activity: yes, about 40-45 minutes lifting weights

Sun: y/y/n
    Mon: y/y/n
    Tues: y/y/y
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    It really gets quiet in here around the holidays huh?

Not that I’m judging since I am one who left this group in November the past two years.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,620 Member
    Options

@Krysless2 there's also a running Just Give Me Ten Days challenge, as the name implies it lasts for just 10 days. It's great for some short term focus. Like say you just got invited to a party/dinner next Saturday and your little black dress is just a wee bit tight. ;)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    knlizght wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry for the following -
    last week 341 lbs
    This week 343 lbs
    It was my best friends birthday - we ate a lot of cake and drank a lot of Prosecco! Content with the gain, it was well deserved! Will shift it this week!
    Hope everyone is okay! X

@knlizght No worries, BFFs birthdays only come once a year and need to be celebrated.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    cozydonuts wrote: »
    Cozydonuts
    Week 3 149.7
    Last week 149.3
    Week 1 149.6
    Starting weight 150.2

Again I’ve been really good at entering in my food journal but not at working out. I did walk twice last week, but I need to stop doom scrolling Covid news which is feeding my fears and go outside for a daily mid day walk. Putting on walking shoes and mask as I type. going to finish this challenge out strong!

@cozydonuts I hear that! I stopped watching the news months ago, I was overwhelmed by COVID / protest / politics / you name it. I spend less time on FB and more time on here and my quilting/crafting/Little Free Library forums and life is much more peaceful. We're expecting a storm today/tomorrow so probably no mid-day walks for me so get some steps for me! :)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Not that I’m judging since I am one who left this group in November the past two years.
    It does trickle off here around holiday time! I need to be able to continually come on the site to view active posts, so I actually visit the other team rooms and read and like their comments. This helps me personally keep up with my own motivation and hopefully someone sees a “like” from me and makes them feel good! !
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

@erikNJ
    It does get quiet around the holidays. The activity kind of cycles in and out. It is most active around here right after the first of the year.

I have been a little quiet because I am still trying to prepare for Christmas as well as deal with a couple of other things that have me mega stressed out.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Had the date wrong the paste couple days, kept copying 12/12

Challenge 12/15
    tracked: yes
    under calories: yes

@erikNJ Awesome ! When doing weights, do you do whole body during that session or work on one body area? Like have arms day, core day, leg day.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry for the following -
    last week 341 lbs
    This week 343 lbs
    It was my best friends birthday - we ate a lot of cake and drank a lot of Prosecco! Content with the gain, it was well deserved! Will shift it this week!
    Hope everyone is okay! X

@knlizght No worries, BFFs birthdays only come once a year and need to be celebrated.

@knlizght
    I agree with @DaffyGirl88 !
    You have done a great job so far. I am sure that gain will come right off.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    3edxvt2j85zm.jpeg

I know it’s quite exposing and not the nicest thing to look at but I’ve had my scan at the gym and the weightloss is starting to show! 4st 8lbs lost since august 😀 happy to see the changes as well as feeling them 😍

@knlizght
    I didn't know this was a thing. It is really awesome to be able to see the comparison. Especially, since it is hard to see changes in ourselves over time. You really have been doing fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    I am so sorry I did not put in my Saturday weight. It was 144.8, up from 144.2. I have not been good about tracking so this is not a surprise. I will track for the rest of the month and work so much harder to stay under the daily calorie limit.

@richmondwriter That is not much of an up. We haven't seen you much lately. How are you doing?
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I really don't understand the why and the how of my weight loss/gain. I was very good about tracking my food during the week and was surprised with a gain on weigh in day. During the weekend I did not track and got up this morning with a loss. I'm sure it is all about the salt and water retention, but it makes it hard to stay motivated.
    I think you really have to track every day Brandi, if you trully want to dissect it I know Tracking takes the fun out of eating sometimes but if your tracking and measuring(even those weekend munchies)you will know EXACTLY what’s going on. I just love the science of things that used to stump me too. Maybe that will help? Or maybe you just want to vent! Lol either way we are here for you!🤗🤗

@krysless2 You're right, I really do need to track every day. Maybe I am eating better than I think on the weekend and don't realize it. If I can figure out what is causing the loss then I can do that all the time and have better results during the week.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Had the date wrong the paste couple days, kept copying 12/12

Challenge 12/15

@erikNJ Awesome ! When doing weights, do you do whole body during that session or work on one body area? Like have arms day, core day, leg day.

Since this was only my 2nd visit to the gym since they reopened I have been doing full body just to get back into rhythm.

And to your other comment, I hope your stress doesn’t have you to down. I let mine get me bad twice this year and that’s why I am my heaviest in many years. I finally realized my coping habits where not doing the trick and that’s why I am trying to kickstart this now instead of the “new year new me” stuff.
    Christmas around the corner in this pandemic year is adding extra stress right now. Fingers crossed about keeping healthy coping habits
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

It does trickle off here around holiday time! I need to be able to continually come on the site to view active posts, so I actually visit the other team rooms and read and like their comments. This helps me personally keep up with my own motivation and hopefully someone sees a “like” from me and makes them feel good! !

Agreed on both things. Continually visiting the site helps keep a balance for me personally. And a “like” can be a little boost of serotonin!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @brandi_84 Those darn New Year's Resolutioners come back, clutter up the forums for a few weeks and then disappear. :D

I also browse the other threads if it's quiet here. Some days there are very few posts. I like the Fitness and Nutrition threads. I typically just lurk and like, rarely posting in either.

And you didn't ask me but I divide my weight workouts doing arms / upper body one day and legs / lower body the next with a cardio day in between.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    @brandi_84 Those darn New Year's Resolutioners come back, clutter up the forums for a few weeks and then disappear. :D

Yea. I am dreading those people at the gym too. With gyms here at 25% max capacity I don’t need them clogging it up for 3 weeks before they give up

• brandi_84
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 12/13
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4600
    Water: 88

Just for today: KD 82, 4500 steps 🚶‍♀️, 36hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Chopra 21 day meditation 🧘‍♀️D14, YWA D13, mutu W7D7, walk 25min, 10min stationary 🚲. RDS🏋️‍♀️D11, #norcal50squatsadaychallenge D13

Yesterday : Busy yesterday did lots of self care forgetting to post goals

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 151
    Todays Weight: 153 ( slowly creeping back up 🤦‍♀️)

@murdog3t
    Is this the post for Saturday or Sunday? I meant to ask sooner but forgot and then got a little behind again. I was about to post the results and saw that I didn't have you down for Saturday.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Options
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 152.0lbs
    CW 151.6lbs

Not impressed with my progress this week. Will try to do better next week.

• cozydonuts
    cozydonuts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 thanks! Crafting is a good idea to get ones mind off of worries! I’m going to work on some holiday cards. View from yesterday’s walk wrg5c6igmv8e.jpeg
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Challenge 12/15
    activity: no

Wed: y/y/n

Anyone else in this snowstorm? I know some people like snow, I am not one of them.
This discussion has been closed.