What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes @juliemouse83 Diamond painting IS relaxing ... almost zen-like. The emus that we dress up on High Days and Holidays are a large kit (full drill and squares)

Post us an image of what kit you are doing, and how it's going!

and I PROMISE ....
    91cx63jkt3dl.jpg

• BMcC9
    Options
    I have never explored the MFP Blog tab before ... today I have started a list of hyperlinks to various specific ones I want to go back and really study - maybe research further.

One is the idea of "body neutral"

Another is the idea of converting micro-habits into healthy habits (I will probably have better success via thinking in terms of "fitting micro workouts" into my day than NEATs (even though they are much the same thing)

And some about working from home and keeping a thriving social circle despite distancing and other self-care in this "new-normal" not-so-normal world.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 - I like the blogs. The body neutral one was good. They also have some really good recipes every now and then that I bookmark and make some of them every now and then.
  • readyornot1234
    Options
    @juliemouse83 - I am so sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I had my daughter young - at 20. When she was about 8, I was working at a firm that was terrible. I would take the train into work and sit on the wall in front of the building next door and cry until I had the courage to walk into my building and get on the elevator. I was always stressed out, on edge, and thought I would break at any moment. I was a single parent and I didn’t think I was being a good parent because I was so depressed and unhappy. But I needed the health insurance first and the pay check second. It stinks that our health care is tied to employment and so expensive. I searched constantly for a new job. It took some time (I did the biggest happy dance upon the completion of my last day) and it may take you some time due to the high unemployment rates. Hang in there. I’m sorry your boss is so terrible. Hopefully HR will help but everyone is so stressed right now. You are stronger than you think. It’s too bad this world is so full of small and petty people. Don’t give him your power. Be smart and use them the way they are using you.
  • readyornot1234
    Options
    @juliemouse83 - sorry one more thing. Do not quit. If you quit you cannot collect. Proving you were forced to quit is quite difficult and at this time getting an administrative hearing on a claims denial is uncertain.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83 Rooting for you! Try and enjoy your weekend! Are you on LinkedIn? Maybe you can send me a private message, and I can post on my network.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @juliemouse83 Sending waves of encouragement and stamina. I know when it's happening to you it's tough to not take things personally. Remember people react mostly out of fear. So if you look at your boss from that perspective it may help you a little bit.

It's a good idea to continue to record everything that is going on. When taking screen shots be sure to keep really good records (the date and time) and email the screen shots to your personal home email address. Be sure to create a special folder for all of the back and forth. And, although we all hate printing things - it's always best to print and keep in dated order with additional notes as to the specific situation and your responses. If communication is via email, be sure to reply to all of it while copying yourself. Again, forwarding to your personal email address and printing it. If it comes before a board or court spoken word is just hearsay and it becomes a they said you said which is very hard to prove.

For your own personal sanity - when you leave work, leave work. 100 years ago a very wise co-worker told me (we used to work at a fenced-in factory), "See that gate right there, when I drive through it I pretend I am a duck and I let all of the water roll off my back". To this day, when I have a rough time I myself driving through a gate when I leave/log off from the work day. 99% of the time it works and I am able to enjoy my time.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Yes @juliemouse83 Diamond painting IS relaxing ... almost zen-like. The emus that we dress up on High Days and Holidays are a large kit (full drill and squares)

and I PROMISE ....
    91cx63jkt3dl.jpg

I love the spoiler! :lol:

I haven’t pulled the sheet all the way down to look at the actual image, as yet. The print of what it is is very small and kind of skewed on the insert, so I’m kind of surprising myself, lol. I do know it’s a crescent moon over what may be water. It was a gift, so I’m excited to see how it pans out. These are round drills, and I’m so excited to try one with the squares!

I ordered two more smallish ones to do after I finish this one. The prints were super interesting to me, so that will keep me busy well into the fall. I had no idea I would love it so much! It’s really been relaxing and is keeping my monkey mind occupied. :smile:
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    @readyornot1234 @Chinkiri @SuziQ113

Thank you for the kind words!

I have a file with the printed emails in chronological order; there aren’t too many, but again, this all just started in late June, and he is being very short in his responses to my emails. Screen shots all have dates for each text exchange. I am really scared about throwing the guy under the bus, because things are already difficult, and I suspect they will get worse once I start the ball rolling, but I can’t let him continue to keep me on edge like this. It is starting to affect my health, and my relationships.

I’m fairly certain he’s going to say I should have come to him first, but I prefer to have THAT conversation with witnesses. Based on the tone of his recent emails and his inability to look me in the eye in the lunch room, he hasn’t made himself very approachable.

I do have a Linked In account, and will need to update it, as I hadn’t felt the need to keep up with it. I didn’t figure I’d be going anywhere until retirement.

Soooo, I’m just going to relax for the remainder of the weekend, and keep my head high tomorrow.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

and I PROMISE ....
    91cx63jkt3dl.jpg

I love the spoiler! :lol:

I haven’t pulled the sheet all the way down to look at the actual image, as yet. The print of what it is is very small and kind of skewed on the insert, so I’m kind of surprising myself, lol. I do know it’s a crescent moon over what may be water. It was a gift, so I’m excited to see how it pans out. These are round drills, and I’m so excited to try one with the squares!

I ordered two more smallish ones to do after I finish this one. The prints were super interesting to me, so that will keep me busy well into the fall. I had no idea I would love it so much! It’s really been relaxing and is keeping my monkey mind occupied. :smile:

Stick with the rounds for a while first... let me know either here or by PM when you feel you want to graduate to squares (or the image you want only comes in squares) and we can pass on some tips.

One other thing I would advise .... seeing as this "is NOT an additive hobby" ... ;) and you are doing small-sized ones .... as soon as you finish your current one, order ONE more (keep a list of what you like) so that you aways have one or two stand-bys for when there are mail slow-downs etc.

I can also point you at "considered more reliable / better quality by the regulars" companies by PM if you want to know.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    @BMcC9 yes, please! I have two arriving tomorrow to have on standby. I ordered them, an acrylic pen and some larger drill trays, as I’m going through the smaller ones fast, from Amazon.

Made a good bit of progress today. I definitely need new glasses! The first night, I had readers on under my progressive lenses, because I was struggling. My light pad arrived yesterday, and while it has helped immensely, I can tell my prescription is older than it should be. (I noticed this at work last month while trying to read the small print on our transport handhelds. I go to the eye doctor on the 17th.)

I’m glad someone else does this, too. :smiley: Thanks so much for the tips! :heart:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I will send you a test PM, You send me one ... and that should let us exchange PMs no problem.
  • jules7890
    jules7890 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Peach season! Just enjoyed .25 of a peach. So refreshing👍🏽
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    No time to catch up on all the posts here, but I decided to show up in this thread to let you know that:
    😍 you are wonderful
    👏 I congratulate myself for join the group
    🌻 I appreciate not going unnoticed

As a thank you, I'd like to share what I recently discovered, which you can do any time of the day, when craving that ice cream or cookies, (provided that you work from home 😎):

https://youtu.be/FenSBprd1EI

I've been doing planks for half a year now and recently took up a challenge (not directly stated to me) to wall sit, so I had already tried some of these below, but I'd like to try some more of these no equipment exercises:

https://youtu.be/VH5F-dKoM98

Anyone in? 🌞
  • BMcC9
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    I've been doing planks for half a year now and recently took up a challenge (not directly stated to me) to wall sit, so I had already tried some of these below, but I'd like to try some more of these no equipment exercises:

https://youtu.be/VH5F-dKoM98

Anyone in? 🌞

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I will pick something for core or upper back and do check-in challenge with you.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @dewit (and anyone else who also picks up her gauntlet .... )

In relation to the above (and TWO days of Pilates upper back & shoulder resistance band work in a ROW!) and @RangerRickL 's August 11 post about moving past false self-imposed self-limiting beliefs
    reposted inside this spoiler:
    rs4ii5hsggmf.png
    Yesterday, I was able to do something that I have always thought I was too inflexible to accomplish.
    Yesterday, I rode a horse at the slow trot and did not bounce up and down in the saddle. Rather, for the very first time, I could feel the side-to-side alternating rhythm of the horse and allow myself to move with him.
    I have always believed that I was inherently too inflexible to achieve that movement, so I just refused to try.
    After several weeks of active stretching exercises and helpful coaching, I did it! I rode a horse in a more relaxed manner.
    I'll be 70 on Thursday. My false belief has held me back since I began to ride at 23.
    Maybe you too believe something that is holding you back...
    Your friend, Rick

with your help and encouragement and this kind of challenge maybe I can shatter MY self-limiting belief about potential to develop upper body strength and flexibility potential, instead of "nothing but cardio"
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    great videos!