WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @micki48 Can I please stay on the steppers team - my daily goal is 6000 steps?

Step update for 1st November:
    Steps - 2320
    No exercise

Absolutely!!! You’re on!! 🤗
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I tried to post earlier, but my phone totally froze up and would not send the message. It has little memory left.

@eggfreak Glad to have you rejoining the team. What’s your daily goal?

I cannot remember what I read and was responding to before. But I am so happy to be here with you wonderful people.

I took a 40 minute walk this pm with the little one to get one last glimpse of the Halloween decorations. It was a chilly beautiful day. 🌞 I am steps away from my daily goal of 9k. I have also done some of my PT exercises.

Stress level here in the US is going up and that includes me as well. Please let it be peaceful. There have already been issues here in N.C. ☹️ Just hoping for the best. Instead of eating bad foods with my daughter this afternoon, I had a Clementine. Win! Tomorrow I may need to drink somewhat. 🍸 🍷 🤫😂 I’ve already voted, so that’s done.

I have logged all my food, so that’s a win too. For my self-care goal today, I cleaned up all of my plants I brought inside. Not really me but makes me feel good to trim out the dead. I may paint my toes later.

@jugar brrrr! Happy winter season to you. Glad you have your trusty stove working again.

I will try and check back in a little later.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Step update for November 2

Steps: 6,795
    No exercise today.

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.9
    CW: 125.7
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 HI, your earlier post regarding calorie counting...For most of my life I was never interested in calorie counting - just not for me. I did very well at one point with the 'Sonoma Diet' (less of a diet, more of a portion control tool) but then that mental trick wouldn't work for me again and I finally gave in to calorie counting. Not for everyone, I know. But an added bonus by logging and using MFP is that it will break down the nutrients of all that you logged, not just calories- it's very cool. At the bottom of your day, on the phone app, tap on Nutrition (I don't see the option on the computer) and it gives you the numbers. It's where I realized that I am consistently too low getting my potassium and iron and helps me try to pay attention to what I'm eating to try to boost those. I just accidentally discovered last night that if I tap on 'potassium' for instance - it brings up a pie chart showing the potassium percentage of all the meals in that day. Like I said, calorie counting not for everyone, but MFP makes it a much more useful tool. The first column is what I logged, the second is the daily goal, and the third is the amount over or under (not sure why they choose to show a surplus for the day with a minus symbol).
    c6j0zmooscrd.jpg

• krcapone78
    krcapone78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Had some weight gain from October but hoping to get back on track:
    Weight in Day Monday

PW: 166
    CW: 167.6
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

1. Micki48
    2. @kmriedell
    3. @MandiSaysHey
    4. @eggfreak
    5. @evelynladams527 8K steps
    6. @Kali225 10K
    12. 10.
    ...quote)
    Thanks, @micki48
    Have a lovely Monday!

Yesterday was not a great Monday for me - no workouts besides a walk to the grocery store and 20 min of yoga (a nice session but not a strength-building one or anything). All the Halloween candy was on sale at the store and I am not mentally at the point where I can just walk by a bag of snack size kitkats for $1, so that went into the cart and mostly into my stomach. Oops. I was tempted to even order out for dinner, but I kept my mini goal in mind of not eating out this month. Luckily, work is slow this week, so my plan today is to get in a whole bunch of workouts and also let the sweat distract me from the election. Going to be a hectic day. I need some new music to run to, as well.

Seeing a LOT of green weigh-ins already this week - go team go!! [Not confident I will be in that category by Friday, but cake this weekend was worth it, frankly. :smile: )
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe so sorry to hear that! Pets are such a part of the family. Our family cat turned 15 this summer and is starting to show signs of ageing. Virtual hugs to you.
  • coffeetwist
    coffeetwist Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    PW: 83.9kg
    CW: 83.1kg

@CanadianGiraffe so sorry to hear about your cat! :'( pets are truly a special companion, so it's devastating when they pass. Sending hugs your way.
This discussion has been closed.