WaistAways - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    @jugar Im totally up for an accountability partner!

@micki48 exercise and step updates for November 7
    Exercise: None today
    Steps: 10,715
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    kmriedell wrote: »
    Steps and exercise update for November 6
    Total steps: 7,469
    Exercise: 1 hour stationary bike (steps not counted in the above count)

@micki48 Thank you for keeping track of all this!

You are quite welcome! Thanks for all your step reports. You're doing great! :)
  • micki48
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar I'm totally up for trying that, especially since you've teemed me up with the lovely @micki48 .
    I am one of those crazy busy people you mention so I don't want to make any promises but I will try my best. I don't know what SOP stands for but I'm using my imagination... ;)

Hi Pearl! I'd love to be your buddy. I need something (someone) to help me staying on track and make a move down the scale again. So, how are you doing today? I'm getting my head back in the game after a crazy week. I can't believe it, but somehow, I actually lost this week. Probably because I had a big gain last week. In any case, I will take it. I would love to end this year with a little loss. So far, it has pretty much been a maintaining YEAR for me. Better than a gaining one I guess, right?

Hope your day went well!!! What are your aims for this week?
  • micki48
    @kmriedell I'm not sure what happened because I have been staring at this screen reading all the messages (over 50) for what feels like hours. I already had an entry, 12,965, for the 7th before your post above. I really don't know where that came from. Can you confirm the correct amount for Saturday the 7th? I'm happy to leave the higher amount. :wink:

12,965 or 10,715???

PS You are such a wonderful, supportive addition to this team. I really enjoyed all your posts.

Wow! It took a bit, but I have finally caught up with all the post from this past week. I don't think I'll do that again. Today wasn't a perfect day, but not bad either. I made a list. Checked most of the things off my list. I do notice the things I usually don't check off involve those things that are the best for me. I did not take a walk or do Pilates. I did, however, do my PT exercises. Didn't quite make it to my daily 9k goal today. I might be able to get a few more, but probably not to 9k. Tomorrow is another better day!

@CanadianGiraffe I am praying and hoping that things are going well and that your son is feeling better very soon. Know I am sending virtual hugs and lots of Light to help you through this difficult time.

@jugar Great news that you may soon be rid of the bump on your bum. What a pain in the *ss to continue for so long. I know you will be doing all the things very soon. Just take care when you are taking ashes down the steps of your porch.

@evelynladams527 So glad to see you back! Best of luck to you.

@conleywoods Happy to hear you are figuring all this out. You are an inspiration! I am grateful for all your positive support and your insightful posts.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Way to go, girlfriend!!!!! How exciting to be in the 150s. I never doubted you would. You are amazingly disciplined.

@Terytha You know you will not be at 169 forever. Sometimes our bodies need time at a new weight to make a new "setpoint" I think it's called. Your losses this year have been amazing!! Be patient. It will happen, I have no doubt. You are awesome!!!!!

@KellyBgetsfit Sure hope your little one is feeling better soon.

To all of you, thanks for your inspiring posts. Thanks for being part of this team.

Goals for Monday:

*Pilates
    *9K goal
    *Log ALL of my food
    *Stay under calories
    *1 act of self care

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar I'm totally up for trying that, especially since you've teemed me up with the lovely @micki48 .
    I am one of those crazy busy people you mention so I don't want to make any promises but I will try my best. I don't know what SOP stands for but I'm using my imagination... ;)

Hi Pearl! I'd love to be your buddy. I need something (someone) to help me staying on track and make a move down the scale again. So, how are you doing today? I'm getting my head back in the game after a crazy week. I can't believe it, but somehow, I actually lost this week. Probably because I had a big gain last week. In any case, I will take it. I would love to end this year with a little loss. So far, it has pretty much been a maintaining YEAR for me. Better than a gaining one I guess, right?

Hope your day went well!!! What are your aims for this week?

Hey Michelle. So glad to hear you had a loss this week! Do we communicate on here or do we message privately? I sent you a message, let's see if that works.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2020
    @micki48 I’m so sorry. Apparently I don’t know how to read a calendar. Hahaha 🤷🏻‍♀️

Here are my steps for the past week.

November 1. 13,961
    November 2. 6,795
    November 3. 8,305
    November 4. 13,270
    November 5. 15,524
    November 6. 5,765
    November 7. 7,469
    November 8. 10,715

@jugar My weigh in today November 9
    183.2 Woot!! Woot!!

Tomorrow I do the bodpod. I’m interested to see how my new scale measures up!

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    kmriedell wrote: »

Tomorrow I do the bodpod. I’m interested to see how my new scale measures up!

I had to look up what that is...very interesting! Happy Monday!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    What a weekend. My eating devolved both days and I know what stressors sent me to the kitchen repeatedly BUT I seem to have expended enough to balance the calorie intake, whew. I ticked a few things off my to do list but there is just too much to do right now. It's my turn for a week in the office and I'm going to set up my meals & snacks for the next few days once I'm off here.
    Got a walk in last evening and have been adding in some short stretches of running to get my heart rate up. I've always hated running but for whatever reason (maybe carrying less weight) has made it a little more bearable. If I could ever do my whole walking route at a run ...that would be a good goal.
    Found a delicious yogurt that I might just keep in the fridge as an alternate to ice cream...Aldi's brand Friendly Farms Whole Milk Key Lime Yogurt - so yummy, and at only 59 cents, a bargain. Highly recommend.
    Have a great Monday everyone!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @KellyBgetsfit that sounds rough, not sleeping can mess with our bodies in so many ways. I hope things improve for you!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    @jugar I did 60 min the elliptical this week, but I didn't know if there is a step equivalent to it. It seems like it should give me steps, but it doesn't. 🤷‍♀️

The elliptical gives you plenty! The chart gives 230 steps per minute, but you'd have to be going like a crazy person to burn that much - I will convert those minutes at 180. I'm sure you were having a good sweat on that machine!
    The last week has been hard. Work has me very stressed out and anxious. Mom life has been hard. My 4 year old wakes up several times a night. One night, I slept for 3 hrs 45 min, not in a row. I am lucky if I get 6 hrs, not in a row. This morning, I got up at 5am, ready to workout and the baby got up 5 minutes later.

My weekend wins - went for a walk on Sat, even though I was exhausted. I logged all weekend (all week actually) I did NOT eat all the carbs like I usually do when I sleep deprived. I not only washed the clothes, but I put them away - HUGE WIN for me. I am always doing laundry and I hate putting it away.

I remember weeping outside my daughter's room. Sunk right down on the floor. She did not sleep through the night until she was almost 5 YEARS old, not months. For the first couple of years, it was never more than 2 hours at a stretch. Best thing that ever happened was when she learned how to read and could just wake up and read for a while without having to wake me up. My son was the best sleeper ever, thank heavens. Don't sweat not being able to do all the things! Get plenty of protein, and if you don't lose weight now, you will once things settle down and you can sleep more. Many, many hugs are flying your way. And well done on the laundry! Putting away is the worst part. Train the kids young to somehow love that job. Hide all their favourite things in the drawers where things have to be put away or something!
This discussion has been closed.