Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    2xis69l12tk2.png

Congratulations ladies! A special shoutout to @28Haveitall2020 for placing in the top three in the entire group!

Congratulations on your losses this week!

• azkunk
    Options
    I know a lot of us are riding the struggle bus on weekends. I was thinking of having a mini challenge for the team this weekend to help us stay on track. What do you think? I can post it on Thursday and it can run Friday to Sunday.

Count me in!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of us are riding the struggle bus on weekends. I was thinking of having a mini challenge for the team this weekend to help us stay on track. What do you think? I can post it on Thursday and it can run Friday to Sunday.

I am up for this. The weekends are my nemesis. :s
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,446 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    5r8t63hkc057.jpg
    h7e8wzfffuag.png
    o27h5thrblkr.png
    7udluuxh0s3m.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    u68oqyazszab.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    7cpz500kykdp.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st @Queenieamy 3.54%
    2nd @AustinRuadhain 2.84%
    3rd @28Haveitall2020 2.45%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st @28Haveitall2020 6.0
    2nd @Queenieamy 5.7
    3rd @mainebeachbum 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Jen_967
    @izzyred9400
    @xiaolongbao
    @kiane50
    @floecity
    @jazzagirl30
    @Kali225
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    @trooworld

zjbrls0prcq8.png

Congrats ladies :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just got back from a walk/jog ...I haven't jogged since high school ...eons ago LOL.... Aspen loved it ... we walked/jogged 6.33 miles (shorter than Saturday's walk ) :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I will be zero-ing out people's steps today if I do not hear from you ...Will the following people please post their steps :smile:

@cesse47 10/18-10/25
    @Piqueaboo 10/19-10/25
    @eaturpasta 10/22-10/25
    @TracyKlaft1 10/23-1025

Also will everybody please post that they want to be on the step challenge for November ..if you do not post then I will think you are no longer interested

Thanks everyone for your cooperation :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,555 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 25
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3031

Had a nice time for my grandma's birthday, she turned 84. Ordered from a bbq place we tried once before and really liked. It was my only meal of the day and I had a couple snacks otherwise so I stayed under calorie. Sundays are usually rest day so steps were low. Will get more steps today for sure.

Great job staying under calories!

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. This past week I followed some recipe book recipes - Pinch of Nom ones (recommend having a look at their cookbooks if you haven't already as they can be good for a lower calorie options and also give inspiration into recipes you may not have tried before - as I've found out this week below).

I tried two recipes, Thai style fish with noodles and Keema pie (not pastry unfortunately :( it's more like a Indian flavoured Shepard's pie, both meals were tasty and true to flavour. I'm going to do creamy chicken and mushrooms with rice and vegetables for a evening meal tomorrow from one of the books.. no cream insight, instead it uses cream cheese (like Philadelphia for example) as part of the creamy sauce which will lessen the calories somewhat I suspect.

I feel like even though my food isn't where I'd totally like it to be, I'm slowly working myself back into the mindset I was a few months ago which is good.

Is anyone else thinking about the holidays yet?

CW: 250.2

Nice done on the loss this week! I just check Pinterest and their recipes look interesting. They have an everyday light recipes. The holidays are fast approaching. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are big food days for us. I haven’t really thought about how to approach them yet. On the non food side of the holidays, I started my shopping on the weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have one more joining our awesome team ....lets welcome @kjack011 to the team :) ...we have room for 1 more before we are completely full :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau.

Amazing job...congrats passing 20 lb LTD :)
  • kjack011
    kjack011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and hello. I will be joining the challenge in November. Looking forward to the journey!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    kjack011 wrote: »
    Good afternoon and hello. I will be joining the challenge in November. Looking forward to the journey!

Welcome to our team .... I wish you much success on your journey :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    We have one more joining our awesome team ....lets welcome @kjack011 to the team :) ...we have room for 1 more before we are completely full :)

Hi Megan, I would like to participate this month. Thank you!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a walk/jog ...I haven't jogged since high school ...eons ago LOL.... Aspen loved it ... we walked/jogged 6.33 miles (shorter than Saturday's walk ) :)

Great job!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

Hi Megan, I would like to participate this month. Thank you!!

You are already here so you just keep continuing with us each month :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

Great job!!!

Thank you so much ...it felt good :)
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    10/23 4443
    10/24 5612
    10/25 6708
    10/26 6100
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have 1 more joining us .... Please welcome @363days ...Our team is now full :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps:
    10/23 4443
    10/24 5612
    10/25 6708
    10/26 6100

Thank you so much for posting your steps :)
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    4xd914gpc09c.jpeg

@jenmurphy3

Weight- 230.2
    Exercise: everyday at least 30 minutes
    Water: 40-60oz
    Tracking: infrequent, I can do better
    Goals: make better decisions and have my eye on the prize.

This discussion has been closed.