• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 savasana is my favorite, too 🤣
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Today is also my weigh in day? So I think I'm just supposed to post here? Please let me know if I've gotten confused.

Username: superveggiecat
    Weigh in week:1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's weight: 215.0
    Todays Weight: 217.0

I'm really sorry I'm up. I feel like I just got here, and I've already let the team down. My mother came to visit and we ate out for 4 days (I'm in New Orleans) and my body is just completely freaked out. I hope to make up for it next week.

You can never let us down! You simply being here and reporting is what keeps us all in check. It doesn’t matter lose or gain, just keep on keepin on... ask for advice if you need it. The leaders of this team are great cheerleaders!

@superveggiecat I completely agree with @Krysless2 You've got it next week! Stay strong and focused! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    11/3
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 3,625
    Water: 67.6

Such a hectic day! My boyfriend passed out in our bathroom this morning and hit his head. We spent a while in the ER, but luckily no concussion. I really need to help him focus on a low sodium diet for high blood pressure... A stressful morning, but he will be ok!

When he was feeling somewhat better we went and voted ✔ we spent the rest of the day relaxing. I'm up to 150/1500 squats for the month-10% done! I'm hoping to exceed my 1500 this month! Morning walk planned before work! Now, if only my boyfriend will hide his stash of candy that I keep finding my hands in!!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    11/3
    Tracked: yes
    Steps: 3,625
    Water: 67.6

Such a hectic day! My boyfriend passed out in our bathroom this morning and hit his head. We spent a while in the ER, but luckily no concussion. I really need to help him focus on a low sodium diet for high blood pressure... A stressful morning, but he will be ok!

When he was feeling somewhat better we went and voted ✔ we spent the rest of the day relaxing. I'm up to 150/1500 squats for the month-10% done! I'm hoping to exceed my 1500 this month! Morning walk planned before work! Now, if only my boyfriend will hide his stash of candy that I keep finding my hands in!!!

@cmhubbard92
    I am glad that your boyfriend is doing ok. I'm sure that was very scary. Great job with the squats challenge.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Monday, November 2nd

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 26 minute walk, 7 minutes of a Fitness Blender lunging video and 32 minutes of Yoga with Adriene, Day #2.
    water: yes, 8 cups
    steps: 11,645

I was going to try to do 30 day of yoga, but I m so sore this morning that I may have to rethink that strategy!

@HASWLRS I have found that I really like restorative yoga. No crazy poses but a lot of really good relaxing stretches. It's typically done on the floor with blankets, blocks and bolsters (cushions). You do fewer poses and hold them for longer to really get a deep stretch. Of course my favorite is savasana. 😴😉

@DaffyGirl88
    Thank you for mentioning this. I think that is what I need to look into.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @superveggiecat, welcome, Dorian! I think we were on an Amazing Race team together a few years back. And don't worry about the weigh-in...next week when you are not eating out it will come back down!

@Krysless2, welcome back! Well done on keeping the weight in check while you were dealing with RL.

@prehistoricmoongoddess, congratulations on a super October and for being the 2nd Biggest Overall Loser!!

@mooreshelly09 and @knlizght, congratulations on having a great October as well!!

@murdog3t, nice amount of steps for you yesterday!!

@cmhubbard92, glad to hear your boyfriend is going to be okay and no concussion.

@DaffyGirl88, even though the yoga poses can be challenging right now, I still "enjoy" trying them. I get bored with restorative yoga....not enough activity for me.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Welcome new people.

Sorry for the long personal post. I know some people don’t like these conversations, so please move on if that is the case. For me sometimes it helps to put it out there.

I’m still hanging in, though really not on top of things. When I get into mental funks I just can’t focus on weight loss like I want to.
    Living with depression and anxiety is not easy, and Oct/Nov always bring on the extra seasonal depression. Needless to say the state of the world in 2020 is really bringing it on, on top of everything else.

One positive: usually I quit this challenge in Oct/Nov and come back months later. At least this year I’m still trying, even if it isn’t my best effort.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @erikNJ, so glad that you are still hanging in there! And not giving up all together right now is a huge mental victory for you, so well done! Take it one day at a time, one goal at a time, and I hope things smooth out for you very soon.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Date: Tues, Nov3
    ~~~ Week 1; Day 3 ~~~
    MiniAccountabilityChallenge:
    🖤🖤♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Under Cals(1200, minus Active cals)••
    🖤🖤♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ 1157 cals
    ••Tracking••
    🖤🖤♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes
    ••Exercise(20min)••
    ♥️♥️♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ Yes; treadmill
    End of Day: MFP 5week Prediction: 149.1
    ~~~ 💧Challenges👟 ~~~
    Water Intake(64oz/daily):
    🖤🖤♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ 72oz
    StepGoal(8000/Daily):
    ♥️♥️♥️🔘🔘🔘🔘 ~ 8728 steps today
    Thoughts/Goals/Triggers ~ I finally scraped up the effort to weigh and track my food today and it was tedious and a pain but this is how I lost so much weight the first time so I gotsta do it .. it’s for me😊
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    11/3/20
    Tracked:yes
    Under:yes
    Exercise:yes - walked 2.5 miles
    Steps:9,785
    Water: 101.4

@cmhubbard92 Glad to hear your boyfriend is going to be ok. That had to be scary.
    @erikNJ I completely understand, I myself struggle with anxiety. Hang in there, we are all here if you need to talk <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,552 Member
    Options

@erikNJ I am so glad you are still here, I was thinking about you just the other day. I can't speak for the others but I don't mind long or personal posts at all. If it helps you I'm all for it. If there's anything I don't want to read I'm free to scroll on by.

I have never suffered from depression but the initial quarantine (and subsequent weight gain) hit me hard. Finding these forums really helped me and filled a much needed gap in socializing that I was missing due to teleworking. Sometimes just dropping in to say hi was enough to lift my spirits. 🙋‍♀️

Anyway, glad you're still with us. 😊
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,552 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 3 November
    Track: yes
    Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 15,492

Happy Hump Day 🐫
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 159.2lbs
    CW 157.6lbs
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday, November 3rd

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 38 minute walk
    water: yes, 8 cups
    steps: 14,986

@prehistoricmoongoddess, congratulations on another successful week and another loss on the scales!! You are becoming the poster child for "how to use myfitnesspal to lose weight successfully"!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @brandi_84 or @cmhubbard92, could you please ask Ashley to put the link for the November spreadsheet up when she gets a minute? I like to refer to it periodically to see how everyone is doing, and/or to recall the previous week's weight. Thank you.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

One positive: usually I quit this challenge in Oct/Nov and come back months later. At least this year I’m still trying, even if it isn’t my best effort.
    Ummm ...that is an amazing feat though! I do the same but I leave and then gain++++! I’ve definitely learned that I need to stay in this group even if I’m just maintaining.. good luck @erikNJ ☺️

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@prehistoricmoongoddess, congratulations on another successful week and another loss on the scales!! You are becoming the poster child for "how to use myfitnesspal to lose weight successfully"!!

@HASWLRS

Thank you so much!

It's so true, I couldn't have done this without MFP, and this group.

• brandi_84
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge-

October Week #5(Sunday, October 25 to Sat, October 31)

Winner's Circle 6 or 7 days
    @mooreshelly09 (7)
    @prehistoricmoongoddess (7)
    @murdog3t (7)

Notable Effort:- 4 or 5 days
    @loraloha22 (5)
    @thedestar (5)

Attempted 3 or less days
    @richmondwriter (3)
    @DaffyGirl88 (3)
    @HASWLRS (2)
    @cmhubbard92 (1)

Congratulations to our Winners!
    Great job to those who put in a notable effort this week! Awesome job!

*If I have missed anyone or made any mistakes, be sure to let me know. I will make sure you get a shout out for your hard work.

• cmhubbard92
    Options
    @brandi_84 @HASWLRS @mooreshelly09 thank you all! I really was shaken up a bit from the whole ordeal, but I'm glad things were ok! Today he is visiting his work doctor to see if he's cleared to drive now.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/03
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 3974
    Water: 96

Just for today: KD 33, 3600 steps 🚶‍♀️, 22-24 IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, daily calm, PT exercise, YWA D4, mutu W1/D3

Yesterday : KD 32✅, 3500 steps 🚶‍♀️✅, 22-24 IF ✅, read bible plan ✅, read chapters 📚✅, daily calm✅, PT exercise✅, YWA D3✅, PF W1 D1 /3✅

Happy hump day
This discussion has been closed.