TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, June 28!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Good morning new and old members of our team, The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to the July challenge, starting today June, 28th!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! We have two co-captains, @Krysless2 and @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to any of us if you need to! We run a couple challenges(optional!) within the group. One is the MUAC, which brandi has mentioned in the previous post, and a Step/Water challenge, that I will discuss in a post after this introduction! :) If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K We have a small number of fitbit challenge participants, but the more the merrier! :)

I am 27 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a dog mom to a one year old named Dillon and a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy). One of my favorite things to do is walk with my boyfriend and the dogs. I have recently gotten into running, and have been building up my distance. I took the last 5 or so days off from running due to a pain in my foot, but it is feeling much better, and I plan on easing back into it this week! I enjoy hiking, but have not found a good area to hike since moving back in July. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I have lost 66.4lb since I began my weight loss challenge in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6

I am very excited to start another month with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in July, team!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited June 2020
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday. Our first week will run June 28-July 4th. These challenges run with the same timeline as our weekly weigh ins and our MUAC challenge.

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will be adjusting the spreadsheet.

Here is the spreadsheet
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)

• richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Hi I am Sandra, and I live in Richmond, Virginia. I've recently rejoined the YMCA and have started body sculpting classes (aiming for twice a week) and the couch to 10K program. Another thing new I've started is riding bikes on the Virginia Capitol Trail with my husband on weekends, when the weather cooperates.

I've enjoyed being a part of this team, though have gotten way off track this past month.

My Current Weight on Saturday, 6/27 (which I am sorry that I forgot to post) is 144.

This week my goal is to track everything exercise and diet, even those hard to estimate dinners, which seems to be my sticking point, and no glasses of wine except for the weekend.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I really struggled to keep myself working toward my goals last month. Since summer break my routine has been off and it has been too easy to make excuses. I am going to do my best to get back on track this month.

New, old and returning teammates, I am so glad to have you here for this month's challenge.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 6/27
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8020
    Water: 120

Just for today: church on line, Rest day, meditation, read my book 📖, IF x 36 hrs

Yesterday:
    meditation 🧘‍♂️ ✅
    10000 steps. 👎🏻
    small bbq with the family ✅
    continue to let go and let God( this work thing I am going through is really hard) ✅
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Hello. I was in this group up until around last Oct/Nov when I just had some personal issues that were causing me to not focus on health goals. Fast forward to this pandemic and that hit me really bad. Depression and anxiety lead to a lot more drinking and eating “comfort foods”. A few weeks ago my mother in law passed and that lead to even unhealthier habits for two weeks in our house. Then suddenly I was up almost 20lbs in 4 months.
    Enough was enough and I started taking my health goals serious again and decided I would give this challenge a try again cause it was always good for accountability and support.

I recognize a lot of names in the group from my time last year, excited to be back.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,472 Member
    Hi I am Sandra, and I live in Richmond, Virginia. I've recently rejoined the YMCA and have started body sculpting classes (aiming for twice a week) and the couch to 10K program. Another thing new I've started is riding bikes on the Virginia Capitol Trail with my husband on weekends, when the weather cooperates.

I've enjoyed being a part of this team, though have gotten way off track this past month.

My Current Weight on Saturday, 6/27 (which I am sorry that I forgot to post) is 144.

This week my goal is to track everything exercise and diet, even those hard to estimate dinners, which seems to be my sticking point, and no glasses of wine except for the weekend.

@richmondwriter 😲 no wine?!?! 🍷 Can't you find something ELSE to give up??
  • DaffyGirl88
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Hello. I was in this group up until around last Oct/Nov when I just had some personal issues that were causing me to not focus on health goals. Fast forward to this pandemic and that hit me really bad. Depression and anxiety lead to a lot more drinking and eating “comfort foods”. A few weeks ago my mother in law passed and that lead to even unhealthier habits for two weeks in our house. Then suddenly I was up almost 20lbs in 4 months.
    Enough was enough and I started taking my health goals serious again and decided I would give this challenge a try again cause it was always good for accountability and support.

I recognize a lot of names in the group from my time last year, excited to be back.

@erikNJ Ah, you got the "other" COVID-19. You are not alone my friend. Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Hello all!

I sort of dropped into this group unannounced, back in May and just realized I've never introduced myself, so hear goes. My name is Sue, how do you do! I am 59 and very excited because in a couple of weeks I will qualify for early shopping at the grocery stores. :) I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 1 grandbaby (VA) and 1 fur baby. I work full time, currently teleworking and am not a fan. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I love challenges and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges as any given time.

I joined MFP back in 2012 but only recently discovered the challenges. Not sure how I missed them all these years. MFP says I've lost about 20 lbs since joining, much more if you count all of the pounds that I gained back and lost again over those years. ;) I'm still struggling to lose the holiday weight that I put on, maybe this will be the month.

Here's to a new month! Go Team TBBT! Remember - Together Everyone Accomplishes More :)
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Hello everyone and welcome back!
    My name is Maha From Indiana , mom of 3 angels and full time student. My starting weight is 270lb last November 2019 and now is 220lb ,hoping to get under 210lb as first goal so let’s do it 🦾
  • erikNJ
    Also I have a quick question. My weigh-in day is Thursday but in the registration thread they told me to enter my last weight since it wasn't my day yet. So my starting weight is listed as 271.3 but I already am down to 263.
    So I am not even sure if you can change that. If not just know that my loss this week will be for two weeks and not one. However the captains choose to handle it is fine by me
  • cmhubbard92
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Also I have a quick question. My weigh-in day is Thursday but in the registration thread they told me to enter my last weight since it wasn't my day yet. So my starting weight is listed as 271.3 but I already am down to 263.
    So I am not even sure if you can change that. If not just know that my loss this week will be for two weeks and not one. However the captains choose to handle it is fine by me

@erikNJ welcome back! We're glad to have you here again!

Well, do you have your weigh in from this past Thursday? If you really want your SW changed, we can have that done, I will leave it to you! If you don't care, I wouldn't worry about it! That is a fabulous start to getting back on track!
  • erikNJ
    This last Thursday was 263.0, so if we are being honest that would be my actual starting weight
    Thanks
  • cmhubbard92
    @erikNJ ok, no problem! :)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Destiny, I'm a 32yr old stay at home mom to 4 from West Texas. I feel like I've gotten in a pretty good stride for workouts, just need to focus more on my diet.

My goals for July:
    *Drink 72oz of water each day
    *Exercise 6 days per week
    *Fruit of Veggies with each meal
    *Post in thread everyday

Sun 6/28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 20min walk
    Water: 72oz
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Sunday June 28th
    Logged food and was not under calories
    No exercise
    Water 80 oz
    Steps 5,049
  • DaffyGirl88
    Sunday 28 June
    Log everything: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Water: 96 ounces
    Steps: 16,827

Happy Monday!! B)
  • richmondwriter
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hello TBBT
    My name is Brandi. I'm 35. I am one of Team TBBT's co- captains. I am a stay at home/home school mom to a teen. My teen and I have been working out together most week day mornings. Having a workout partner makes it a lot more fun. I like to think that the extra laughs we have together burns a few extra calories.

I really struggled to keep myself working toward my goals last month. Since summer break my routine has been off and it has been too easy to make excuses. I am going to do my best to get back on track this month.

New, old and returning teammates, I am so glad to have you here for this month's challenge.

Hi Brandi, You can do it! I have also been way off. Let's get off to a great start and keep it up!
  • richmondwriter
    thedestar wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Destiny, I'm a 32yr old stay at home mom to 4 from West Texas. I feel like I've gotten in a pretty good stride for workouts, just need to focus more on my diet.

My goals for July:
    *Drink 72oz of water each day
    *Exercise 6 days per week
    *Fruit of Veggies with each meal
    *Post in thread everyday

Sun 6/28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 20min walk
    Water: 72oz

Destiny, These are terrific goals! And you are already off to a great start.