What's on your mind today?

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    did the pilates again this morn BEFORE coffee ...
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    @BMcC9 curiosity got the best of me so I searched “diamond painting crescent moon” and found a clear image of my current project:

1wido2dixy0s.jpeg

The second and third kits arrived today and I’ll show those to you when I get them started. 😁
  • BMcC9
    @BMcC9 curiosity got the best of me so I searched “diamond painting crescent moon” and found a clear image of my current project:

1wido2dixy0s.jpeg

The second and third kits arrived today and I’ll show those to you when I get them started. 😁

Love it! what size? how many colours? is the whole thing diamonds, or only part of it?
  • juliemouse83
    @BMcC9 , it’s 12 x 16 inches, full drill, 34 colors. I’m just a bit over half done. Worked on it about an hour and a half this evening. I was getting heavy lidded, so had to stop. I got a resin pen that feels better in my hand, but not loving the multiple pickers that came with it, so will probably just use the ones that came with the kit, provided they fit, lol. I started it a week ago tonight. 🤗
  • BMcC9
    @ juliemouse83 even when the stylus had "multiple picker" on the other end, we always only used the one-at-a-time. we would sometimes use the multi-drill end just to straighten some already placed ones.
  • BMcC9
    I already had some (under-used) theraband type strips for Pilates resistance band work ... today I spent a whopping (less than $10 CAN including tax) for a 3-levels set of the closed-loop style as a supplement. I have seen youtube videos for both styles.

Not exactly braking the bank ... and i'm WORTH it !! o:)B):D
  • juliemouse83
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @ juliemouse83 even when the stylus had "multiple picker" on the other end, we always only used the one-at-a-time. we would sometimes use the multi-drill end just to straighten some already placed ones.

Omg! The current project has hundreds of on color together line after line! It’s nuts!

Does anyone else in our group do diamond painting?
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    I must admit, I had to google diamond painting. It looks therapeutic but my meds are diminishing my eyesight and I can no longer do things like that. I did find some bigger ones for children but they didn’t look as gratifying
  • BMcC9
    Eyesight need not be a barrier! on amazon , search Formline LED Headband Magnifier Glasses.

Variations on this => https://amazon.com/Magnifier-Magnifying-Professional-Headband-Jewelers/dp/B071VZ4X6P/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=formline+led+headband+magnifier&qid=1597510705&sr=8-5

I use the head-strap rather than the "eyeglass arms". The magnifying part sticks out beyond your face, so that you can wear your ordinary prescription glasses underneath and there are 5 interchangeable level of magnification. Good for ANY craft that you "can no longer do"
  • BMcC9
    And @juliemouse83 there is a standing joke in Diamond Painting circles about how much 310 is in your picture (default DMC shade of black)

DH has just started a 90 x 60 (postcard orientation - ~ 35.5 x 23.5 inches ) with 26 colors .... 23 of them are various shades of blue ....
  • BMcC9
    edited August 2020
    Our emus are 26 x 137 ( ~10.25 x 54 inches). We dress them up for holidays

794w6ra7ejwf.jpg

anybody got ideas for us for Labor Day theme?

Oh, and word is out in the Fashionista Cirlces ... "don't wear a white mask after Labor Day ... go for something more colorful for the fall and winter, accessorize as you would with purse / shoes "

(what do guys-not-in-suits accessorize with??)
  • readyornot1234
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Eyesight need not be a barrier! on amazon , search Formline LED Headband Magnifier Glasses. "

No way!!!!!!
  • readyornot1234
    I have to go and order these things.
  • BMcC9
    I embraced the "micro-sessions - just do a little SOMETHNG!" approach to break through internal resistance to back&shoulder work as a lead up to eventual push-up progress. I am applying the same strategy to break through resistance on the seemingly daunting idea of getting started on my Second Language Prep work ... classes start again the week of Sept 8. I don't want to find myself having lost toooooo much ground since end of June.

Like any other muscle, the brain needs to be worked a bit every day .....
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,835 Member
    Does anyone else sometimes feel you are back at starting weight when you’re not?

Perhaps because of heat wave, but my self-image was radically different the past 2 days. I have no ED. I guess after a lifetime obese, I guess some of the feelings of swollen or retaining water, could trigger old sensations?

I know it will go away as weather cools again.

Scale is fine.

Anyone else?
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 I feel like a bloated whale again. Last time I weighed myself I was still some 13kg under my starting weight, but I feel so fat at the moment, I can hardly believe the scales and I daren't check again. It's hot here, which is not usually a problem for me, but we've had some hot and humid days, unusually. I guess I suffer from water retention; my ankle is sensitive to that and I can feel it.
    I am not usually at home in Montpellier in August; I flee to cooler conditions in the Netherlands, see my Mum, friends, go boating, but Covid-19 has got me stuck here. I don't want to go to the beach as it's packed with tourists. Weather seems better this morning.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,835 Member
    Thank you @Chinkiri

It’s just so odd because I’m almost at 2 years maintaining & my BMI is 23.5-.7 instead of 34.

I also feel it in my ankle.

I did better today with it all & got more walking in - this time after dark.

Hopefully the heat of our respective homes will ease up very soon. Fingers crossed!
  • BMcC9
    Humidity will cause water retention , for sure! There is nowhere for the natural perspiration to wick to as the air is already over-moisturized.

Strange as it sounds .... drink more water! (help the body pass liquids in other ways .... )
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Any suggestions on how to handle family get-togethers? My family for the past 2 weekends has had get-togethers, which means during the week I try to recover from the pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, cookies, and whatever else I should not be eating. Because of this, I have kinda "thrown in the towel" due to the additional weight gain from another monthly issue this week. I have not tracked all weekend, and now I need to do "damage control". Then there was the family pic, where I got to see how fat I look right now, which was depressing. Luckily, I told myself this morning that I have 2 choices: I can complain and do nothing and look the same in a year from now, or I can start to make changes and be proactive and be healthy, look better, and reach my goal in a year from now. I know I have a "marathon" ahead of me, and my weight loss journey will take a while, but I did learn that I need to make lifestyle changes this weekend to make it work and last.

Any suggestions on dealing with family get-togethers? Or is this where my "pass days" come into play? My family isn't health-conscious, and overweight runs in the family.