WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @eggfreak The rocks thing was mostly a joke. There's always a point in the writing process where I get stuck with my plot and fed up with my characters, and the running joke at that point is "rocks fall, everybody dies. Some of those rocks were blue with specks..." etc and just write 50k words about rocks.

The challenge is to write 50K words after all. Not necessarily 50K good, coherent or interesting words. :smiley:

Anyways, I made it to yesterday's goal of 5,000 words which means I'm 10% done. I've been doing this since 2006, and in a funny way it prepared me for the effort of weight loss.

Behold, two very slow moving progress bars:

qpim62re1x81.jpg

zkx3daz0iiij.jpg

NaNoWriMo taught me years ago that hard work and patience produces results. At the start, when your progress bar has the tiniest sliver filled in, it feels like you'll never get anywhere. That this is impossible. An unbelievable undertaking.

But if you take it day by day, break it down with a tiny goal of a mere 1667 words, its not so bad. And that progress bar grows quickly and it's soooo satisfying when it happens.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Terytha such a great outlook!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 152.2
    CW 154.4

• offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 175.6
    CW: 175.8
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    qe0udwjdy1lm.jpeg

WAISTAWAYS OCTOBER WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS

TEAM STEPS: 422,727

hs6zab7ahfpe.png

STEP STARS

1. @KellyBgetsfit 104,069
    2. @Kali225 92,200
    3. @jugar 87090

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOALS

@Kali225 7/7!!!!! Way to go.
    @KellyBgetsfit 6/7
    @jugar 5/7
    @jguldi11 5/7

and...

FINAL RESULTS FOR WAISTAWAYS STEP TEAM FOR OCTOBER

1,851,637 STEPS!!

TOP STEPPERS FOR THE MONTH

1ST - @KellyBgetsfit 407,750
    2ND - @Kali225 392,766
    3RD - @jugar 379,013

These three steppers consistently claimed top spots all month long. Congratulations!!!

k6t6c3va9mqq.jpeg
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @Terytha ha! love the rock explanation but even better it led to a great example of plugging away a little at time to reach a goal. TY!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Step and exercise update for 3rd November:

Steps - 2556
    Exercise - 38 mins Core strength workout
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: Β»
    Step Challenge for November... Calling all steppers...Who wants to challenge themselves with steps?
    avbz7ew3tb0n.jpeg

If you are interested in participating in our November step challenge, let me know by responding to this post. Please let me know what your daily step goal is and then be sure to post your steps. You can post your steps daily or all at once at the end of the week, which ends on Saturday for us. Please get all steps in by Sunday afternoon. Your steps are recorded at the bottom of our team's spreadsheet. When I have recorded your steps, I will mark your post "Insightful".

You may also participate by sharing your exercise or both steps and exercise. @jugar has wonderful magic to convert your workouts to steps. Be sure to let her know minutes, kind of exercise, and intensity.

I post weekly results highlighting team steps, top steppers and those meeting daily goals. Join us! It's fun and great accountability.

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey
    4. @ells_runs

Can I please join in with steps again this month? My goal, as always is 15,000 πŸ€—

Thank you β™₯️

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CW 186.7
    My first weigh in 11/1 for F2F was 187.3.

The highest weight I got to was 198. I think I could safely say that it snuck up to 200 but I never weighed myself enough to know for sure.

Today was a beautiful day. Sarah and I went up to Emily's (northern Vermont) to pick up the rest of Monica's stuff to bring home for "her"/"our" next chapter. It'll be nice to be able to be a "safe pod" all together. It'll be challenging and wonderful, just like the trek of weight loss.

We just got home 30-minutes ago so, I'll end this here.
    Have a restful night, everyone.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Update for exercise and steps.

@micki48

Steps: 13,270
    Exercise: mprzq00aq0af.png
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 145.5, I'm still trying figure out a goal range.
This discussion has been closed.