Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks Linda. I hope you have a great day! :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :185.4
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 1.8

Tracked Yes
    Under calories Yes
    Steps 16,620
    Exercise: lower body strength workout & hike

Yesterday was a good day. I somehow stayed within my calories and got a lot of steps hiking a new spot with friends once the kids schoolwork was done. Tried a new recipe for a white bean chicken enchilada. Eating leftovers tonight since I ended up having to run to store during the middle of cooking for a missing ingredient which was so annoying. So happy to squeak out a small loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning our amazing team .....I hope everyone is doing well on this fine morning .... Getting ready to go on our lonnnng walk ... My plan is to beat 7.17 miles (we shall see if we do it ) ... I also have to go to DMV today to get new registration on my truck ....there goes close to 700.00 UGHHH ...guess that is what I get for living in California LOL
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    10/27 check in
    drank water...yes
    8197 steps!

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.6
    CW:170.8... plus .2 for the week. Disappointing, but not surprising as this has been the case for 4 months now. I really would like to to break into the 160's.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4

I am really confused and believe me it doesn’t take much. 😂 I have your weigh in yesterday as PW 171.2 and CW 170.6. Do you want me to change it to 170.8? According to the spreadsheet you have lost 4.2 pounds this month. That is a pound a week. That is right where you want to be. The recommended weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week. Studies show that losing weight at this rate are more likely to be successful keeping the weight off. As you get closer to goal your weight loss will slow down. What do you have selected as your weekly weight loss goal?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning our amazing team .....I hope everyone is doing well on this fine morning .... Getting ready to go on our lonnnng walk ... My plan is to beat 7.17 miles (we shall see if we do it ) ... I also have to go to DMV today to get new registration on my truck ....there goes close to 700.00 UGHHH ...guess that is what I get for living in California LOL

Wow! I always complain every year when we have to pay $120 in Ontario.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Wow! I always complain every year when we have to pay $120 in Ontario.

I will gladly take your 120.00 over my almost 700.00 any day :p
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 10 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,621
    Sleep: Yes
    DBF: 1

I planned some bread in my menu yesterday. So last night went a little better. I am not going to take any bread out of the freezer until I go to bed and then I will take out a few slices for my husband for his lunch. Yesterday was new recipe day. I made orange chicken. My husband thought it was ok but I just didn’t like the flavour combination. Scratch that one off the list. Next week I am going to try either the teriyaki meatballs or the autumn casserole.

I went for a very short walk yesterday. Today I am trying to walk 3 or 4 short 5 minute walks. I also have my appointment with the dietitian regarding my binge eating. I am hoping this will really help me.

Happy Hump Day!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?

My biggest one is my health ... since I quit smoking in Jan. 2019 no more asthma attacks .. I no longer wheeze when walking .....I have more energy then I know what to do with ....My Dr. is happy with my progress and I am just more happy all around ... I still have a ways to go but I am closer than I was :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

For me the biggest benefits are my health and my ability to keep up with my grandkids. I am a type 2 diabetic and my a1c is now in the non diabetic range. It is so much fun to interact with the kids instead of being on the sidelines watching.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

For me, it's been the ability to exercise beyond my expectations, being able to shop for clothing easily (finally fitting in a medium or small blew my mind after being a size 2x/18-20 for so many years, and most of all the health benefits of lowering my BMI, glucose, blood pressure, resting heart rate and cholesterol.

Thanks @lindamtuck2018 I needed this reminder to motivate me to keep going! :)

HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/27: 11,181
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps 10/27: 11,181

Not sure if I missed it ...but I do not have your steps for 10/26
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from my walk ... I beat yesterday's miles ..today I walked 7.72 miles :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Way more energy to keep up with my kids. No more heartburn at night from over eating. Fitting back in to cute clothes I wore forever ago. Feeling comfortable in my own skin and not worrying about so much if people are looking at me. Having more confidence and not being a wall flower-goes along with the people looking at me thing.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8956
    Exercise 60min of walking

My daughter and I went outside for a walk yesterday because she said she wanted to go with me. It was 30 degrees but the sun was shining so I bundled her up so nothing but the middle of her face was showing and off we went. We walked down to the trail and after one time around she was complaining about the cold wind in her face so we headed back home. It took about 35 mins. I just hopped on the treadmill after the kids went to bed and got the other 25mins in.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.6
    CW:170.8... plus .2 for the week. Disappointing, but not surprising as this has been the case for 4 months now. I really would like to to break into the 160's.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4

I am really confused and believe me it doesn’t take much. 😂 I have your weigh in yesterday as PW 171.2 and CW 170.6. Do you want me to change it to 170.8? According to the spreadsheet you have lost 4.2 pounds this month. That is a pound a week. That is right where you want to be. The recommended weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week. Studies show that losing weight at this rate are more likely to be successful keeping the weight off. As you get closer to goal your weight loss will slow down. What do you have selected as your weekly weight loss goal?

@lindamtuck2018 my goal is 1 pound a week. The above amount is correct, the one you mentioned is the prior week's info. CW today is actually 171.6, which sucks. So yes, please change it to 170.8 which it was on my weigh in day. I have been bouncing from 170.2 to 174 for 4 months. I have yet to get below 170.

Hope that makes sense. :)

• eaturpasta
    Options

My biggest one is my health ... since I quit smoking in Jan. 2019 no more asthma attacks .. I no longer wheeze when walking .....I have more energy then I know what to do with ....My Dr. is happy with my progress and I am just more happy all around ... I still have a ways to go but I am closer than I was :)

Bravo Megan on quitting smoking! It is such a challenge! I am currently 7 months smoke free! Woot! You cannot smell me before you see me!
  • eaturpasta
    Options

I like feeling like I can do whatever I want to instead of being wheezy or tired. I actually enjoy getting out and walking or jogging which used to be a drudgery.
This discussion has been closed.