MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/10/20 = M 🌟 (not sure I'm going to keep going with the "L" part)
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟
    11/17/20 = M 🌟
    11/18/20 = M 🌟 (I accidentally took the dinner med at lunch, but at least I took it!)
    11/19/20 = M 🌟

@SummerSkier

What a beautiful photo! 😊

Happy Friday, Friends! πŸ’–

WOW Look at you go!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Maddie! πŸ’•
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 Excellent!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    2/3 of the way through November!!
    How are you??!

Nov 1 GRACE: πŸŽ‰
    Guided meditation
    Reflection
    Artmaking
    Chat
    Exercise
    Nov 2 GRACEπŸ₯£ πŸŽ‰
    Nov 3-6 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Nov 7-20 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£πŸ“–
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Added 25 Modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups:
    Nov 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 20 πŸ’ͺ🏻

This system is working well for me. I’m happy, learning, connected, engaged, creative, peaceful, and healthy. So far, so good. ❀️

December will be here before we know it!
    Pondering December’s β€œI Will”... 😁
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @nebslp

Thank you! πŸ’•

@MadisonMolly2017

It's wonderful that you've found a system that's working so well for you. Your success is inspiring!

My December "I Will's" are to continue with taking my medicine as prescribed and to add ten minutes of reading a book daily. (Lol, I'm posting this so someone can remind me if I forget. πŸ˜‰)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/10/20 = M 🌟 (not sure I'm going to keep going with the "L" part)
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟
    11/17/20 = M 🌟
    11/18/20 = M 🌟 (I accidentally took the dinner med at lunch, but at least I took it!)
    11/19/20 = M 🌟
    11/20/20 = M 🌟
    11/21/20 = M 🌟
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 you are doing great! I like that you are already thinking about your next month increment. Have you picked out a book yet? For me sometimes I dive into a book and I can't get out!

@MadisonMolly2017 next month REAL pushups!!!!??? Sounds like you are having a great month so far. The sunset photo over the water was magnificent! thank you for sharing that. It made me remember that I grew up in the east and our Sunrises are over water but not sunsets!
  • PKM0515
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @SummerSkier

Thanks! I actually found a paperback in my house that I don't think I've ever read: "Murder Under the Mistletoe and Other Stories." The copyright year is 1992. However, I'm going to see if I can get a digital copy of one of Anne Perry's Christmas books through the library. I've read most of them, but not all.

Are you reading anything at the moment? Hope you're having a good weekend!

P.S. Here's a link to a site that lists Anne Perry's Christmas books, in case anyone is interested: https://www.fantasticfiction.com/p/anne-perry/christmas/
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,970 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB chatting with your husband sounds like a better way to spend your morning than getting on social media even if we miss hearing from you. 🀣
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @77tes wow that looks like sooo much fun❣️
    Happy Birthday❣️❣️❣️πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽΆ
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @77tes Belated happy Birthday!!!! So glad you got to celebrate with your family and dancing is always such great fun. looks like you are finishing out Nov quite strongly by your tracker. :)

@PKM0515 I am not currently reading anything as I am in a non reading phase of life but like all things I know it will come round again.

I am still pondering what Dec might bring. I am enjoying keeping up better with all the photos for sure and when I see the newer favorites on the digital screens it reminds me that refreshing them each month to add new favorites is a really good habit to get into.

Summer
  • nebslp
    Options
    Finally! I'm checking in... I do get sidetracked and especially when I have 3-4 days in a row out of regular routine. Even on those days I have filled out my daily planner every day. With the exception of those upset days, I got in at least 1400 steps by noon, and went to the basement to contemplate my workout which resulted in action about half of the time. I've studied French and did some creative work or class most days and have decluttered an area at least one day a week. But I don't like the look of my tracker because I have huge white lines that show I haven't been tracking my food or organizing my photos like I had planned. I'm also feeling anxiety. I think I have too many areas of focus and I need to cut something out. Or just do a 3X/week tracker so I will feel less stressed to do everything every day. I'll figure that out before December. Only a week away now!

@77tes Belated Happy Birthday to you! And your tracker looks awesome!!

@SummerSkier You are doing so well with your photo organization. I need to take a lesson from you :)

@MadisonMolly2017 I see lots of good things happening for you in so many ways <3 The sunset photo was so beautiful!

@PKM0515 WOW! What a positive checklist you have going!! As far as book choice goes, I guess it all depends on what you like. My sister loves Louise Penny books, but I find them too slow moving. I recently read Leave Her to Heaven and loved it. Not really a Christmas book though :o A favorite recent book was News of the World by Paulette Jiles. It's going to be made into a movie with Tom Hanks opening at Christmas, but in theaters, so I won't be going just then.

I forgot how to tab again so I'll have to stop here and read earlier comments another time.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Hey, we're glad to hear from you any time! It sounds like you're doing well with the water intake. The icons you chose are really cute!

@Queen_Celeste How are you doing? You have an aggressive goal with lots of steps. If you're doing everything in your laundry plan even half the time, heck, even one time a week, I would consider it a success. Be kind to yourself and don't expect to change old habits overnight. Keep us posted :)

@texasgardnr How goes it in beautiful Texas?! I look around my room and am surrounded by papers and wonder if you could send me your paper tiger whip soon, please!? You are doing great!!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @nebslp it sounds like you are doing really fabulous. There is something about Nov and Dec - maybe the shorter days and the current Covid19 which are giving a lot of us anxiety. Maybe you just were not meant to track food or organize photos this month?!! Focusing on the new habit seems to be working tho?

I am finding as the 2nd month of favoriting and the first month of filing photos progresses that I am becoming choosier and choosier as to which photos get the little heart. Interesting. At first I loved ALL of them and now I am starting to see some do not need to be in the rolodex. LOL.

December approaches and we can all choose to do a tracker with multiple things to keep up with or just focus on one new small habit yes? I really have taken a break from the tracker and find that I am probably still doing most of those things every day anyway.

I picked up another group this month. The monthly ultimate accountability challenge. For me I like to post daily (as yall may have noticed B) but here I have been trying to hold off as this group seems more of a check in a few times a week or month group and work on your own. Anyway, that one is really focused on just 3 things on a daily basis. For me. I "secretly" added my one small habit to the list and it's been nice to check in daily. So anyway, for those looking for more daily accountability and focus on exercise, tracking and staying within your cals it's a great place with a lot of supportive folks also.

summer
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Hello Team November
    I am checking in and wishing everyone a good holiday!

I find myself struggling but keep reminding myself that dips are temporary. I had some health issues that set me back but today I feel more or less back to my normal self and am motivated to get back to where I was.

@SummerSkier I am impressed with your doing weights after your walks. I need to consider something like this.

@77tes I like being reminded about the benefits of gratitude. It is easy to forget and yet so positive. And a wonderful happy birthday to you! What a lovely way to celebrate.

As always, I am inspired by everyone's posts. Waving hello to all!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thank you for making me feel better about not meeting every one of my goals on my tracker. I always seem to think I can do everything and then get disappointed when I only manage to do half as much even though half is good. I think I will try to think smaller next month. Making those photo decisions is hard, and sometimes it's the emotional impact that makes us choose one over the other. Sometimes it's the technical beauty of it. I guess it's whatever makes us happy when we look at it that counts in the end. The group you've joined sounds good so I checked it out. It's a lot like the one that I've been in on and off for years now. It's The Biggest Loser Challenge and I've rejoined that one again this month after a month off and a 3 lb gain :# You're put on a team and then see which team (out of 4 or 5) has the biggest loss at the end of the month. I always feel more pushed to try harder when I know others are depending on me to help out. I am doing extremely poorly in the weight loss area right now so the accountability should help.

@znaoiec It's good that you're feeling better now. Setbacks are not welcome, but are to be expected, unfortunately! I hope you continue to improve and get back to where you want to be.

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yep, I’ve been in UAC since March 2018. It’s terrific, but this group is more intimate & more focused on β€œbuilding better habits” in a broader sense.

As I’ve posted often in MFP, I credit these two groups & NOOM for my successes. Each serves a different need.

Glad the photos are going well!

As for trackers or not
    One habit or more
    New habits only or maintaining habits also... This group enables you to decide what will support YOU the most.

It’s about experimentation, action, reflection/assessment, and then modification ie ITERATIVE iMPROVEMENT - much like what you did with your photos @SummerSkier

It is the action that helps us iterate & craft workable, sustainable habits/solutions for ourselves - over time!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I've heard NOOM advertised a lot but had never known a real person who had tried it. Now that I do, I will look into that :) I like it when people mention things they've tried or read, not because I'll do all of those things, but it opens up my mind to see things in a different way sometimes, and that's ALways good.

This group is so independent and open-minded. That's what I love about this. Each member brings their own special personality and gifts. <3

Maddie, your mention of action reminded me of something from one of my Bosque del Apache webinars that I need to transfer to my "words of wisdom" book. Michael Novo was talking about photography, but it applies to life in general. "Forget inspiration. Force yourself to get out of bed and take a photo of anything. Inspiration is wonderful - It's the action that gets us there." For me, so often the intention and inspiration is there, it's the action that's missing.

Let's make December the best month ever in 2020!!! 5 more days!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    @MadisonMolly2017 I've heard NOOM advertised a lot but had never known a real person who had tried it. Now that I do, I will look into that :) I like it when people mention things they've tried or read, not because I'll do all of those things, but it opens up my mind to see things in a different way sometimes, and that's ALways good.

This group is so independent and open-minded. That's what I love about this. Each member brings their own special personality and gifts. <3

Maddie, your mention of action reminded me of something from one of my Bosque del Apache webinars that I need to transfer to my "words of wisdom" book. Michael Novo was talking about photography, but it applies to life in general. "Forget inspiration. Force yourself to get out of bed and take a photo of anything. Inspiration is wonderful - It's the action that gets us there." For me, so often the intention and inspiration is there, it's the action that's missing.

Let's make December the best month ever in 2020!!! 5 more days!

Yes!!!!
    And yes, that this group IS so independent & open-minded!!
    Love your quote re: action. That’s basically what all my 15 min items are...overcoming inertia ie ACTION!

In some ways...I’ll have to mull this over...I guess action is all that counts!