Replies

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sept 24
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Steps 7581

I was a little short on steps for yesterday but we went to the zoo and all those steps were done while pulling a wagon with my two kids in it up and down all the hills. I was exhausted when we got home and couldn't bring myself to get more steps done. My son didn't have school and the kids have been wanting to go again (we have a yearly membership). It wasn't as crowded as going on the weekend so it was pretty nice. I'm a little nervous about weigh in tomorrow, hoping I took off all the bloat from last week's gain.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post steps

9/24: 8,502
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    steps for 9/24: 8,106
    steps for 9/25: 11,063

Today was AMAZING! Got up and did some fasting cardio before I met with my trainer and kicked some serious butt. Then met with the trainer for arm day and I honestly do not know how I am typing right now. :lol: Came home and had some brown rice spicy California roll and then got to work on deep cleaning the kitchen...again! This time I scrubbed inside and out of the stove and rearranged all of our pots and pans. Of course, I swept and mopped and all that good stuff but I put a lot of elbow grease into the stove. Then I relaxed a bit before getting up and going for a walk/run with the pup. I definitely got a second sweat session and met my step goal of 10,000!

I re-start school on Monday but was given the opportunity to get a bit ahead so that it is what I will be doing tonight until I fall asleep. I will weigh in in the morning! Have a good night everyone!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sept 25, 2020

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Goal: 2000 steps -- 7907 steps today
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    I have a question for you all. When I posted my check in I started thinking about my reasons to lose weight. So if you are so inclined

What are your reasons for losing weight?

Oh where do I start?
    I have struggled with weight my entire life.

Now that I will be 50 this year, I have to get to a better healthy place.
    My father just had an aortic dissection this summer due to high blood pressure, that went undiagnosed for years, is what the doctors believe. My blood pressure isn't extremely high but does run higher then I would like and that just started this year.

I have been borderline diabetic since my last pregnancy, 18 years ago! How I have managed to stay in that borderline area, I have no idea, but I know my weight has a lot to do with that, so hoping loosing weight will get me away from that borderline.

I want to be able to go on hikes again with the family without everyone worrying about me passing out or worse while we hike. Last hike I had 2 kids, my husband and my sister worried.

I want to FEEL good would be the number one reason. I am tired of being tired.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.7
    CW (Current Weight): 189.8
    LTD (Loss to Date): 17.2

Under 190 and closing in on the 20-lb mark. I started in May and by August I was up and down for a total of around a 2-lb weight loss in 3 months. It was hard for me back then to even imagine hitting 20-lbs. My next mini-goal is 179.9 which I hope to hit by 11/15. I am even looking beyond that to 169.3 by 1/1 which would put me in the overweight BMI category.

It’s great that you entered a new decade! Awesome loss! That is very reasonable weight loss goals you have set. I like that you are keeping it in that healthy 1to 2 pound a week range.

azkunk wrote: »
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 34 minute walk 4/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 8,348 4/5
    DBF: 2

PW 201.8
    CW 204.8
    LTD 58 pounds

I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty. I need to get back to why I chose to go on this journey. My reasons are
    1. Fear of developing heart disease due to diabetes
    2. Wanting to watch my granddaughters grow up and see my great grandkids.
    3. Improved quality of life.

These are going to be posted on my mirror so I see them every morning when I wake up. I am posting them on the fridge so they are front and centre when I get the urge to overeat/binge. I got this!

Happy FriYAY!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week

Hang in there. I love that you are returning to your why. One thing I did while trying to lose weight for vacation a few years ago was to draw a little palm tree (Hawaii trip) between my thumb a index finger everyday. That way, I would see it if I went to eat or I would look at it if I thought of cheating and be reminded of my why. You could do a little heart for your health and love of your granddaughters.

I love your idea! I think I will do the heart every day. In fact, I just put it there.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post Sept 24
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Steps 7581

I was a little short on steps for yesterday but we went to the zoo and all those steps were done while pulling a wagon with my two kids in it up and down all the hills. I was exhausted when we got home and couldn't bring myself to get more steps done. My son didn't have school and the kids have been wanting to go again (we have a yearly membership). It wasn't as crowded as going on the weekend so it was pretty nice. I'm a little nervous about weigh in tomorrow, hoping I took off all the bloat from last week's gain.

Sounds like you got a great workout. I am sure you lost a good chunk of it as you have been on point all week.

draby2011 wrote: »

Today was AMAZING! Got up and did some fasting cardio before I met with my trainer and kicked some serious butt. Then met with the trainer for arm day and I honestly do not know how I am typing right now. :lol: Came home and had some brown rice spicy California roll and then got to work on deep cleaning the kitchen...again! This time I scrubbed inside and out of the stove and rearranged all of our pots and pans. Of course, I swept and mopped and all that good stuff but I put a lot of elbow grease into the stove. Then I relaxed a bit before getting up and going for a walk/run with the pup. I definitely got a second sweat session and met my step goal of 10,000!

I re-start school on Monday but was given the opportunity to get a bit ahead so that it is what I will be doing tonight until I fall asleep. I will weigh in in the morning! Have a good night everyone!

I need you to come to my place and wear off some of that energy cleaning my apartment! 😂. You are an inspiration in the gym. When my shoulder heals and my leg is straightened out I am going to start at the gym. I might hirer a trainer as it really seems to be working well for you. Keep up the awesome work!

I have a question for you all. When I posted my check in I started thinking about my reasons to lose weight. So if you are so inclined

What are your reasons for losing weight?

Oh where do I start?
    I have struggled with weight my entire life.

Now that I will be 50 this year, I have to get to a better healthy place.
    My father just had an aortic dissection this summer due to high blood pressure, that went undiagnosed for years, is what the doctors believe. My blood pressure isn't extremely high but does run higher then I would like and that just started this year.

I have been borderline diabetic since my last pregnancy, 18 years ago! How I have managed to stay in that borderline area, I have no idea, but I know my weight has a lot to do with that, so hoping loosing weight will get me away from that borderline.

I want to be able to go on hikes again with the family without everyone worrying about me passing out or worse while we hike. Last hike I had 2 kids, my husband and my sister worried.

I want to FEEL good would be the number one reason. I am tired of being tired.

The weight I have lost so far has dropped my A1C to a non diabetic range. I am still on insulin at night but with further weight loss I am sure I will be able to stop it. So the weight loss has helped me with my diabetes so I am sure you should have success in that area too.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minute walk 5/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 7,514
    DBF: 3

I am running on fumes today as I didn’t sleep at all last night. I couldn’t sleep and when 4am rolled around I figured it was silly to go to bed for 1.5 hours. I won’t be having a nap today as we are picking the grandkids up after grocery shopping. They have cheerleading today at different times. So we will be busy driving them around.

I really enjoyed reading your reasons to lose weight. We all have some similar reasons but everyone is a little different.

I met my goals of walking and steps. It makes me so happy. Next week I think I am going to increase my walk to 40 minutes. I need to get out early so I can walk pain free. My leg is getting worse and by lunchtime I am done walking on it.

Hope your weekend is going great!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 30 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Formerlyfit48
    Last weight 222
    Current weight 222
  • draby2011
    Options
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 278 pounds
    Previous Weight: 233.6 pounds
    Current Weight: 232.8 pounds
    This Week's Loss: 0.8 pounds
    Loss to Date: 45.2 pounds

Not a significant loss this week but I definitely made up for it in inches over the last month. I am also super sore from my workout yesterday so I am sure there is some retention there so I'm not upset. Today is leg day so going to go make the other side sore as well!

My goals for this week are to stay on track diet-wise (to be honest, getting 100g of protein daily is starting to get old fast so I have to figure out how to make it enjoyable again) and to get at least 4 exercise sessions in (whether it be at the gym or walking in the neighborhood). I also have a lot of appointments, classes, and other stationary things that will limit my ability to get my steps in. My goal is to get at least 7,000 steps in every day.

• draby2011
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »

I need you to come to my place and wear off some of that energy cleaning my apartment! 😂. You are an inspiration in the gym. When my shoulder heals and my leg is straightened out I am going to start at the gym. I might hire a trainer as it really seems to be working well for you. Keep up the awesome work!

Haha, the house we moved into a couple of years ago was definitely a fixer-upper and we did a few things to make it more liveable but because of work and being in school we weren't able to do much. Now that school (physically anyway, I restart school online Monday) is over, I have a bit more time so I have been putting in work to get it more..."homey". Thank you! My trainer has been a HUGE part of my success because he pushes me to the absolute limit. I find myself thinking constantly "man, I would have quit by now if it weren't for him pushing me." Then there are times (like my walk/run last night) where I can see my progress and start to think I couldn't do this last month" so I push myself harder even when he isn't there so I can continue with the progress. I am learning that pushing myself (within reason) is a good thing and it is nice to have someone who can push you but also tell you when you're doing too much. (I thought I was superwoman on the glute bridges last week and he had to lower my weights before I really hurt myself lol). The funny thing is my boyfriend works out 5x a week but does strictly calisthenics and does not believe in trainers. He is a self-taught fitness guy which is great, but not for me. I do much better when there is actual support there. I also believe that working with a trainer is great especially when you're starting to workout post-injury. (I started with him as soon as I could after my lap chole so my core was still pretty weak). They can tell you what to avoid to prevent re-injuring yourself and give you options on how to strengthen it. I appreciate your kindness! Thank you!!!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 220.0
    CW 218.6
    LTD 104.4

I was hoping to have at least taken the gain off, but wasn't really expecting much else. I had a pleasant surprise on the scale this morning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 220.0
    CW 218.6
    LTD 104.4

I was hoping to have at least taken the gain off, but wasn't really expecting much else. I had a pleasant surprise on the scale this morning.

Great loss this week ...amazing LTD ..Congrats :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord! Since I said I will do the sugar challenge everyone started to offer me chocolate, cakes, cookies... and I said yes to all of them 🙀🙈
    So here we are 132,6 kg today 292,3 lbs
    Steps:
    21/09 7.362 steps
    22/09 16.127 steps
    23/09 10.481 steps
    24/09 10 090 steps
    25/09 10.873 steps
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.8
    Current weight: 295.6

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Still hanging in there!
  • draby2011
    Options
    Steps: 10,205.

The funny part about this is I left my house at 7:03 pm at 2,400 steps. (I did a lot of paperwork for an upcoming class as part of my residency; like handwrote 7 full pages of research) so I was stationary for a HUGE part of the day. I got back home at 8:25 with 10, 050 steps! I really enjoyed the scenery tonight and really thoroughly enjoyed the walk. I also pushed myself to the longest distance run I have done (without stopping) so far.

Then, I came home and took my waist trainer off and the sweat literally POURED out. My middle little freaked out thinking Mommy peed on herself lol. I had to explain that it was sweat. She was like "Mommy, that is a LOT of sweat!" lol I am overall very impressed with today.

I am off again tomorrow so I am going to focus on meal prep and hopefully get another great walk/run in.

As far as my goals, I got 105grams of protein in. So check!
    I got a workout in so 1/4.
    I also exceeded my goal of 7,000 steps per day.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    9/24 steps= 8,502

Did it again thus weekend ... I was over calories today but not by much. It’s my daughter’s bday on Tuesday and her BFF and BFF’s mom came for dinner. Good food again and this time instead of a margarita, I had a small brownie sundae and too much guacamole. I feel stuffed and gross. I need to learn to cut the portions down a bit to avoid this feeling.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    Oh Lord! Since I said I will do the sugar challenge everyone started to offer me chocolate, cakes, cookies... and I said yes to all of them 🙀🙈

Isn't that the way it always goes?
    It's a new week starting tomorrow, you got this!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    Sept 26, 2020

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Goal: 2000 steps -- 926 steps today
    So weekends are so far off kilter for me on steps, visiting with family or catching up on paper work.
This discussion has been closed.