Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/26: 5,952

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Please keep me in the step challenge for November...I'm hoping to really kick things into gear one of these days.

Will do and thanks for letting me know :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

10/26: 6915
    10/27: only 5pm ... too soon to tell
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Awesome walk! I hope to be able to do long walks soon. Thank you so much Linda ...it feels so good to be able to get out there and walk again ...I have missed it
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in days Tuesdays
    PW 167.5
    CW 165
    LTD 3
    steps 10/26 6082

What an amazing loss! Well done!

Hi everyone!
    I’m Krista, I’m 36, currently living in Oklahoma (But from New York State), stay at home mom to 4 kids (ages 7, 6, 2 and 7 weeks). I’m new to the group for the November challenge. I lost about 65 lbs after my 3rd child was born, had to pause when I was pregnant with my 4th and now I’m back trying to get back on track and losing again. Slowly going to work to getting back to running as well, right before I got pregnant with my 4th I had been training for a 10k.
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like too. 😊

Welcome to the team! Your kids must keep you busy. Are you going to start training again?

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone;

This is my first post since joining the Nov. challenge. Since I just joined a couple of days ago, I'll post my steps for the last few days. I realize they won't start counting till Nov., but why not get into the habit!

Thursday 10/22: 10,061
    Friday 10/23: 7,728
    Saturday 10/24: 7,504
    Sunday 10/25: 11,107
    Monday 10/26: 8,115

Oh yeah, My name is Lee, I am happily married. We live in Alaska with our dog and cat who basically run the house!

Let's start November off with a "bang, not a binge"..... I heard that a long time ago :D:D

Welcome to the team! Alaska has always intrigued me. I love watching shows about it. I love that...a bang not a binge. It’s my new motto!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/25

Steps: 3984 (rested)
    Calories: 1112
    Water: 76oz

I did not quite hit my targets but it was a rest day due to my calf which feels better today. The fantastic news is that the scale is down again today and I have passed 20-lb LTD 🤩 I have been concentrating on protein lately since I am meeting with the health coach tomorrow and we will be focusing on macros. I think the increased protein has helped to blast through this plateau. [/qoute]

I am eager to hear what your health coach has to say. Well done on hitting the 20 pounds lost milestone. Are you going to celebrate with a treat and I don’t mean a food treat?

I am celebrating by hiring a health coach 🤩 The meeting was good. Her style fits mine- convenient and understands my hatred of exercise. We talked about my calories (too low) and macros. First week, she will review my MFP diary and there is a spreadsheet that will log everyday (weight, calories, macros and I think fiber). Then every week or whenever I indicate that I need help on my spreadsheet she will touch base with me to she how things are going and make recommendations. She will calculate my macros and give me a body weight workout routine which was my request. I’m not ready to become a gym rat but I can do a BW routine twice a week and hike 2-3 times a week.

Sounds like a good match! Keep us posted on how this goes.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for Today: 7,676

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met :disappointed: I usually go for a walk even after a 13-hour shift at the hospital but I just had a bad feeling about it tonight so I followed my gut and did NOT go out walking in the dark alone lol.
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: DOUBLE MET! (I drank a WHOLEEE gallon.....again!!!)
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I have had only 2-12 oz cans of diet dr pepper (total of 24 oz; I typically do 60oz per day) Also; didn't entirely finish them so I had less than that.
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! I did a lot of heavy lifting (patients) and tried to do some calf raises and squats in between patients. (wasn't much but it is something)

Soooo....this is the water jug that I take with me to work. I actually probably drink a little more than I gallon because I continuously put ice in it throughout the day. I am not a fan of warm water AT ALL. I did notice I was craving chicken noodle soup earlier and it wasn't until our ER director was like "make sure you're replenishing all those electrolytes that you are washing out!" that I realized why. So I did get some chicken noodle soup (but it is too late for that now) and my coworker gave me an electrolyte packet he had and I felt a lot better.

lr4kdkmfk456.jpg

I also did an (unintentional) 19 hour fast. I was aiming for 16 but the time that I was due, we got slammed so I had to wait but that is totally okay! A lot of my bloat is already coming off so at least there is that.

Tomorrow will be very challenging as I work at the surgery center tomorrow doing phone calls so I will be stationary the majority of the day. Going to have to figure it out when I get there but I am still planning a nice longgg run with my waist trainer tomorrow night too so I should at least get my steps in no matter what. :smile:

Have a great day guys! See ya'll tomorrow!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Steps - 11,038 on Oct 27
    Under calories!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Steps - 11,038 on Oct 27
    Under calories!

Still missing steps for 10/25
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Greetings Everyone;

This is my first post since joining the Nov. challenge. Since I just joined a couple of days ago, I'll post my steps for the last few days. I realize they won't start counting till Nov., but why not get into the habit!

Thursday 10/22: 10,061
    Friday 10/23: 7,728
    Saturday 10/24: 7,504
    Sunday 10/25: 11,107
    Monday 10/26: 8,115

Oh yeah, My name is Lee, I am happily married. We live in Alaska with our dog and cat who basically run the house!

Let's start November off with a "bang, not a binge"..... I heard that a long time ago :D:D

Welcome to our team Lee...So happy you decided to join us ....Would you like me to add you to our step challenge for November

Yes, Megan, please add me to the November step challenge :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @draby2011, that is beautiful water bottle!! :)
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/27/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps 5583
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's a big water bottle @draby2011 :p:D It's great, I need one like that! I get really bad leg cramps if I don't add electrolytes to my water (I also sweat a lot).

FYI: To those who responded to my question about the Slow Cooker vs. the Pressure Cooker---thank you for the recommendations. I did just finally purchase a GoWise Pressure Cooker (12 QT, HUGE one). It should arrive next week and I can't wait to use it to start meal prepping huge amounts of chicken and veggies, etc.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    WELCOME TO ALL OF OUR NEW NOVEMBER MEMBERS! :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's a big water bottle @draby2011 :p:D It's great, I need one like that! I get really bad leg cramps if I don't add electrolytes to my water (I also sweat a lot).

FYI: To those who responded to my question about the Slow Cooker vs. the Pressure Cooker---thank you for the recommendations. I did just finally purchase a GoWise Pressure Cooker (12 QT, HUGE one). It should arrive next week and I can't wait to use it to start meal prepping huge amounts of chicken and veggies, etc.

That’s huge! Hope you enjoy it.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Oct. 27

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    TUES. 10/27: 10,600 (spinning) + 12,719 = 23,319
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, AK is a great place to live. I was born here, and have travelled a lot of places. However AK will always be home. I like watching those shows too!!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for oct. 27
    logged in food
    No steps (its on my phone and didn't go out because of my tooth pain)
    I forgot to mention goals for this week.

Goals
    Track food
    exercise daily
    check in daily
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @363days here we are!
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/27 check in
    drank water...yes
    8197 steps!

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.6
    CW:170.8... plus .2 for the week. Disappointing, but not surprising as this has been the case for 4 months now. I really would like to to break into the 160's.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for Today: 7,676

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met :disappointed: I usually go for a walk even after a 13-hour shift at the hospital but I just had a bad feeling about it tonight so I followed my gut and did NOT go out walking in the dark alone lol.
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: DOUBLE MET! (I drank a WHOLEEE gallon.....again!!!)
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I have had only 2-12 oz cans of diet dr pepper (total of 24 oz; I typically do 60oz per day) Also; didn't entirely finish them so I had less than that.
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! I did a lot of heavy lifting (patients) and tried to do some calf raises and squats in between patients. (wasn't much but it is something)

Soooo....this is the water jug that I take with me to work. I actually probably drink a little more than I gallon because I continuously put ice in it throughout the day. I am not a fan of warm water AT ALL. I did notice I was craving chicken noodle soup earlier and it wasn't until our ER director was like "make sure you're replenishing all those electrolytes that you are washing out!" that I realized why. So I did get some chicken noodle soup (but it is too late for that now) and my coworker gave me an electrolyte packet he had and I felt a lot better.
    lr4kdkmfk456.jpg

I also did an (unintentional) 19 hour fast. I was aiming for 16 but the time that I was due, we got slammed so I had to wait but that is totally okay! A lot of my bloat is already coming off so at least there is that.

Tomorrow will be very challenging as I work at the surgery center tomorrow doing phone calls so I will be stationary the majority of the day. Going to have to figure it out when I get there but I am still planning a nice longgg run with my waist trainer tomorrow night too so I should at least get my steps in no matter what. :smile:

Have a great day guys! See ya'll tomorrow!

I think you made the right call listening to your gut. You still had a nice step count and you met your other goals. Do you do IF regularly? It is something I want to get back into.

CHECK IN: Tuesday, Oct. 27

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    TUES. 10/27: 10,600 (spinning) + 12,719 = 23,319

I just looked at it on Amazon. Looks nice. The 14qt is on sale but I will wait for your reviews. Well done meeting all your goals.

@lindamtuck2018, AK is a great place to live. I was born here, and have travelled a lot of places. However AK will always be home. I like watching those shows too!!

My home province is Newfoundland but I have lived in Ontario for 21 years. Newfoundland will always be my home so I understand what you are saying.

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for oct. 27
    logged in food
    No steps (its on my phone and didn't go out because of my tooth pain)
    I forgot to mention goals for this week.

Goals
    Track food
    exercise daily
    check in daily

I hope your tooth is better today. Great goals!
This discussion has been closed.