CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527
    Oh my gosh YESSSS! I literally have dreamt about seeing the 170’s. LOL
    YOU got this!! 💪🏼 🏆
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit you are superwoman! Keep doing what you're doing. Isnt it amazing how well you sleep when you've managed to exercise? Life sure can throw curveballs. Hope the crown you lost doesn't put you in too much discomfort. Things will smooth out for you soon!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'm not sure if we want to count my weight this week, (maybe TMI?) I'm very bloated due to hormonal reasons. On the plus side my body seems to be ovulating on its own WITHOUT MEDICATION for the first time since I was a teenager! As such I really don't mind the gain this week.
    PW 242.4
    CW 244.0

@SMcFall0215 you are completely valid in stating food can be like a drug. For many of us (myself included it would seem) eating food causes a chemical reaction in the brain that actually hits the same reward pathways as drugs or alcohol. In fact there's a medication called naltrexone that is used for alcohol and opiate addiction, and it recently became approved for weight loss (when combined with bupropion) because it helps manage cravings. As an addictions therapist it is both interesting and oh so frustrating to experience this struggle myself. Don't leave now, having peer support can be one of the most impactful parts of recovery! Additionally, I have found the book Life is Hard, Food is Easy to be very inspiring.

@evelynladams527 you have inspired me to take a magnesium bath too. I haven't done that in months, thanks for the idea!!

Today was a busy day, did some work at the office in preparation for my stay-cation next week, had an appt with my new PCP to get some labs done, got my tire fixed, went to the gym for cardio and weights, had a healthy dinner, and now a relaxing bath.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    @SMcFall0215 you are completely valid in stating food can be like a drug. For many of us (myself included it would seem) eating food causes a chemical reaction in the brain that actually hits the same reward pathways as drugs or alcohol. In fact there's a medication called naltrexone that is used for alcohol and opiate addiction, and it recently became approved for weight loss (when combined with bupropion) because it helps manage cravings. As an addictions therapist it is both interesting and oh so frustrating to experience this struggle myself. Don't leave now, having peer support can be one of the most impactful parts of recovery! Additionally, I have found the book Life is Hard, Food is Easy to be very inspiring.

Thank you I’ll definitely look into that book!!

• MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 7125
This discussion has been closed.