What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,139 Member
    Options
    @jillebean86
    Google chair exercises. I used them after I had my hip replacement. Or search YouTube for them. There are all sorts and can be quite strenuous. Needs must.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Thanks for your info! I will be taking things slow and steady, I think honestly August and September will be learning months for me, with a lot of trial and error as I develop healthy habits to develop a healthy lifestyle that I can continue for the rest of my life.

I am so thankful for the UAC! Everyone is so helpful. I think this group is the best-kept secret of MFP!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 , this post is very helpful.

Thank you!
    I had planned to write you, too, but life interfered. I agree with you that UAC is MFP’s best kept secret!!!

If I can be of help, I’d love to be...nothing would make me happier than to make others’ paths less stressful and easier!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

I see my post to you got eaten 😳
    I had planned to write to you too, but life interferes. I’m
    Glad you found the post helpful. I’m happy to help further. Nothing could make me happier than to make others’ paths to health less stressful and easier!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

I see my post to you got eaten 😳
    I had planned to write to you too, but life interferes. I’m
    Glad you found the post helpful. I’m happy to help further. Nothing could make me happier than to make others’ paths to health less stressful and easier!

Haha I guess the first one didn’t get eaten whoops! LoL
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Ty for those chair exercises. It's good to know what is available.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    Would anyone else like to pick something from this "63 Micro-Goals" list and make it a personal challenge with me? (a pick-your-own-goal - doesn't even have to be the same "big category" as mine)

The acticle is from the MFP professional-blog section.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/micro-goals-keep-healthy/

mine is going to be about micro-workouts (a new way to think of NEAT activities) throughout my workday. More details to come.
  • KCJen
    Options
    @BMcC9 Thanks for sharing that article!

Instead of me focusing on the large number of weight that I need to lose, I focus on a smaller weekly goal that will let me reach my big weight loss goal. If I think of that large number it discourages me. So I have a weekly goal of 2 pounds lost which feels more manageable to me. I also have a daily water goal.

• jillebean86
    jillebean86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @readyornot1234 @TerriRichardson112 Thanks for your thoughtful replies! I'm actually pretty excited to try those chair workouts!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 I was really pleased that I already do a lot of the things that apply to me, but I definitely need to clean out my fridge.... The only thing in my freezer that is calorific is some Haagen Dasz icecream, but it's in little pots. My cupboards don't have snacks in, just staples, spices - yes, turmeric! - but there's quite a lot. Everything needs cooking or combining, so little danger of me just grabbing things. Under normal circumstances I like cooking, make batches and freeze some, but Corona confinement has taken some of my enthusiasm and energy and now it's hot I don't want to spend much time slaving over a hot stove.
    MFP already saves my list of most used foods. I would like it to be more than 4 pages though. Should learn to use other features...
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    @jillebean86 I have knee problems and sometimes my knee plays up so I cannot walk much. In my case the swimming pool is my first option, but I also have a Rosemary Conley DVD with a chair aerobics exercise. You can use weights on part of the exercise to make it harder and more cardio - effective.
    I have found exercise classes that don't put too much pressure on my knee. Sometimes these knee and foot problems are a way for your body to say: Have a rest!
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    does anybody have a make-at-home recipe for a Peach Smoothie?
    Yes, but mine is pretty simple. I fill the blender with very ripe peaches, turn it on for a few seconds and that's it. We have a small peach orchard, about 100 trees, so a very good supply of tree ripened peaches, the best kind. We freeze a lot of them, and do the same with frozen, have to let the thaw at least partially though. Our peaches are just barely ripening now, in another week we will have plenty. Though a freeze killed a lot of the blossoms this year, so not enough to sell.

For breakfast I almost always have cereal, some kind of high protein cereal with homemade kerfir and a scoop of protein powder. A good way to get a protein start on the day.

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob - that sounds lovely.
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    Peaches go with almost anything. Watermelon and a slug of coconut milk, yum! With ginger and red fruits! Even with cucumber, fresh mint and yoghurt!
  • KCJen
    Options
    Good Morning Group

Does anyone know why the tickers aren’t working? If there is a way to correct them? Thanks.

I have found a ticker on the MFP app. It is different from the old ticker, no cute red ladybug, and very simple. However, the info is there to help motivate me. I found it by clicking on "me" on the bottom right-hand side on the app. Just wanted to share what I found with you and anyone else looking for a ticker.