WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
imvirdc2owbj.png

Here is your Team chat room for November 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    Welcome to November!
    This is our home for the month, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month. A good focus on the small every day stuff will get you where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48. I live in rural Québec, about 85 miles east of Montreal, and I'm a retired university professor of music. I haven't retired from being a musician, but these days the performance opportunities are zero! My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed on quite a lot while in an admin job that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for 8 years now, always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and others who are working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

If you are getting close to goal, you will soon be on the Goal Zone Team! Maintenance takes work, and this is where it happens. You will get good at staying where you have worked so hard to get.

Let the introductions roll!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    KMRiedell
    Monday
    PW: 200.0
    CW: 187.6
    LTD (Loss to Date): 12.6

Hi everyone!
    I’m Keri, I’m a SAHM of three young women. I only have one left at home she is 16. My Mom also lives with us. As it is much easier to take care of her here. 💗 I have three grandchildren ages 7, 4, and 1. Life is good. 😊 we live in Gloucester, Va about an hour North of Newport News.

My goal is to get to 150. I watched as menopause packed on 50 pounds. No more! I’m in control now. 💪🏼

We got this! I’m glad I found this challenge.
    Cheers my friends!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Welcome to November!

I'm Courtney and I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer at the Ottawa Airport in Canada but I live across the inter-provincial bridge in a rural town in cottage-country Quebec. I turned 40 this summer and had great plans to hit the gym and get in shape beforehand, and then Covid happened and I lost all motivation when the gym closed and stress-ate my face off while on lockdown.

I've been gaining and losing the same 40lbs for almost 20 years, so I'm hoping this time, with all of the motivation around me like I've found in this group, I will finally stick to it, and learn to be satisfied with the calorie limit I should actually be consuming instead of my goldfish tendencies to eat until I want to explode. This is now my third month with this group, and I've started to dip back into the 'wine with dinner' habit and that needs to be reserved for weekends only for me if I hope to keep this downward progress.

My goals for November are the same as last month:
    1. Log honestly every day
    2. Avoid wine on weekdays
    3. Remember to drink water!

Last month I managed #1 ok, but #2 slipped up by week 3 (I blame hubby as the bad influence) and #3 I blame on mask wearing at work cause my face is always covered and I feel awkward taking the mask off to drink unless I run and hide away from co-workers to do it. Gonna have to find a better method to make sure I stay hydrated!

Looking forward to another great month with this team!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @jugar

Wonderful! I am assuming that this is your weight for last Monday, since we are not to Monday yet. Are we? I know we add on an hour this weekend, and I get confused about the days now that I'm retired...

Haha yes. Last Monday weigh in.

I got excited! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Good morning gang! I just woke up on Halloween morning (on Maui) and tomorrow I will start the November challenge with this awesome group of people. I am heading out to our local farmers market to stock up on supplies for the week. My adult daughter still lives with me (she is a student) and we usually have a grand Halloween with a haunted house and lots of fun. This year we skipped the haunted house but decorated nicely. We aren't sure if we will get any children at all. Our local government is not outright banning trick or treating but is highly discouraging it. My dilemma is do I stay home and hope for some children to come around (and get rid of all of this candy at my house) or do I go out to eat dinner (to help our local restaurants). Decisions, decisions ... Happy Halloween everyone

Order take out and eat at home. Best of both options!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm Amber and one of your motivators. I've dropped from a starting weight of 276 to my current 168, so let me tell you: it CAN be done. And it feels awesome.

I live in Alberta, Canada with my husband and cat. I like experimenting with low calorie dessert recipes and any kind of cooking that requires a minimum of effort. XD

My goals for November:

- Do not give in to the Halloween candy.
    - Drink water.
    - Get 3000 steps every day.
    - Write 1,667 words every day for NaNoWriMo.

And to that end, I may stay up until midnight tonight to start writing. We'll see how tired I feel.

What an awesome loss!! I bet that was quite the transformation!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Happy almost November!
    My name is Evelyn. I live in Vermont near the Connecticut River with my spouse and 3 cats (3rd spouse, come to think of it!). My goal this week is to start reconnecting with my eating habits in a more purposeful way and to weigh in on Wednesday. I may end up changing it to a different day, but will keep it there for now. I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up - more specifically, what kind of work I want to do in this time of COVID-19 that isn't giving massages at a Spa in an elite hotel. In spite of the many protocols in place for a "safe work environment", I'm not confident that it's enough.
    So, I'll check in here and listen to your sage advice.
    Have a great night!

• jugar
    @evelynladams527
    I'll need a starting weight for you for November - this would be your weight (even by guesstimate) for Wednesday this week (the 28th of October). Then you'll be all ready to weigh in for Week 1 this coming Wednesday!
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    edited November 2020
    @jugar about LTD (your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever) should the highest weight be considered from when I joined the F2F challenge (65.9kg) or highest weight I had in my life (68.8 kg)? Also may we have the link of habit tracker for November? :)

Hey everyone,

This week was so busy and chaotic for me so unfortunately I couldn't read most of messages, but I should say wellcome to the new team members :) I'm Masoumeh, 33 years old, married & no kid, machine-learning engineer, living in the Netherlands. I gained around 18 kg during the past 3 years and most of my life I was around 48-54 kg, so this weight gain changed lots of things in my life and I felt I don't know myself anymore. Since Jan2020 I started reducing my added sugar intake, without calorie counting and excercise. I lost 2.9 kg in 9 months. From Oct2020 I joined to this team and lost 3kg at this month, and was able to increase my excercise hours from 8hr/month to 27hr/month. At the moment I do not feel any rush to lose the weight immediately, but I would like to have a consistent healthy diet and exercise regularly, which can lead to the weight loss.

For November I will keep my October goals with minimal changes:

- exercise 7hr per week (& more pilates hours than Oct.)
    - 1200 to 1350 calorie per day
    - daily food log
    - no added sugar
    - 8 glass of water per day
  • jugar
    @jugar about LTD (your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever) should the highest weight be considered from when I joined the F2F challenge (65.9kg) or highest weight I had in my life (68.8 kg)? Also may we have the link of habit tracker for November? :)

Absolutely from your highest weight ever. We want to celebrate the BIGGEST losses!

And you are asking at the perfect moment. I was just about to post this!

Here is the link to the November Habit Tracker - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814468/habit-tracker-november-2020#latest

This is available to anyone on F2F - please give it a serious try. Check things off every day, and then at the end of the month you can evaluate which habits are working and which might need revision or more commitment.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW: 63.6 kg (140.214 lbs)
    CW: 62.9 kg (138.670 lbs)

LTD: 5.9 kg
  • jugar
    edited November 2020
    Our first weigh-in of the month is a green! (for new people - losses are recorded in green on our spreadsheet, so we make a pretty big deal out of that colour!) Thanks @mbakhtiaruz :smiley:

Sunday weigh-ins:
    @YinxFed
    @graceojo999
    @Terytha

Here we go, November!

by the way - if anyone wants to look at the spreadsheet, here it is -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K-4xnu_YPx7PD1R3eXjLO1FqDh2aL-0pgLKna1YkQFg/edit?usp=sharing

You go to the tabs on the bottom of the screen, pick Waistaways, and check it out! This link is always on the F2F homepage, so feel free to scroll around in there any time you like. Everyone's name is there too if you're curious! Everyone who has told us their name, that is... and where they are from are way off to the right after the "weeks in the green" section.
  • travelingalone1
    travelingalone1 Posts: 59 Member
    @jugar,
    I wanted to know if I could please change my weigh-in days from Mondays to Saturday? Mondays are going to be a very busy day for the next 6 weeks and it would be one worry off my mind! Thanks Karla
This discussion has been closed.