WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe Yikes! Just a really rough time for you guys right now. Fingers crossed that things go smoothly and he improves soon. I hope you and your husband have support during this time with other family or friends ❤

@KellyBgetsfit One of my kids always has ear stuff that is hard to spot before you get to the terrible mommy guilt phase. I totally know how you feel 😌
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @jugar Really excited for your upcoming appointment! Hope it goes well 😊
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @jugar I believe it’s time for a new scale!
    Hopefully, all things positive, with your scan!

@micki48 uodate for November 5
    Steps: 15,524
    Exercise: 1 1/2 hour outdoor walk 5 miles and 437 calories

Good night everyone. Chat in the AM. 😊
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    PW 88.6 kg
    CW 87.9 kg
    SW 96 kg
    Feeling good. Now must make it last the weekend. Last weekend was a food disaster but I guess 5 days out of 7 still works. But kicking myself I could lose a kg a week if only...
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @CanadianGiraffe so sorry, I am sending prayers for your son, your peace and safe travels.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks have been emotionally challenging for many of us, myself included. I've added you and your son to my prayers @CanadianGiraffe and hope he heals soon!

I haven't been to the gym yet this week, my sleep had been disturbed until yesterday and when I don't sleep well I have such little motivation for exercise. Thankfully last night was more restful and I plan to go to the gym today. I chose to not streas about my step goal this week because I just couldn't handle another stressor.

That being said I am very happy to report I only engaged in comfort eating on Tuesday and otherwise have done well in managing calories, logging, and making mostly healthy choices.

The weekend is looking fabulous and sunny so I intend to spend much of it outside enjoying the last bit of warmth before our Michigan winter hits.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't great, I went over calories, and that is because I did not exercise... I got home from work and was so sore, my core hurt, my hamstrings, and my upper back... I'm telling you that Yoga stretched things that hadn't been stretched in a long time... So I took the day off.. but I adjusted, so I will still meet my weekly goal, Sunday was supposed to be a rest day and just a nice nature walk, so I will move Strength to today, and Sunday, and Saturday will be yoga... I will still do my nature walk on Sunday also... The 10K days are all the same, luckily yesterday wasn't one of them...

I don't have alot going on this weekend, the weather will be super nice, so we are Kayaking on Saturday, but not till the afternoon when it warms up a bit, so my goal is to get up and exercise my butt off, and get my 10K steps and yoga done before we go, and if I do, I am taking a bottle of champagne with me... lol Nothing better than sitting on the water, relaxing, watching the birdies, while sipping on some Vueve...

Sunday I will get up early and take the puppers to North Point, it's a really neat park it's on the water, and used to be an amusement park that they would ferry people to from the city, but nature took over a long time ago, and they made it a state park back in the 70's, but the concrete paths, a fountain (empty), and the power station building ( just a concrete shell), and some foundations of stuff that used to be there... So it's kinda fun to wander around and imagine what it used to be... Then I have football at 1, then prep for the week...

Hope you have a wonderful day !

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 184.5
    CW: 187.7

Suffice to say my parents' scale was a tad off. :unamused: I think it may also be that time of the month soon, so hopefully in position for a better week next week. Sleep has been difficult this week, and poor sleep also gives me migraines so I've had a fairly persistent headache for 2.5 days, ugh. Still looking forward to nice weather this weekend.

@CanadianGiraffe so sorry to hear about your son. Sending positive thoughts!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks for not writing me off for this month's challenge. November is already running at 'break neck' speeds. My exhusband, whom I'm currently 'redating' had hernia surgery on Monday, so I've been taking care of him this week. All the other irons are still in the fire too. So I'm exhausted....but determined.

@jugar I don't know what starting weight you have for me, but...

PW (as of 11/1/20) was 347.4
    CW = 346.8

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comforting words. Unfortunately we have had an even more difficult situation arise in our family. Our eldest 36 year old son was hospitalized Tuesday with an infection circulating in his blood stream which is attacking various organs including his heart, eyes and lungs. He has Type I diabetes and while it isn't the cause of the problem it certainly adds to the challenge of dealing with it. With Covid-19 he can only have limited visitation and he has designated my husband and me. So for now we are driving 6 hours round trip every day to the hospital. I am apologizing in advance but with all this I may be invisible here for a while. If any of you are so inclined, we would covet your prayers for our son's healing and for all the medical team who is caring for him.

Praying for all of you right now, @CanadianGiraffe
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PW 175.0
    CW 172.8
    Combination of being bloated last week and feeling like I've been punched in the gut most of this week so I don't feel much like eating
This discussion has been closed.