DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Ok folks here’s my check in and the jump rope challenge status. First, jumping: it’s possible I missed some posts, or I see other people saying they had trouble with posts not working, but for the week of June 4th to June 10th I have this leaderboard:

@888Angie888 2 minutes
    @metonymicalinsanity
    @mari_moulin
    @19shmoo69
    @Piqueaboo

Congratulations Angie!

And for the current week (June 11th to 17th):

@Piqueaboo 3 minutes
    @888Angie888 2 minutes
    @metonymicalinsanity
    @mari_moulin
    @19shmoo69

Now my weigh in:
    305.8 lbs for 6/13

It’s been a rough week and a half. Not that I couldn’t have done a better job, but here’s why I’m struggling. The temperature was ugly. Consistently in the 90s (F) and humid. So my energy to go walking in the evening has completely tanked. Some things have also started to open up from the coronavirus but NOT the gym which means I can’t swim or work out in the comfort of the air conditioning. But I can get frozen ice cream and pizza! I did go for a few long walks, but I felt so sluggish after that I just wanted to lounge around and eat snacks and drink lemonade. And today to top it off I went for a long drive (to visit family) which means I was driving in the car and eating fast food. 😱
    I’m planning to start working out again this week and logging all my food. But I don’t feel like it right now.

I am sorry you have had a rough time. Heat and humidity is the worst. Before I got sick I was working on getting up early in the mornings and doing my walk first thing. I don’t know if this is possible for you. I know here we are soon get in to days where the humidity doesn’t break at night so I will be just making sure I get lots of indoor walks. Maybe with the treats you can set aside one day to have pizza. I do that with my potato chips and I look forward to it all week. Keep trying everyday and you will get your drive back.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week 3
    P. W. 254
    C. W. 251

6/13 steps 20275

Awesome loss this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 41 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/13 14,647

Yesterday is the first Saturday in awhile that I stayed under calories. My weight is up .4 of a pound but I had a lot of sodium on Friday. My eating today will not be the best. We are having a bbq at my daughters for my birthday. My son will be there too. They have opened up social bubbles here so you can create a bubble of 10 people you can gather with without social distancing. I haven’t seen my son since this started. My daughter is making me chocolate cheesecake. Cheesecake is my favourite and she is a very good baker.

Yesterday I got myself a ticket to Scotland. I am going in October for 2 weeks for my youngest granddaughters 1st birthday. Hopefully, we will be able to travel by then. If not I can change the tickets to a different date.

I plan on a 30 minute walk today. My oldest granddaughter stayed over last night so I am going to see if she wants to come along.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. Don’t go crazy on the food today
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Bed by 10 pm
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello not quite the week I wanted as my fitbit went t**ts up and my hayfever was mental.
    So here goes ....
    SW...222.4lbs
    CW...219lbs
    I think I stayed the same this week.
    Steps that managed to get recorded by my fitbit 19715 maybe an extra 7000 but deffo no more as tried to stay indoors.
    Back to work a week today and I cant wait as it's been a very long and stressful 6weeks. But onwards and upwards.
    Well done to all who lost, gained or stayed the same ❤❤
    Have a good people xx
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm up a little.. im in a bounce right now.. back and forth with 180 and 182. Not drinking enough water.

PW 180.4
    CW 182.2

Steps
    6/13 20013

Goals
    Drink more water 84 oz a day
    Eat better
    Get of work work out going.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    vaa96gojcw1o.png

Hello everyone! We are still looking for a couple of motivators to help keep up team activity and motivation.

We are looking for active, motivated, consistent individuals to help your team through the new month.

What do you need to do? Well here it is...

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:

* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

Let Linda or I know if you are interested in helping out your team. ❤️

04lg8k2h2smc.jpeg
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    charlottemilton
    Sunday
    Week 3
    PW 229.5
    CW 230

I know my eating is to blame for being up. We celebrated hubby's birthday yesterday but truly I wasn't good much of the week. Busy week and I didn't manage to log everything and ate too much sugar.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Steps: 13 June 9.362 steps
    14 June 13.770 steps
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    PW 166.6
    CW 167.2
    Not heading in the right direction! I need to do better drinking water!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Sunday, June 14

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Sunday Funday Walk ✅
    •Water: 2L ✅
    •Steps: 15,023 ✅

It’s a new Week Teammates. Fingers crossed the app is less glitchy this week and we get to hear more from you all as the week progresses.

I had a nice weekend but did quite a bit of eating and not much calorie counting. We were once again invited to a friends house for lunch on Sunday where we once again ate Moroccan food. We are out of the same dish so I was unable to accurately see how much food I ate myself. I do know that I made an effort to eat less than last week because I hate feeling that full.

This morning I got myself back to the gym and I also have Zumba class tonight. I hope that today I can burn off all this extra calories I had over the weekend. I wish you all a kick *kitten* week! 💪🏻❤️👍🏻

June goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 41 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 6/13 14,647

Yesterday is the first Saturday in awhile that I stayed under calories. My weight is up .4 of a pound but I had a lot of sodium on Friday. My eating today will not be the best. We are having a bbq at my daughters for my birthday. My son will be there too. They have opened up social bubbles here so you can create a bubble of 10 people you can gather with without social distancing. I haven’t seen my son since this started. My daughter is making me chocolate cheesecake. Cheesecake is my favourite and she is a very good baker.

Yesterday I got myself a ticket to Scotland. I am going in October for 2 weeks for my youngest granddaughters 1st birthday. Hopefully, we will be able to travel by then. If not I can change the tickets to a different date.

I plan on a 30 minute walk today. My oldest granddaughter stayed over last night so I am going to see if she wants to come along.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. Don’t go crazy on the food today
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Bed by 10 pm

Awesome job staying under on a Saturday! I hope you enjoyed your weekend with your family for your birthday. Cheesecake is also my favorite ❤️😋 Happy Birthday Linda!!
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello not quite the week I wanted as my fitbit went t**ts up and my hayfever was mental.
    So here goes ....
    SW...222.4lbs
    CW...219lbs
    Steps that managed to get recorded by my fitbit 19715 maybe an extra 7000 but deffo no more as tried to stay indoors.
    Back to work a week today and I cant wait as it's been a very long and stressful 6weeks. But onwards and upwards.
    Have a good people xx

I added your steps in. Hope you manage to get another Fitbit or that you can get yours repaired. It should have some kind of warranty on it.
    I'm up a little.. im in a bounce right now.. back and forth with 180 and 182. Not drinking enough water.

PW 180.4
    CW 182.2

Steps
    6/13 20013

Goals
    Eat better

got your steps in Michelle. I have been the same with my weight. It’s incredibly frustrating to say the least. We just gotta keep on keeping on lovely. It’s a lifelong journey.
    charlottemilton
    Sunday
    Week 3
    PW 229.5
    CW 230

I know my eating is to blame for being up. We celebrated hubby's birthday yesterday but truly I wasn't good much of the week. Busy week and I didn't manage to log everything and ate too much sugar.

Life happens and sometimes the journey gets put on hold for a moment. You just have to make sure you come right back on it and kick butt. Half a pound is awesome considering you celebrated a birthday !
    Steps: 13 June 9.362 steps
    14 June 13.770 steps

Gotcha!
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Sunday check in
    PW 166.6
    CW 167.2

Just keep going. Don’t stop and I hope you can get your water intake to where it needs to be.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Sunday check in
    PW 166.6
    CW 167.2

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.self.com/story/how-to-drink-more-water/amp
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    Week 3
    P. W. 254
    C. W. 251

6/13 steps 20275

Amazing loss this week! 💪🏻 And you really crushed it with your steps this week! Awesome sauce!!!!

I like Awesome sauce. It's yummy!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    So here goes ....
    SW...222.4lbs
    CW...219lbs
    Have a good people xx

I have you down a pound since you weighed in last so well done. I had to get a new Fitbit last weekend as mine died. I hope your hay fever feels better this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

PW 180.4
    CW 182.2

Steps
    6/13 20013

Goals
    Eat better

Hang in there it will come down! Drinking water is tough. I try to keep a full water bottle near me at all times. Most days this helps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    charlottemilton
    Sunday
    Week 3
    PW 229.5
    CW 230

You have had some big losses the last two weeks. I wouldn’t worry too much about the .5 pound. You will do great this week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in
    PW 166.6
    CW 167.2

The article Mari posted has some great tips! You got this!
This discussion has been closed.