrs and didn't have to get up to pee every hour.
    4) My energy levels have gone crazy. I have so much more energy than I usually do.
    5) My cravings are pretty intense since I've only been doing this for a couple days BUT I'm not hungry. Not being hungry helps tremendously in controlling the cravings.
    6) I'm actually finding it difficult to reach my calorie goal because I'm so full.
    7) Also, and this seems like a weird thing to mention, but my hands and feet aren't cold. This is a new sensation for me. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the change in diet but I haven't figured that one out just yet.

I am NOT doing Keto. I refuse to go below 100g of carbs per day as the brain needs carbs to function. I am sticking with healthy carbs like veggies and some fruit. I do not need my brain to be foggy.

I've included links to the Ted Talk and the book, if you're interested.

Ted Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/mel_robbins_how_to_stop_screwing_yourself_over?language=en
    Book: https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Saying-Youre-Fine-Getting/dp/0307716732

Most of the reason for me posting this was to remind myself, when I'm questioning why I'm doing this, of all the positives that come with healthy life changes. If it manages to help someone else as well, bonus!
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    And my weigh in. While not what I was hoping it would be at this point, I honestly feel like I've turned things around. Next week will be better!
    Also, I think I skipped a week. Whoops! Sorry.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 06/08/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 210.3
    Current weight: 211
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps for Sunday, June 7th: 5,250

I wish I could be more upset that I barely passed half of the steps that I’m usually aiming for, but I had a beautiful day at the beach with my 16 year old niece. 😊 I kept my calories in check, though!
  • kyfrancik
    kyfrancik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CW - 192.0
    PW - 191.0
    I’m a little frustrated with myself. I need to refocus, track my food, and stop snacking at night.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Steps
    6/7 13975
    6/8
    🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁
  • mari_moulin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, June 08

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Zumba Fitness ✅
    •Water: 2.650L ✅
    •Steps: 19,446 ✅

Yes!! Reached all my goals yesterday!! Good morning team! I am feeling so good right now. I’m sitting here catching up with you all, just had my breakfast (homemade English muffin with 1/4 of an avocado and 2 eggs topped with hot sauce) and sipping my coffee feeling very proud and happy. I’ve just gotten home from my first gym session since it was shut down for confinement. I was there at 6 am and was alone for almost an hour. It felt so good to do my run on the treadmill and to finally do some weight training. I have a feeling I’ll be very sore this week and I might have a gain due to muscle repair. I don’t care. I am so happy I’m finally back. I also did Zumba last night. It was an hour and a half that was cut a bit short cause we got rained on towards the end but it was amazing. I feel like I am finally back to where I’m confortable when it comes to workouts. Now to get my eating back on track. I will do my best to track it all and check in each night. I also need to drink all the water cause I haven’t been drinking enough these past couple of weeks.

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • irunforfun2
    irunforfun2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    total steps 11,190 today. logged my food. went for a short walk. a little sore from yesterday's strength training at the gym. Soooo glad the gym is finally open!
  • mari_moulin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Oh sakes! I have learned a lot over the last week. I will try to keep this brief but I cannot tell the future. We'll see. Also, I realize there are a lot of people who already know this information but I needed to find it for myself.

I got stuck. I was/am so frustrated with my lack of progress over the last 6 months that I found myself sitting in my room ready to cry. This was last week. So I decided that I could sit there and cry but afterwards, I needed to pull myself together and work on a solution. I looked up Ted Talks on weight loss and found some interesting things but all of them said the same thing "calories in vs calories out". But that hasn't been working! Hence my frustration. I kept my calorie limit to 1200 and started including regular exercise. I gained weight (and no, it wasn't muscle). I literally got fatter. During my Ted Talk extravaganza, I ran across another Ted Talk that didn't necessarily have to do with weight, but with getting what you want. I watched it and I am not sure if I was angry or inspired or more frustrated. It did spark something, though. I did some research on the woman doing the talk, Mel Robbins. Her talk was labeled "How to stop screwing yourself over". She may piss me off (because sometimes the truth hurts) but I love her! I bought her book, Stop Saying you're Fine, and have been reading it over the last couple days. It has re-energized me to stop trying the same old thing because it's not working! It has given me perspective.

I turned my research to nutrition and diet. I found out that I wasn't eating enough. Seriously. I also found out that carbs (specifically simple carbs/sugars) are the bane of the body. To avoid this being an entire book, I will simply say that the end result of my research said to change how I was eating. I lowered my carb intake to 100 g/day and upped my fat intake to compensate. I upped my calorie allowance to 1400/day. Here is what happened:

1) Lost 2.5 lbs of water weight overnight. Apparently, heavy carbs can cause you to hold on to sodium which will make you bloat and retain water.
    2) My leg and joint pain disappeared. I have had joint and leg pain and inflammation for over a decade. It just went away. I cannot explain how nice it feels
    3) I slept better than I've slept in a long time. I got a full 8 hrs and didn't have to get up to pee every hour.
    4) My energy levels have gone crazy. I have so much more energy than I usually do.
    5) My cravings are pretty intense since I've only been doing this for a couple days BUT I'm not hungry. Not being hungry helps tremendously in controlling the cravings.
    6) I'm actually finding it difficult to reach my calorie goal because I'm so full.
    7) Also, and this seems like a weird thing to mention, but my hands and feet aren't cold. This is a new sensation for me. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the change in diet but I haven't figured that one out just yet.

I am NOT doing Keto. I refuse to go below 100g of carbs per day as the brain needs carbs to function. I am sticking with healthy carbs like veggies and some fruit. I do not need my brain to be foggy.

I've included links to the Ted Talk and the book, if you're interested.

Ted Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/mel_robbins_how_to_stop_screwing_yourself_over?language=en
    Book: https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Saying-Youre-Fine-Getting/dp/0307716732

Most of the reason for me posting this was to remind myself, when I'm questioning why I'm doing this, of all the positives that come with healthy life changes. If it manages to help someone else as well, bonus!

Wow I absolutely love this post. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone and for sharing the links so we can go see for ourselves what you discovered. I am always saying that people aren’t eating enough when they are in a plateau and eating at 1200 Calories or less. It’s something I learned the hard way. My trainer told me earlier this year that I was pretty much starving myself and I was running on fumes. As soon as I upped my calories my weight started coming down and I was feeling so much more energy. This is such important information that can benefit everyone here. I know different things work for everyone but I am a firm believer in CICO and in eating the right amount of good whole and nutritious foods. Thank you so very much for sharing. ❤️
    mellane30 wrote: »
    And my weigh in. While not what I was hoping it would be at this point, I honestly feel like I've turned things around. Next week will be better!
    Also, I think I skipped a week. Whoops! Sorry.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 06/08/2020
    Weighin Day: Monday
    Previous weight: 210.3
    Current weight: 211

Yes💪🏻! I am feeling very proud of you and know that this is where things turn around. I cannot wait to see your results!
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Sunday, June 7th: 5,250

I wish I could be more upset that I barely passed half of the steps that I’m usually aiming for, but I had a beautiful day at the beach with my 16 year old niece. 😊 I kept my calories in check, though!

It sounds like you had a lovely day and well worth it. You are doing great and have a whole day to catch up💪🏻
    kyfrancik wrote: »
    CW - 192.0
    PW - 191.0
    I’m a little frustrated with myself. I need to refocus, track my food, and stop snacking at night.

You are doing great. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Just keep your eye on the prize. Setbacks happen but we keep pushing forwards. 💪🏻
    Steps
    6/7 13975
    6/8
    🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Wowza!! 🤩 well done!! your feet must be throbbing! Way to show the rest of us how it’s done! 💪🏻

• mari_moulin
    Options
    total steps 11,190 today. logged my food. went for a short walk. a little sore from yesterday's strength training at the gym. Soooo glad the gym is finally open!

Got your steps. If you have the ones for your missing days just let me know and I’ll add them in. They are in the same spreadsheet as our weigh-ins. Just scroll down to the step challenge section and see what days are missing.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

JUNE WEEK 1 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 726,949 STEPS
    (previous week was 625,512)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@destiny_sierra - 104,551 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 99,662 steps
    @Marigorringo - 82,920 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!
This discussion has been closed.