WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Terytha You take care of you. That is the most important thing! ❤️

@jugar Thank you for the exercise explanation. That makes so much more sense. ✅
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps and Exercise update for 11th November:

Steps - 2336
    Exercise - none (rest day)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @MandiSaysHey I can't edit the above post, so I'll have to correct it here! Is it just the rotel that's undrained? Or all of the cans?

Thanks! I'm going to try it

Can someone tell me what rotel is please :)
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    Steps update November 12
    @micki48
    Steps: 6,162
  • travelingalone1
    travelingalone1 Posts: 59 Member
    @eggfreak, rotel is canned tomatoes chopped with chili peppers, and sometimes other seasonings.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Username: Planemonkey
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday (a tad late this week)
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217.4
    LTD 26.6 Lbs

My poor behaviour has caught up to me. I'm going to have to make some adjustments and meal plan better.
    Wow. You call that poor behaviour? You stayed the same weight? Amateur...
    Does anyone have a go-to, low calorie but filling, weeknight dinner recipe they can recommend? I need to add to my arsenal of go-to food so I don't fall back on takeout and give in to hubby's requests for calorie dense foods. Help! I need to break this barrier of bad habits and laziness to get the scale moving again in the right direction.
    Look up "high volume eating" and you'll find tons of recipes where you get to eat a lot of food that does not add up to tons of calories. It is the only way I have managed to stay at a good weight - a huge proportion of every meal is vegetables or fruit, and the smallest is the high-density stuff like fats, grains, etc. I make the same kind of dinner most days - a big skillet full of vegetables, then I throw in some protein thing or legumes, decide on a sauce (ginger and soy, herbs and olive oil, curry, etc.) and off we go. I brown most of the vegetables with no oil or water and then add the seasonings etc. afterwards with the protein. It is easy, filling, and I get to eat the entire skillet of food all by myself. But if that kind of mishmash is not to your taste, there are loads of great recipes in the high volume world.

@evelynladams527
    I love the idea that Monica is like the family dog! We have a lot in common - walking is all about running all over the place and burning off energy :smiley:

@evangsimmons170
    Holy cow, we have all been wondering how you do it all! So glad to hear you are wondering too :o Good on you for re-building the wagon though, and I'm so happy for you that things seem to be going well with your ex-soon-to-be non-ex! That sounds so wonderful. A different work profile sounds like a good move too - something's gotta give, right? And we don't want it to be you. :heart:

Big shout-out for tomorrow's weigh-ins!
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Kali225

And @eggfreak for today still yet to come.
    @krcapone78 - are you still with us? Come on in for an update and a weigh-in!

Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Username: Planemonkey
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday (a tad late this week)
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217.4
    LTD 26.6 Lbs

My poor behaviour has caught up to me. I'm going to have to make some adjustments and meal plan better.
    Wow. You call that poor behaviour? You stayed the same weight? Amateur...

@jugar what I didn't include in that post is that the weight I submitted was from Tuesday, because I wasn't able to get to a scale for my scheduled Wednesday weigh-in, and when I weighed myself Thursday I'd gone up 3 Lbs! So I'm using Tuesday's weight and going to try to turn it around by next week. If I'm not able, it's gonna be ugly. I'll definitely check out the volume eating. Too many veggies irritate hubby's intermittent IBS, so finding a balance is tough. Salads seem to be ok for him so I'll have to get back to those while I do more research.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member

@PlaneMonkey nope I dont rinse the beans, I dump all 3 cans right into the crock pot. I suppose you could drain them but then I would add in some chicken broth because the liquid from the cans keeps the chicken nice and moist/tender
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @Terytha sounds like a little break could be helpful until you get your stress/mental health in a better place. Just don't undo all the great work you've done! Definitely don't let calorie counting negatively impact your mental health though! Hope you are feeling better soon. ❤
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @MandiSaysHey I can't edit the above post, so I'll have to correct it here! Is it just the rotel that's undrained? Or all of the cans?

Thanks! I'm going to try it

Can someone tell me what rotel is please :)

Rotel is canned diced tomatoes, with chiles. It's kind of Mexican flavored. Basically diced tomatoes with a little spice.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    PW 145.5
    Thursday weigh in
    CW 145.5
This discussion has been closed.