TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, November 1!

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Options
    Pumpitusa wrote: »
    I'm in again. The first couple of days are going to be rough. I just lost my brother only 56 yo.
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    10/4/20. 338
    10/11/20 337.4
    10/18/20 334.4
    10/25/20. 332.6
    10/31/20. 329.4

@Pumpitusa I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. ♥️ Take this time for yourself and your family and don't worry about MFP. We're here if you need a virtual hug.

You've been doing great these last few months by the way.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi TBBT!
    I'm Brandi - You're Co-Captain! I'm a 35 y/o stay at home/homeschool mom to a teen.
    I have been on a rollercoaster for way too long, losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over. I am determined to turn that around by learning new habits to stick to, even during times of stress and the unexpected.

I had made these goals last month. Before I could begin to implement a plan more stress and unexpected things popped up. I just threw my hands up and went to easy comfort food. During stressful problems I try to control things that I cannot and become even more frustrated with the situation. I realize that my health, exercise and food choices are things I can control and I need to try to refocus on that. I know that is easy to say, but I am going to try and keep trying to actually DO.

My goals for this month:
    -Exercise 5 days a week. - Even if it is just a 10 minute morning or evening yoga.

-Plan meals 5 days a week under calorie goal.

- Lead by example.

-Learn to get better control of meals on the weekends.

- Lose 4lbs+ this month. (And not gain it all back in the last week.)

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/31
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4118
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD 30, 3500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 36IF, read bible plan , read chapters 📚, daily calm church ⛪️ on line, PT exercise, YOA D1

Yesterday : KD 29✅, 3400 steps 🚶‍♀️✅, 18 IF✅, read bible plan 👎🏻, read chapters 📚✅, daily calm ,✅walk more than I did yesterday👎🏻
  • murdog3t
    Options
    @Pumpitusa I am so sorry for your loss blessing to you and your family at this time
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon new and old members of our team, The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to the November challenge!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! TBBTs co-captain is @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to either of us if you need to! We run a couple challenges(optional!) within the group. One is the MUAC, which brandi has mentioned in the previous post, and a Step/Water challenge, that I will discuss in a post after this introduction! :) If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K We have a small number of fitbit challenge participants, but the more the merrier! :)

I am 28 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a fur mom to a one year old named Dillon(aka Pickle), a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy) and a kitten named Ary(also needle!). One of my favorite things to do is walk with my boyfriend and the dogs. I enjoy hiking, exploring new places, and spending time with friends and family. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I have lost about 80lbs since I began my weight loss journey in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6
    August SW: 169.3
    September SW: 165.0
    October SW: 166.9
    November SW: 168.1

I am very excited to start another month with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in November, team!!!

Below is some info on our step and water challenge!
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! These challenges will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday. Our first week will run November 1st -7th. These challenges run with the same timeline as our weekly weigh-ins and our MUAC challenge.

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will adjust the spreadsheet.

Here is the spreadsheet
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I apologize again, team for my lack of leadership last month. I need to do better for all of you, as well as myself!

I have outlined some goals for this month:
    • Walk each morning before work
    • Track & log all foods each day
    • Remain under calorie goal 6/7 days
    • Strength workout 2x weekly (begin 50squat challenge)
    • Yoga/flex 2x weekly
    • Meal plan/prep each Sunday
    • Meet all challenges for GoT & HP challenges
    • Reflect on progress each week, and adjust as needed

I am not adding weight goals for this month-I think that adds more stress and I haven't been doing well with number goals! I would like to see myself back at the 162 I saw back in September, but I am not going to put that pressure there.

There are no guarantees, but I am also going to try really hard to communicate more with the group this month. I was in a bit of the funk the last few weeks, and I am trying to get my head back on track again.

I am looking forward to a successful month with you all! Let's do this!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    11/1/20
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - walked/jogged 3 miles
    Steps: 8,737
    Water: 135.2

Great job @prehistoricmoongoddess @knlizght

Here's to a great start for a fabulous month. My goal for this month is to end it weighing less than I started :D Holidays are coming up and I need to stay strong and focused lol. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 1 November
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 13,718

I agree with @mooreshelly09 here's to a great month. Starting with a great week. Happy Monday!! 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Sue! I'm 60 years old and live in Southern Maryland, although I grew up in Buffalo NY and have lived all over New England. I have struggled with my weight my whole life but thanks to the Biggest Loser Challenge I weigh the least I have in 40 years. I have been teleworking for 7 months and HATE it! Aside from the isolation I hate having 24/7 access to the pantry. :/ I gained about 7 lbs right off the bat and have just recently managed to lose that.

I have been married for 32 years, I have a son (30) living in Seattle and a daughter (32) in VA. I have one grandbaby and one fur baby. I love to bike, hike, quilt and read. Sadly my gym is still closed and the local park that I like to hike in is closed as well. With the weather turning colder I will have to move my biking indoors to my spin bike. Shout out to the Peloton app without which that wouldn't be a viable option.

I somehow was on MFP for 8 years before discovering these challenges but have recently participated in both the Game of thrones and Hogwarts challenges and loved them. I enjoy challenges as I like to have something to strive for. I'm very happy to be a part of TBBT because everyone is always so supportive.

My goal for November (and December) is to not gain the usual holiday weight. I'm hoping it'll be easier without the rounds of holiday parties, people bringing in platters of cookies for the break room, etc. We'll see...fingers crossed.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - jillsmith8297. - 6.34%
    2nd - @Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 5.35%
    3rd - nekishaearly637. - 5.35%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 5.35%
    2nd - @mooreshelly09. - 4.66%
    3rd - @Knlizght. - 4.28%

@prehistoricmoongoddess @mooreshelly09 @knlizght fabulous work this month! All of you guys in TBBT really rocked it!!!

My best month ever!

Thank you for your support @cmhubbard92

Best wishes also to my team mates

@mooreshelly09
    @knlizght

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @Pumpitusa, so sorry for your loss.

Sunday, November 1st

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 55 minute walk and yoga with Adriene (Day #1)
    water: yes, 10 cups
    steps: 15,211

• murdog3t
    Options

Date: 11/02
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 2815
    Water: 96

Just for today: KD 31, 3500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 22-24 IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, daily calm , PT exercise, YOA D2

Yesterday : KD 30✅, 3500 steps 🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 36IF👎🏻, read bible plan👎🏻 , read chapters 📚✅, daily calm ✅church ⛪️ on line✅, PT exercise✅YOA D1✅

@cmhubbard92 step goal : 25000 per week this month we will see as my hip and knee are still inflamed

Happy November 🦃
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Pumpitusa wrote: »
    I'm in again. The first couple of days are going to be rough. I just lost my brother only 56 yo.
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    10/4/20. 338
    10/11/20 337.4
    10/18/20 334.4
    10/25/20. 332.6
    10/31/20. 329.4

I am so sorry for your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

We are glad to have you back and wish you all the best on your continued weight loss--you have been doing great with it.
  • richmondwriter
    Options

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - jillsmith8297. - 6.34%
    2nd - @Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 5.35%
    3rd - nekishaearly637. - 5.35%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Prehistoricmoongoddess. - 5.35%
    2nd - @mooreshelly09. - 4.66%
    3rd - @Knlizght. - 4.28%

@prehistoricmoongoddess @mooreshelly09 @knlizght fabulous work this month! All of you guys in TBBT really rocked it!!!

My best month ever!

Thank you for your support @cmhubbard92

Best wishes also to my team mates

@mooreshelly09
    @knlizght

You all did AMAZING!! Congrats!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Sandra and a writer who lives in Richmond, Va. My husband and I have two grown daughters, and we just got a border collie puppy to help with our empty nest. One of my goals is to continue doing Hanson's couch potato to 10K running plan, so that when the puppy is older I can go running with her.

Other goals: I have been yo-yoing for so long, and I would like to lose weight for more than one week straight--a whole month would be nice. I will also continue to work to keep my protein 20% or more of daily calories so I will feel full for longer periods of time. My main goal though is just to stay under the daily calorie count, which is my biggest problem. I am glad to be with you all through the challenging holiday season!

MUAC for 11/1:
    Exercised: no
  • cmhubbard92
    edited November 2020
    Options
    11/1
    Steps: 4,400
    Water: 80oz

11/2
    Steps: 25,010
    Water: 96.9oz
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I am back! I got overwhelmed with a sick family member and gave up on my weight loss journey.. Thankfully I continued to get on the scale every day and that helped me stay away from binging and going completely off the rails! I am happy to be back and so glad to see all the familiar faces that held down the fort :smile: here’s to a wonderful November and a fresh start!
    I would like to be a part of the step challenge(8000/daily) and the water challenge. @cmhubbard92
This discussion has been closed.