WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    kmriedell wrote: »
    Today I did the bodpod and I am ecstatic with the results! It’s so motivating. My metabolism is fast. Way better than last time! I have lost over 10 pounds of fat and little muscle mass. I went from obesity 1 to overweight. Just so many positives. ❤️ Almost 18 pounds down. Woot woot! My next appointment is next month.
    🥂 Here’s to positive changes!

WTG!! It is so fun to track those changes. As you lose, body composition is more and more a great indication of your progress than just weight. It is also good to visualise the relationship between fat and muscle (and water) as you go.
    Hi everyone :smile: @jugar I love the idea of an accountability partner, I would be happy to give it a go. I'm relatively busy too, but I wonder if I would find it less cumbersome than trying to keep up with the posts here - which is why I often only end up checking in weekly.

Anyway, not sure how I ended up with a loss this week, but I'm taking it! My snacking has been out of control and my meal logging hasn't been too great. But it's a new day/week, so here we go...
    Looks like you got a free pass on this week! Watch out for this coming week - and if you want to try the buddy approach, that can help a lot. I paired you with @YinxFed just because you are at almost the same weight, but it is not possible for Yinka right now. Time zones are fun with you though - we have a few in the UK and Europe, so you're just about 11-12 hours apart. If you want someone with daylight at the same time as you, even though it isn't the same day, we have a few in Alberta, Washington (state), California, and one in Hawaii! Let me know what looks good for you.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

@Micki48 my steps for November 10 is 11,716

Exercise: 38 minute walk 😊
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I got my flu shot on the weekend and my arm still really hurts, so I think I'm laying off the arm exercises for a little longer. :/
    Flu shots are done into the muscle, which explains your discomfort. Unfortunately, the body encourages non-movement when there's a bit of muscle-whingeing (e.g.swelling). In this case, more movement, especially in the bath or shower will make it much better more quickly. In fact, take a nice, warm Epsom Salt bath. (2 cups is the recommended therapeutic amount). You'll be amazed at how well the magnesium works on those achy places - like magic!
    @jugar - good idea for a wee "team" to have more direct contact, sending texts or email. That'd enhance the community experience quite nicely, I believe, (especially knowing that the app can be ornery sometimes).
    It's suppertime. More soon!

• coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Looks like you got a free pass on this week! Watch out for this coming week - and if you want to try the buddy approach, that can help a lot. I paired you with @YinxFed just because you are at almost the same weight, but it is not possible for Yinka right now. Time zones are fun with you though - we have a few in the UK and Europe, so you're just about 11-12 hours apart. If you want someone with daylight at the same time as you, even though it isn't the same day, we have a few in Alberta, Washington (state), California, and one in Hawaii! Let me know what looks good for you.

I'm up and productive in the mornings, so if someone who is more productive in their evenings, that the 11-12 hour difference can work for me, but I'm flexible. :smile:

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I got exciting news today - I met with a surgeon and it will be possible to remove the gigantic hematoma that has been decorating my posterior since April.

That's great news!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @jugar Fantastic news! Keep us posted.
    @MandiSaysHey I hope you feel better today!
    @micki48 Soumds like you had a pretty good day!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Last night, our district voted to go virtual from Thanksgiving to MLK. I have mixed feelings, but after listening to a local Dr., it was the right choice. The one good thing is that it will be easier for me to workouts in. I can work for an hour at 5am when the baby wakes up and then take an hour break during the day.

@jugar well, I am glad you are having surgery to remove it nad way to go on those booty muscles! 🍑

@MandiSaysHey I hope you feel better soon

@micki48 sounds like a great day!! Keep logging and keep moving you got this!!!

@kali225 Late night snacking can be hard. Sometimes, I am legit hungry because I didn't eat enough during the day, but most of the time, I just like a snack while I watch a show after I get the kids to bed. Great workouts!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    I'm up and productive in the mornings, so if someone who is more productive in their evenings, that the 11-12 hour difference can work for me, but I'm flexible. :smile:
    Here are a couple of other suggestions - @Kali225 or @evelynladams527 or @kmriedell
    You are all in the same weight range and could make two pairs or a little group of 4. If the time zone problem is a pain, then I would suggest @snakagawa11 or @Steph1498 where the differences would be more manageable.

If anyone wants to look at where people live or their stats, go to our spreadsheet at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K-4xnu_YPx7PD1R3eXjLO1FqDh2aL-0pgLKna1YkQFg/edit?usp=sharing
    Choose Waistaways from the tabs on the bottom, and then scroll ALL the way to the right, after the "green weeks" box, and it tells where people live if they have told the group. If your name or place are not there and you would like them to be, let me know!

To view the spreadsheet on phone or mobile, you'll need the google sheets app. On the web, it just opens as a tab in your browser.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 175.2
This discussion has been closed.