TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• knlizght
    knlizght Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Liz, this is my 1st challenge - just thought I’d say hi 👋🏼
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi, Liz! Welcome to TBBT!
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen, this is my first challenge also. Looking forward to having a team!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi Jen! Welcome. Glad to have you on the team!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm Shelly and this is also my first challenge. Excited to be here 😁
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Lisa, 54, married 28 years with two grown sons. I live in southwestern Ontario, Canada in a town of 16,000 people. We have a family farm supply business that I work at very part time, filing invoices and stuffing statements.

I was a member of The Big Butt Theory for a couple years, but I needed to step away to take a break and refocus. I thought I was ready when I came back in June, but I have admittedly been struggling. Now really gaining, but not losing either. I love the fall, so I am jazzed to kick my effort up a notch and start to see results again.

I weighed in this morning at 180.2. These are my mini weight goals for the month:

180.2: SW
    179.8: Out of the 180's
    177.0: My recorded current weight on MFP
    176.8: My lowest official weigh-in this time around, but I didn't change it on MFP because it was only 0.2 of a pound
    174.9: Under 175!

If I can get here, I will be a happy camper!! My plan is simple....log my food and eat at a deficit, using my steps to give me more calories so I am not hungry all the time!

Looking forward to continuing my journey with the old familiar faces here, and getting to know the new ones!! Let's have a great September!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, August 30!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good morning new and old members of our team, The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to the September challenge, starting today, August 30th!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! My co-captain is @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to either of us if you need to! We run a couple challenges(optional!) within the group. One is the MUAC, which brandi has mentioned in the previous post, and a Step/Water challenge, that I will discuss in a post after this introduction! :) If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K We have a small number of fitbit challenge participants, but the more the merrier! :)

I am 27 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a dog mom to a one year old named Dillon and a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy). One of my favorite things to do is walk with my boyfriend and the dogs. I enjoy hiking, exploring new places, and spending time with friends and family. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I have lost 81lb since I began my weight loss journey in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6
    August SW: 169.3
    September SW: 165.0

I am very excited to start another month with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in September, team!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! These challenges will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday. Our first week will run August 30-September 5th. These challenges run with the same timeline as our weekly weigh-ins and our MUAC challenge.

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will adjust the spreadsheet.

Here is the spreadsheet
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    knlizght wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’m Liz, this is my 1st challenge - just thought I’d say hi 👋🏼

@knlizght welcome to TBBT Liz!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    jmb6739 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Jen, this is my first challenge also. Looking forward to having a team!

@jmb6739 welcome to the team, Jen!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm Shelly and this is also my first challenge. Excited to be here 😁

@mooreshelly09 welcome to TBBT Shelly! We are excited to have you!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @HASWLRS I love your mini goals for the month, and you can do it! I see you're in my house in Hogwarts this term, and am excited to see you reach your goals!
  • knlizght
    knlizght Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi @cmhubbard92! My weekly step goal for next week is 17,500, I also track my water in mls 🙂
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 8/29
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4387
    Water:120

Just for today: rest day church on line, prayer 🙏 & meditation 🧘‍♀️ 5000 steps 🚶‍♀️
    Yesterday : I was hurt at work on Friday . Punched in the ear 👂, check head, and upper left back . Today I am sore, have a constant headache 🤕. I think I sprained my right knee and have a muscle strain in my right hip and upper back . After 33 yrs I think I need to retire
    Blessings on this smoky ,bad air quality, COVID -19 Sunday morning
    I think I need a therapist 🙈🙉🙊🤬🤪👎🏻

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 152.6
    Todays Weight: 151
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92
    Step goal 40000 ( hopefully) I can get 5000 per day
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/30
    mooreshelly09
    Friday
    Todays weight: 234.0

@cmhubbard92 Step goal 42,000 and water goal 100oz per day.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @knlizght Awesome! I have added you to the spreadsheet, and will figure out the conversion for ml!

@murdog3t I am so sorry you are having a rough time after finally getting back to work. You have had a very successful month loss wise, and I give you major cheers for all your hard work! I hope you figure out what is the best path for you regarding work. And stay strong with all that is going on around you!

@mooreshelly09 awesome I have added you to the spreadsheet for the step and water challenge! You do not have to submit your weight until Friday, as the challenge officially starts today! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Fellow TBBT members!

Do you have any goals that you have set to make September a success? What plans do you have? Any methods to your success so far that you would like to share?
  • cmhubbard92
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/30/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, walking plus 35mins yoga
    Steps: 9,115
    Water: 120

September Goals:
    • <50g carbs: ✔(34)
    • 12,000+ steps (5 days) ✖
    • 8,000+ steps (2 days) ✔
    • 30 Days of Yoga With Adrienne ✔(Day 1)
    • 30 minutes cardio daily ✔
    • Strength 30min/week minimum

Reflections:
    I started the 30 day yoga challenge, we will see how it goes! I tried it in the past but didn't make it very far! Hopefully, I make it further this time! I added more activity goals this month, and want to reach them! I am aiming to see 161 on the scale by the end of the month, and the 150s by my birthday next month! I do have one off-keto day planned this week, for my boyfriend's birthday!