MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps 4385, had a lazy day today
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    PW: 220.6
    CW: 218.2

HOORAY! I am finally going the right direction. Maybe I will see some consistent looses and finally get past 214 and out of the teens. My goal is to stay in my calories, keep up with my weight lifting workouts and keep working on my protein intake for more balanced macros.

Getting out of the teens just sounds like such a good idea - you follow those commitments right on through, and you'll be seeing numbers with no teen attached! Countdown! I remember last year, (or some time!) @micki48 made construction paper chains - the kind we used to make to decorate the house for Christmas when I was a little kid. Each chain had a number on it, and when she lost the amount to get rid of that number, that link on the chain was torn off, and hopefully taken out and burned! It was a fantastic representation of the weight loss, the loosening of the chains, and it also makes a good decoration if you don't look at the numbers! Maybe you could post a photo of that project, Michele? It was a great one.
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm with you on the lazy day today @MandiSaysHey I did a good Pilates session, but otherwise did not walk a lot and I'm not getting on the exercise bike tonight. I tried to go on a hike on one of my favourite trails on a nearby hill, but it was closed because of hunting season until Tuesday. Hmmph. It's a good hike with a heck of a hill to begin, but then it is really mellow with great views after that. It is on the side of a mountain, but does not lead to the summit - and right next to it is a long and curvy lake. It's a wonderful trail, so I'm going back next week.

It is already time for the Friday reminder! Every week I wonder how that can happen so fast. Here you all are -
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Kali225

I'm hoping you're all doing well :heart:
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my steps for November 19
    Thank you
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW 162.4
    CW 161.2

First loss I have had in MONTHS! this week was a better week. I didn’t cave to ALLLL the sweet treats in the house and I stayed within my calories all but 2 days.. and it paid off!!

Well done, keep it up!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a successful day ! I did not get any work walks in though, I was very busy. Although our work has slowed down considerably, my assistant isn't coming in due to the virus, ( she doesn't have it, she is just has health issues that could make it bad if she did get it) So I have to do her stuff too..

Anyway, it's FRIDAY ! I am soooo happy for friday ! This has been a rough week...

Today is just yoga day, which I am thankful for, although it's looking like a beautiful day so I am going to get some walks in today !
  • jugar
    Options
    Woo hoo! It's going above freezing today. The young deer are out in the back, the grey is slowly lifting, and I hope to get out for a long ramble today.

We're almost to week 4 - the final week of November. What numbers are you going to track especially well this week? Water - hours of sleep - minutes of exercise - steps - calories - grams of fibre or protein or sugars, etc. Pick one or two and really track them all week. Magic numbers challenge returning for week 1 of December - you'll be ready!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 189.6
    CW: 187.1

Well, that's better. Basically, November has been a wash, but I'm not going to let it get to me.
    @jugar I realized that next week, my weigh-in will be the day after Thanksgiving haha so I think I will try to weigh in one day early (the calm before the storm, if you will), if that's ok!

Is it me or has this week lasted 6 years? I need this weekend so bad. I am traveling Sunday to be out of town all next week for the holiday. I got a covid test, came back negative yesterday, so I feel safe traveling (by car, by myself, to a rural area), but I hope everyone else in my family who is coming is also getting tested!

I also think I really overdid it with workouts this week. I am super sore today, and was likewise yesterday & Tuesday. I am taking a real rest today. But I need to have a solid plan for tomorrow - what are you guys planning for weekend exercise??
  • jugar
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thank you @Jugar haha I feel the only reason I am dropping so much weight is because I have a lot to lose. Also, guys lose weight faster so that might be another thing. For context, I am 6ft and still have 80 lbs to lose to get to a normal weight. Here are the reasons why I am losing weight in descending order of importance.
    1. My tastes have changed. Before counting calories, I spent 2-3 months just trying to enjoy healthy food and move away from rice, Oreos, Burger King and other heavy carb meals I used to enjoy. I don’t crave those things anymore. I remember this day in July (2nd month of calorie counting) when I lost all willpower and went to the kitchen to stuff my face. But then I realized I had no clue what I wanted to eat. I wasn’t craving any of the unhealthy food and as for the healthy food, I would be eating it very soon anyway. So that day and all the others, I just stayed within my cal limits.
    2. I eat between 1750-1820 calories everyday and my TDEE is around 3300 calories. I got that info from here: https://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ . This is a steep deficit and the reason why I am losing so much weight.
    3. I eat a lot of protein every day, infact every meal. I consume 160-170 grams of protein on average. We have these 200 calorie grilled chicken snacks here in Germany that I keep around in case I get the munchies. It is delicious and filling, and I don’t think I’d last if I was eating mostly carbs.
    4. Most of my meals are calorie dense. My criteria for selecting a food is that it should be delicious, high in protein and less than 200 calorie per 100 grams (just a random number I chose). If it’s high in fats, that’s just icing on the cake. Bread is the only thing I regularly eat that doesn’t meet my dietary standards.
    5. I drink a lot of water and need to go pee ever 2-3 hours. I don’t keep junk food in the fridge ever. My one vice is Coke light that I drink more often than I would like.
    6. I struggle with boredom eating a lot so I try very hard to keep myself busy. It’s specially hard for me on the weekends so I try to leave the house as often as I can. I am that dumb dude that would travel 20 miles outside the city to go to Ikea to buy a scissor.
    7. Sadly, I haven’t been doing well with exercising. I started cycling a month ago but I get very hungry afterwards so I am feeling discouraged in that area. I don’t want to exercise right now if it makes it difficult to stick to 1800 cals.
    8. What else – I don’t eat in restaurants. I hate having to estimate calories so I stick to food with nutrition labels and weigh everything except spices.
    9. One analogy that really helps me get some perspective is this one – There are so many days when I don’t want to go to work but still, I do because that”s what being an adult is all about. It’s the same with food. Sometimes you are hungry but you should try to deny yourself that fleeing pleasure because that's part of being an adult too.

Please note that this is all my personal experience and there is every chance that YMMV. Cheers!
    This is helpful and interesting - great attitude. Sometimes we really just have to roll up our sleeves and do it. I'm jealous that you get to eat 1800 calories, though - old story!! I got into big trouble trying to keep up with my taller half (6'3") years ago. It finally sank in that I just can't eat like a tall guy!

I am wondering if some other form of exercise might have less of an impact on your hunger. My son has the same problem as you do - when he cycles a lot, he loses too much weight and is always hungry. He finds strength exercises have much less of that effect - weights or even bodyweight exercises work better than cardio to keep him from having to blow too much of his budget on food.

In any case, you are doing great - and thanks for sharing the details.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Thank you @Jugar haha I feel the only reason I am dropping so much weight is because I have a lot to lose. Also, guys lose weight faster so that might be another thing. For context, I am 6ft and still have 80 lbs to lose to get to a normal weight. Here are the reasons why I am losing weight in descending order of importance.
    1. My tastes have changed. Before counting calories, I spent 2-3 months just trying to enjoy healthy food and move away from rice, Oreos, Burger King and other heavy carb meals I used to enjoy. I don’t crave those things anymore. I remember this day in July (2nd month of calorie counting) when I lost all willpower and went to the kitchen to stuff my face. But then I realized I had no clue what I wanted to eat. I wasn’t craving any of the unhealthy food and as for the healthy food, I would be eating it very soon anyway. So that day and all the others, I just stayed within my cal limits.
    2. I eat between 1750-1820 calories everyday and my TDEE is around 3300 calories. I got that info from here: https://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ . This is a steep deficit and the reason why I am losing so much weight.
    3. I eat a lot of protein every day, infact every meal. I consume 160-170 grams of protein on average. We have these 200 calorie grilled chicken snacks here in Germany that I keep around in case I get the munchies. It is delicious and filling, and I don’t think I’d last if I was eating mostly carbs.
    4. Most of my meals are calorie dense. My criteria for selecting a food is that it should be delicious, high in protein and less than 200 calorie per 100 grams (just a random number I chose). If it’s high in fats, that’s just icing on the cake. Bread is the only thing I regularly eat that doesn’t meet my dietary standards.
    5. I drink a lot of water and need to go pee ever 2-3 hours. I don’t keep junk food in the fridge ever. My one vice is Coke light that I drink more often than I would like.
    6. I struggle with boredom eating a lot so I try very hard to keep myself busy. It’s specially hard for me on the weekends so I try to leave the house as often as I can. I am that dumb dude that would travel 20 miles outside the city to go to Ikea to buy a scissor.
    7. Sadly, I haven’t been doing well with exercising. I started cycling a month ago but I get very hungry afterwards so I am feeling discouraged in that area. I don’t want to exercise right now if it makes it difficult to stick to 1800 cals.
    8. What else – I don’t eat in restaurants. I hate having to estimate calories so I stick to food with nutrition labels and weigh everything except spices.
    9. One analogy that really helps me get some perspective is this one – There are so many days when I don’t want to go to work but still, I do because that”s what being an adult is all about. It’s the same with food. Sometimes you are hungry but you should try to deny yourself that fleeing pleasure because that's part of being an adult too.

Please note that this is all my personal experience and there is every chance that YMMV. Cheers!
    This is helpful and interesting - great attitude. Sometimes we really just have to roll up our sleeves and do it. I'm jealous that you get to eat 1800 calories, though - old story!! I got into big trouble trying to keep up with my taller half (6'3") years ago. It finally sank in that I just can't eat like a tall guy!

I am wondering if some other form of exercise might have less of an impact on your hunger. My son has the same problem as you do - when he cycles a lot, he loses too much weight and is always hungry. He finds strength exercises have much less of that effect - weights or even bodyweight exercises work better than cardio to keep him from having to blow too much of his budget on food.

In any case, you are doing great - and thanks for sharing the details.

Weight training is something I can see myself doing for a long time so that's really good to hear. Once the gyms start opening again, I am gonna give it a try :) Thanks for being so encouraging :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Weekend exercise - great question, Kali!

I started off a bit early and took a good long, hilly walk today. I took a break to have a chat with these two lovely ladies -

j0cv190lapdm.jpg

Tomorrow the weather starts heading back to below freezing, but I'll get another walk in, this time with a human friend, and do my fave dumbbell workout (Raneir Pollard - he's hilarious, and wise :smiley: )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbGRva9eHg&list=PL40uPicg0q8dMlR14Fl2frJ6mV7SmyZ7s&index=1&ab_channel=POPSUGARFitness

Saturday and Sunday I'll do my usual combo of Pilates and exercise bike, with walking outside if it isn't too messy out there. Mix of rain and snow on the way.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Steps update for 19th November: 2166
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps for November 20
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PW: 220.6
    CW: 218.2

HOORAY! I am finally going the right direction. Maybe I will see some consistent looses and finally get past 214 and out of the teens. My goal is to stay in my calories, keep up with my weight lifting workouts and keep working on my protein intake for more balanced macros.

What a fabulous loss! So happy for you! :)

@Pearl4686 Great job beating your record with the 5K. That's great time.

I can't believe it is already Friday night and yet this week was years long. This week has been so so. I had a day or two of eating lots of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. But other than that, a fairly typical week. That doesn't mean perfect week, which is why so many of you are losing at a great pace and I have not really lost anything this whole year. But, I have stayed around the same. Well, a slight bump up a few weeks ago, but the last two weeks I have whittled away at it.

I have no clue where I am at this point for my weigh in tomorrow. I have had plenty of healthy salads, but will those cookies make me pay? We'll see tomorrow.

Exercise this weekend? I may try the one you posted @jugar. I know I need to add more cardio to my week. I walk, but often only get a little cardio with that. No gyms for me with this pandemic, plus we no longer belong. I'm going to either need to ride my bike or do videos to get that heart rate up. That is one thing I haven't been good at lately.

Numbers to watch and focus on???? Well, I know I need minutes of cardio to improve. And I suppose I need to watch my total calories. I'm not sure I have that in me motivation wise. (still not logging) So, maybe I need to get more days of meeting my step goal. This week was not great in that way.

@happimess01 Thanks for that link. I checked it out. When I find the motivation to log my food. The calories the calculator gave me was helpful as well as the protein %. Thank you for your inspirational post. I enjoyed reading it. And when is it not a good idea to drive to IKEA for anything? ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps for Friday 17,110
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    PW: 162.2
    CW: 161.4

@happimess01 That link is great and I’m constantly searching for protein sources. So thanks for the overview.
This discussion has been closed.