Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I will be continuing the step challenge in November. Thank you :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,679 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I will be continuing the step challenge in November. Thank you :)

Awesome ...thanks for letting me know :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for 10/25: 3,998 (forgot to post it in my post yesterday)
    Today: 10,127

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: GOAL MET!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: DOUBLE MET! (I drank a WHOLEEE gallon)
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I have had only 3-12 oz cans of diet dr pepper (total of 36oz; I typically do 60oz per day)
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! I did do calf raises in between patients when I remembered (BUT STILL!)

Today was a pretty successful day but we were absolutely SLAMMED at work! Super proud of my water intake though! Especially since I am NOT a water drinker at all! I got about 8,400 steps (that recorded :neutral:) So I came home and did a quick run to get my steps in and the rest is history!

Have a great night and an even better day guys!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    We have one more joining our awesome team ....lets welcome @kjack011 to the team :) ...we have room for 1 more before we are completely full :)

Hi Megan, I would like to participate this month. Thank you!!

You are already here so you just keep continuing with us each month :)

Sorry I meant with the step challenge
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have one more joining our awesome team ....lets welcome @kjack011 to the team :) ...we have room for 1 more before we are completely full :)

Hi Megan, I would like to participate this month. Thank you!!

You are already here so you just keep continuing with us each month :)

Sorry I meant with the step challenge

Oh okay ..will leave you on the spread sheet for the step challenge ..thanks for clarifying :)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    10/26 - steps = 10,694
    Over calories today - but not by much
    Talked to my sister while I walked tonight & she was walking too. It was a great way to catch up. Normally I talk with my 85 year old mother while I walk because I tell her what’s happening in my neighborhood. It’s hard to come up with topics on daily basis, but Mom feels like she’s walking with me because I tell her everything I see. She’s glad I’ve stopped biking because I don’t call when I’m on the bike.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/26 - steps = 10,694
    Talked to my sister while I walked tonight & she was walking too. It was a great way to catch up. Normally I talk with my 85 year old mother while I walk because I tell her what’s happening in my neighborhood. It’s hard to come up with topics on daily basis, but Mom feels like she’s walking with me because I tell her everything I see. She’s glad I’ve stopped biking because I don’t call when I’m on the bike.

I am missing steps for 10/25
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/26/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps 2473
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Please keep in the step challenge for November. I have to step it up to make my goal in November.

Welcome newbies. If you'd like, you can friend me. I love watching everyone meet and exceed their goals! It encourages me to stay on track.

Today, however, the sweet tooth hit. Damn Halloween parties and leftover junk food. Back at it tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check in for 10/26/2020
    ScorpioGirl70

Steps 2473
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Please keep in the step challenge for November. I have to step it up to make my goal in November.

Welcome newbies. If you'd like, you can friend me. I love watching everyone meet and exceed their goals! It encourages me to stay on track.

Today, however, the sweet tooth hit. Damn Halloween parties and leftover junk food. Back at it tomorrow.

You are kept ... Thanks for letting me know :)
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Same old same old here. Good and bad days
    PW. 238.6
    Cw: 238.2
    Username 28Haveitall
    Good luck for November.cant believe 2020 is almost gone and we will be stepping into the new year. Next year I want to kiss. Goodbye to all the struggles of 2020. Specifically weight and binging(no surprise😂)
    Xx
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 13,795 tracked
    Exercise: shoulders strength workout

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Worked with the kids in the am and went grocery shopping in the afternoon which helped with the steps since it was another gray day. Can you tell I hate cold gray days so much?!?!?
    Eating was ok, I tracked everything just used too many calories on snacks. Looking forward to a fun night for Halloween. It definitely not all that candy in the house. I can’t even make my hubby bring it in to the office anymore now that he works from home. Hoping sun comes out so we can squeeze in a hike.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/22 check in.

drank water yes
    7274 steps and 15 min on the elliptical
    closed rings...yes

10/23 check in.

drank water yes
    6936 steps and 20 min of HIIT
    closed rings...yes

10/24 check in.

drank water yes
    6066 steps, 15 min on the elliptical and 20 min yoga
    closed rings...yes

10/25 check in.

drank water yes
    6513 steps and 15 min yoga
    closed rings...yes

10/26 check in
    drank water...yes
    6513 steps, 15 min of HIIT and 5 miles on bike

Evidently I am not good at daily check ins. I will try to work on this. I also really need to increase my steps. Any suggestions? I have a desk job that I work 10-12ish hours a day. I have a standing desk and utilize that all day, but steps... I try to do a quick 20 min walk instead of lunch most days. Then get home, cook dinner for fam, clean up, check on kids, go for another walk or bike ride, and bam, it's 9:00pm and I am ready for bed.

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.2
    CW:170.6
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Monday, Oct. 26

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 10/26: 13,000 (Spinning) + 8,250 = 21,250
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I would like to stay in the steps challenge for November.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 152oz
    Steps 9012
    Exercise 45min treadmill

I hopped on the treadmill last night after putting the kids to bed since I didn't do any exercise during the day. Not sure what compelled me but I wanted to see if I could jog. It's something I've never done, never really been able to do without feeling like my chest was going to explode after like 20seconds. I walked for a few minutes and then bumped up the speed and started to jog. Can you believe it, I jogged for 10 minutes!? Went back to walking for a while and then jogged another 5 minutes. Honestly my breathing wasn't too bad but my legs sure we're cramping up. Decided to walk for the rest of the time. I was super proud of myself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau.

I am eager to hear what your health coach has to say. Well done on hitting the 20 pounds lost milestone. Are you going to celebrate with a treat and I don’t mean a food treat?

kjack011 wrote: »
    Good afternoon and hello. I will be joining the challenge in November. Looking forward to the journey!

Welcome to the team!

jenmurphy3 wrote: »

Weight- 230.2
    Exercise: everyday at least 30 minutes
    Water: 40-60oz
    Tracking: infrequent, I can do better
    Goals: make better decisions and have my eye on the prize.

Congrats on you amazing loss! Try tracking even if you do eat more than you planned. My dietitian encourages me to track even if it is bad. I like to go back and look at my food diary from when I was doing well compared to when I am struggling. It really tells a story.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Wonderful Team .......I am off to go on a lonnnnnnnnnng walk .... I will get everyone's steps done when I get back :)

@eaturpasta I will leave you on the challenge ...thanks for letting me know :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for 10/25: 3,998 (forgot to post it in my post yesterday)
    Today: 10,127

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: GOAL MET!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: DOUBLE MET! (I drank a WHOLEEE gallon)
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I have had only 3-12 oz cans of diet dr pepper (total of 36oz; I typically do 60oz per day)
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! I did do calf raises in between patients when I remembered (BUT STILL!)

Today was a pretty successful day but we were absolutely SLAMMED at work! Super proud of my water intake though! Especially since I am NOT a water drinker at all! I got about 8,400 steps (that recorded :neutral:) So I came home and did a quick run to get my steps in and the rest is history!

Have a great night and an even better day guys!

Great job on meeting your goals! Did you use any special tricks to increase your water intake?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/26 - steps = 10,694

I think it is lovely that you talk to your mother when walking. When I was walking I often talked to my Mom. It also makes the walk go much faster.

Check in for 10/26/2020
    ScorpioGirl70

Steps 2473

It is so hard to control the eating when there is junk in the house. I don’t have young kids but when my granddaughters are over there are so many temptations.

Hi all
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Same old same old here. Good and bad days
    PW. 238.6
    Cw: 238.2
    Username 28Haveitall
    Good luck for November.cant believe 2020 is almost gone and we will be stepping into the new year. Next year I want to kiss. Goodbye to all the struggles of 2020. Specifically weight and binging(no surprise😂)
    Xx

Congrats on the loss! I think 2020 needs a boot in the *kitten* on its way out. Keep working on those binges. I know it is a tough fight.

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 13,795 tracked
    Exercise: shoulders strength workout

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Worked with the kids in the am and went grocery shopping in the afternoon which helped with the steps since it was another gray day. Can you tell I hate cold gray days so much?!?!?
    Eating was ok, I tracked everything just used too many calories on snacks. Looking forward to a fun night for Halloween. It definitely not all that candy in the house. I can’t even make my hubby bring it in to the office anymore now that he works from home. Hoping sun comes out so we can squeeze in a hike.

Good job on tracking. Can you adjust your snacks for lower calorie options?

eaturpasta wrote: »
    10/22 check in.

drank water yes
    7274 steps and 15 min on the elliptical
    closed rings...yes

10/23 check in.

drank water yes
    6936 steps and 20 min of HIIT
    closed rings...yes

10/24 check in.

drank water yes
    6066 steps, 15 min on the elliptical and 20 min yoga
    closed rings...yes

10/25 check in.

drank water yes
    6513 steps and 15 min yoga
    closed rings...yes

10/26 check in
    drank water...yes
    6513 steps, 15 min of HIIT and 5 miles on bike

Evidently I am not good at daily check ins. I will try to work on this. I also really need to increase my steps. Any suggestions? I have a desk job that I work 10-12ish hours a day. I have a standing desk and utilize that all day, but steps... I try to do a quick 20 min walk instead of lunch most days. Then get home, cook dinner for fam, clean up, check on kids, go for another walk or bike ride, and bam, it's 9:00pm and I am ready for bed.

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.2
    CW:170.6
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4

I am just so glad you do check in. Nice loss this week. Some of the things I have done to increase my steps are: walk around while coffe is brewing, walk 5 minutes every hour, if I am sitting and I get up for something I will walk around the apartment a few times. [ /b]

CHECK IN: Monday, Oct. 26

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 10/26: 13,000 (Spinning) + 8,250 = 21,250

I get tired looking at your spinning steps. 😂 Awesome work!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 152oz
    Steps 9012
    Exercise 45min treadmill

I hopped on the treadmill last night after putting the kids to bed since I didn't do any exercise during the day. Not sure what compelled me but I wanted to see if I could jog. It's something I've never done, never really been able to do without feeling like my chest was going to explode after like 20seconds. I walked for a few minutes and then bumped up the speed and started to jog. Can you believe it, I jogged for 10 minutes!? Went back to walking for a while and then jogged another 5 minutes. Honestly my breathing wasn't too bad but my legs sure we're cramping up. Decided to walk for the rest of the time. I was super proud of myself.

You should be proud of yourself. This is another benefit to all the weight you have lost. I bet you have been able to do so much more since losing weight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,152
    Sleep: Yes
    DBF: 0

I managed to stay under calories but not the bread. 😬 In the past I never ate much bread but now almost every night I can’t stop eating it. I am going to go for a short walk in a few and see how my leg does.

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
This discussion has been closed.