WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    November 1: Steps: 13,969
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Step Challenge for November... Calling all steppers...Who wants to challenge themselves with steps?
    avbz7ew3tb0n.jpeg

If you are interested in participating in our November step challenge, let me know by responding to this post. Please let me know what your daily step goal is and then be sure to post your steps. You can post your steps daily or all at once at the end of the week, which ends on Saturday for us. Please get all steps in by Sunday afternoon. Your steps are recorded at the bottom of our team's spreadsheet. When I have recorded your steps, I will mark your post "Insightful".

You may also participate by sharing your exercise or both steps and exercise. @jugar has wonderful magic to convert your workouts to steps. Be sure to let her know minutes, kind of exercise, and intensity.

I post weekly results highlighting team steps, top steppers and those meeting daily goals. Join us! It's fun and great accountability.

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    micki48 wrote: »

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey
    4. @eggfreak

• CurvyCalorie
    @Pearl4686 I agree with your way of thinking. An egg is worth way more than a cookie. Great thought topic for my day!! Thank you.
  • CurvyCalorie
    edited November 2020
    Username: KMRiedell
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): October 26 187.4
    CW (Current Weight): 188.2
    LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever: 11.8
  • snakagawa11
    snakagawa11 Posts: 13 Member
    Good Morning And Happy Monday

1st a Quick introduction, I'm Vikki, I am 49 and live in Baltimore MD, Married with 3 grown children.. I am currently trying to convince them that they are the reason I need a tummy tuck so they should pay for it.. It's not going well...

Anyway, I have been chubby ever since having kids, right after my youngest I was very successful on Weight Watchers and got down to my goal of 135... Then stress entered, my relationship sucked, my job sucked, I moved out, bought my own house raised 3 kids by myself blah blah blah... Then I met a great guy, kids grew up, I got a new job, got married, got comfortable, then I was 192 pds, drinking all the time, smoking, having a grand ole time.. then I felt like *kitten*, the husband had some health issues, I had become a version of myself that was alot of fun and always up to go out and party, but I didn't feel good... So last end of last Sept I joined this group and it's been great, I have lost 30pds, gotten in much better shape, and although I am still working on quitting smoking (it's a roller coaster, I can go a month without smoking, then smoke for a weekend, then quit again) I don't drink nearly as much as before, and I have gotten really good at exercising and being active...

My November goals:

Exercise:
    3 days a week strength training
    2 days a week Yoga
    4 days a week 10k steps

Food:
    3 free days ( Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, and one random day)
    The rest of the days I want to track everything, and be under my calorie goal, with only eating 25% of my exercise calories...

Mental Health:
    I want to use my planner everyday, and not only write down my goals for that day, and earn my sticker, but to record whatever I am grateful for that day.
    I want to read 5 out of 7 days per week.
    I want to get out on atleast 3 nature walks.

Hope you have a great day !

Hi Vikki: Your story sounds a lot like mine! I am from New York originally but have been living in Maui for over 30 years. I smoked most of my life with a few big quits (7 years and 4 years). I finally quit for good the day my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer over four years ago. I started using the nicotine lozenges and, like I do, got addicted to them -- I finally gave them up a couple of months ago (very hard to do but easier than cigarettes) and have gained over 7 pounds in that time. Good luck on quitting -- it can be done!!
  • snakagawa11
    snakagawa11 Posts: 13 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey
    4. @eggfreak

I am new to this group and want to give myself a month to learn how to get around on here but I would love to join next month
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey
    4. @eggfreak
    5. @evelynladams527 8K steps
    ...quote)
    Thanks, @micki48
    Have a lovely Monday!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,892 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have been very slow at getting online today - it is wintery! Snow and wind, wild and crazy out there, and I had to do a lot of running around for groceries and other things. It will all probably melt late in the week when it warms up again, but I am enjoying the beginning of my favourite season.
    MandiSaysHey
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 238 8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 236.8 lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 51.2 lbs

Does this mean you JUST hit 50 pounds LTD and passed it a bit? There will be a celebration! You keep it off this month, and you will be on the celebrations list :smiley:

I have been remiss in my nagging, as often happens when I finish the tallies on Sundays and develop a severe, but temporary, allergy to being online doing the spreadsheets. But I get over it quickly! It is time for a dose of remindering.

Sunday and Monday weigh-ins still due:
    @graceojo999
    @krcapone78
    @jguldi11
    @reflectionofme
    @ells_runs
    @dashofwicked
    @JvalaNavin

Thanks! And don't forget, if you want to include your LTD (loss to date) it can go right back to your highest weight, even if you had not joined mfp yet.
  • CurvyCalorie
    edited November 2020
    Hello team!
    Today is cold and windy. I’ve been trying to find a warm place to walk. No luck. Any suggestions? Haha We live an hour from anywhere. Haha JK (mostly) Tonight I think I’ll get on our stationary bike. I don’t particularly like it, but better than nothing! My other thought is to let my Mom lose In Wal Mart and walk every isle till she is done and ready to go home. She would love that!! ❤️

Cheers!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    @micki48 Can I please stay on the steppers team - my daily goal is 6000 steps?

Step update for 1st November:
    Steps - 2320
    No exercise
This discussion has been closed.