Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good job on being under your calories! Good job on taking on the late night snacking! That is a really tough habit to beat!
  • lelbarou
    Options
    Check in for Oct. 26
    weigh in day
    CW - 251. 6
    PW - 252
    steps - 6267
    food logging - yes

I didn't seem to lose very much, but I am thinking it will come off next week. I just had a broken tooth fixed yesterday, so I don't think I will have steps today. I feel kind of not great today with the pain from the tooth.
    Laura

• lelbarou
    Options
    oh. I think I had a moment of wishful thinking!
    CW - 351.6
    PW - 352
    Oops!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I want to stay in the step challenge for November
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I want to stay in the step challenge for November

Thanks for letting me know :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just got back from walking 7. 17 miles today (so far my longest :) off to convert and do the steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    OCTOBER WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -141,370
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 128,476
    3rd @rlaskey -112, 299
    CONGRATS LADIES :)

As a group we walked 988,211 this week :)
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just got back from walking 7. 17 miles today (so far my longest :) off to convert and do the steps :)

Wow! That's quite the hike! Bravo!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »

Wow! That's quite the hike! Bravo!

Thank you so much .....I am working my way back up to where I was before my injuries which was 10 miles :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/26: 5,952

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Please keep me in the step challenge for November...I'm hoping to really kick things into gear one of these days.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Oct. 26
    weigh in day
    CW - 251. 6
    PW - 252
    steps - 6267
    food logging - yes

I didn't seem to lose very much, but I am thinking it will come off next week. I just had a broken tooth fixed yesterday, so I don't think I will have steps today. I feel kind of not great today with the pain from the tooth.
    Laura
    lelbarou wrote: »
    oh. I think I had a moment of wishful thinking!
    CW - 351.6
    PW - 352
    Oops!

Bingeing/late night snacking is my Achilles heel. It’s a work in progress. I am seeing a dietitian who has experience in this area tomorrow. Congrats on the loss! Great job on logging your food. I personally think logging is an important step in losing weight.

Awesome walk! I hope to be able to do long walks soon.

OCTOBER WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -141,370
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 128,476
    3rd @rlaskey -112, 299
    CONGRATS LADIES :)

As a group we walked 988,211 this week :)

Well done top steppers! Ok team we need to step up and increase that group total.
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in days Tuesdays
    PW 167.5
    CW 165
    LTD 3
    steps 10/26 6082
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry Megan. Ignore the steps I posted today. They are for the wrong date and I posted a little early. I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk more steps today :)
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I’m Krista, I’m 36, currently living in Oklahoma (But from New York State), stay at home mom to 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 2 and 7 weeks). I’m new to the group for the November challenge. I lost about 65 lbs after my 3rd child was born, had to pause when I was pregnant with my 4th and now I’m back trying to get back on track and losing again. Slowly going to work to getting back to running as well, right before I got pregnant with my 4th I had been training for a 10k.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like too. 😊
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau.

I am eager to hear what your health coach has to say. Well done on hitting the 20 pounds lost milestone. Are you going to celebrate with a treat and I don’t mean a food treat?

I am celebrating by hiring a health coach 🤩 The meeting was good. Her style fits mine- convenient and understands my hatred of exercise. We talked about my calories (too low) and macros. First week, she will review my MFP diary and there is a spreadsheet that will log everyday (weight, calories, macros and I think fiber). Then every week or whenever I indicate that I need help on my spreadsheet she will touch base with me to she how things are going and make recommendations. She will calculate my macros and give me a body weight workout routine which was my request. I’m not ready to become a gym rat but I can do a BW routine twice a week and hike 2-3 times a week.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Greetings Everyone;

This is my first post since joining the Nov. challenge. Since I just joined a couple of days ago, I'll post my steps for the last few days. I realize they won't start counting till Nov., but why not get into the habit!

Thursday 10/22: 10,061
    Friday 10/23: 7,728
    Saturday 10/24: 7,504
    Sunday 10/25: 11,107
    Monday 10/26: 8,115

Oh yeah, My name is Lee, I am happily married. We live in Alaska with our dog and cat who basically run the house!

Let's start November off with a "bang, not a binge"..... I heard that a long time ago :D:D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry Megan. Ignore the steps I posted today. They are for the wrong date and I posted a little early. I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk more steps today :)

Just let me know what they are so I can correct it on the spreadsheet ...Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I’m Krista, I’m 36, currently living in Oklahoma (But from New York State), stay at home mom to 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 2 and 7 weeks). I’m new to the group for the November challenge. I lost about 65 lbs after my 3rd child was born, had to pause when I was pregnant with my 4th and now I’m back trying to get back on track and losing again. Slowly going to work to getting back to running as well, right before I got pregnant with my 4th I had been training for a 10k.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like too. 😊

Welcome to our awesome team :) Glad to have you with us ..wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone;

This is my first post since joining the Nov. challenge. Since I just joined a couple of days ago, I'll post my steps for the last few days. I realize they won't start counting till Nov., but why not get into the habit!

Thursday 10/22: 10,061
    Friday 10/23: 7,728
    Saturday 10/24: 7,504
    Sunday 10/25: 11,107
    Monday 10/26: 8,115

Oh yeah, My name is Lee, I am happily married. We live in Alaska with our dog and cat who basically run the house!

Let's start November off with a "bang, not a binge"..... I heard that a long time ago :D:D

Welcome to our team Lee...So happy you decided to join us ....Would you like me to add you to our step challenge for November
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau.

I am eager to hear what your health coach has to say. Well done on hitting the 20 pounds lost milestone. Are you going to celebrate with a treat and I don’t mean a food treat?

I am celebrating by hiring a health coach 🤩 The meeting was good. Her style fits mine- convenient and understands my hatred of exercise. We talked about my calories (too low) and macros. First week, she will review my MFP diary and there is a spreadsheet that will log everyday (weight, calories, macros and I think fiber). Then every week or whenever I indicate that I need help on my spreadsheet she will touch base with me to she how things are going and make recommendations. She will calculate my macros and give me a body weight workout routine which was my request. I’m not ready to become a gym rat but I can do a BW routine twice a week and hike 2-3 times a week.

Awesome I am so happy you found someone you click with and that will help you :) Do you have steps for 10/26 and 10/27?
This discussion has been closed.