“This DECEMBER I Will...”

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,886 Member
    Options
    @nebslp way to go on logging your meals! I usually prelog at lunch time when I am figuring out my snacks and dinner to meet my goals. Always good to take those first steps of intervention as needed!

@77tes well I most likely won't actually change my wake up and sleep time LOL as I a a lark by nature. If I ever retired it might change as when I was off work for several months I did find myself staying up later and getting up later but the critturs are also relentless. Mostly I was adjusting my schedule within the day so that I got my work done but still was able to enjoy the better parts of the day. So sorry to hear about your BIL but I am hearing a lot of the same everywhere these days. I think by the time the vaccine actually gets going it will be more likely someone has been exposed than not. :(

Just checking in with the rest of the crew. No need to post (this is not a nag!) but just know that we are thinking of you and hope your Dec is going ok.
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @texasgardnr
    @packerfaninGB
    @themedalist
    @PKM0515 (take your meds!)
    @goingape
    @jrsepe12

Hope I did not miss anyone!

SUmmer
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier

LOL, I think I got lost in a snowdrift. I don't even know where I left off, so I think I'll just start again in January. (I think reading may be off the list though.)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: »
    @SummerSkier

LOL, I think I got lost in a snowdrift. I don't even know where I left off, so I think I'll just start again in January. (I think reading may be off the list though.)

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that! :( If it's any consolation I think you did WONDERFULLY the first part of the month and you can just pick up today with Meds and still end up winning in Dec. It's never too late. :)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I got lost, too, but there is no time like the present to regroup. I haven't been keeping track for awhile, but there are 10 days left in December. That's 1/3 month! Wall sit = o:) I may do other workouts but that is my focus starting today.
    I hope you're all doing great and finish out the year spectacularly!

Dec 20 o:)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Dec tooth brushing mini habit

12/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/12= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/15= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/18 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/19 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/20 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟

just because stars are fun! Is everyone getting excited for 2021~??!!!

I am on just a little mini cut to see if I can improve my pace with 2 pounds less. Not really going about it very seriously but instead of 2100 I put my allotment to 1900.. LOL. I will do that for 2 weeks and see if I can start the new year a little lighter. I don't actually need to do it, but I want to. I actually was quite happy with maintaining from June to Dec with no weighing and just logging and drifting down .4 lb or if that's even in the error margin of fluctuations also. So, it looks like I am currently successful at losing the scale for at least several months. A good thing and a fun thing. Of course maintenance is ALWAYS changing so we shall see what 2021 brings. and year 4.

• nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier That's awesome that you maintained naturally by following your established habits that are obviously working for you. It's fun to experiment with a little change now and then and see what happens. Nice starry action, too! Your dentist will want to know why your teeth are sparkling (see star icon that I don't have on my computer!) when you go see him/her!

Dec 21 o:)

Logging is also going well.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Dec 22 o:)
    Logging continues daily :)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Yes!!! I feel lonely here. Lol
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Dec tooth brushing mini habit

haha @nebslp my dentist will probably find more places which need repair. ain't that always the way!!! :(

12/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/12= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/15= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/18 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/19 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/20 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/21 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/22 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/23 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier Good job with all of those 🌟 Everyone must be busy wrapping or reading or walking or creating these days. I’m breathing a sigh of relief with ALMOST everything done. It wouldn’t be Christmas Eve if I wasn’t still wrapping or shopping for one more thing🤪 We had a blizzard today so had to postpone my WM pickup until tomorrow. Then I will wrap the kitty presents and call it a done deal! Well, after I deliver presents to my son’s house...and who knows what else I forgot to do😆🤣

Dec 23 😇
    Logging continues daily :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    Unwell, but might be improving

Busy staying on top /trying to get necessary info from three different medical teams & make tough decisions with dr gone until Jan 4

Homemade Xmas cards, handwritten notes, handwritten addresses with color added for 63 - finally done & mailed

Working on speech & slide deck due in first third of Jan

Deciding on new insurance before New Year

Resting

Glad all is going well for you guys. This group ebbs & flows, as I’ve mentioned. UAC is daily.

We’ll kick off big time Jan 1

Take Care- doing best I can

Happy Holidays
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Praying the medical teams can help you with your decisions and that you will feel peace that you are doing the right thing for the situation. I am SO impressed that you have 63 cards and notes in the mail. That is a lot of cards, etc. I don't know what kind of speech you have coming up, but am curious if you'd like to share.

My husband and I checked out gravesites yesterday and this may sound crazy, but it was very enjoyable. I know what I like, so I found the perfect spot by a beautiful Blue Spruce tree and a view of the sunset between the row of trees, so I was pretty excited about that. My only requirement was to have a tree nearby :) We have to actually purchase yet but step #1 complete! I guess I just like to be prepared so why not enjoy the process!?

I am looking forward to Jan 1 but sticking to my late December plan, so feel good about that.

I wish you all Happy Holidays, and may you find peace in whatever comes.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thank you for checking in! I am so sorry you are still unwell and praying that there is nothing serious going on. I agree with @nebslp that 63 hand made cards is totally impressive!! Also would be interested in the speech coming up. ...

Nebslp, so glad you are keeping up with your late Dec plan and the gravesite sounds lovely. It is a difficult task which any will not take care of but of course all your loved ones will be happy when the time comes that you made all these decisions for them. My Dad made all the plans for both him and my mom (already too much dementia) and altho we did not have a LOT of discussion about it, he had an entire packet which was available to my brother and I when he passed which simplified things a lot. The other thing you both could do would be to write an obituary. Or at least an outline of one. We learned SO much about my parents when we wrote theirs that we wish we might have known sooner. Like my Dad had several patents! And I am sure we left out things they might have felt were most important to be remembered.

So hard to believe Dec is rapidly coming to a close. I certainly hope that 2021 is better and of course Jan will be an active month here on MFP on all the communities. I am more of a steady eddy vs an ebb and flow gal but I do understand this particular community is not one for daily chit chats and friendships of that nature. It has only taken Molly telling me 10 times and 5 months to accept that. But I do also know that the core group of folks are still going to be here and will update when they get a chance!

SummerinFREEZINGtexwheredidyesterday's80's go?!!!!?
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier My sister and I went with my mom to get things set up about 20 years before she died and she filled out a sheet with lots of information. It was helpful but there were still decisions to be made. Not a lot, mostly about readings and music, but it was still very stressful with 4 of us trying to agree. The obituary done ahead of time would be good because we noticed things after it was done that we would have done differently if we would have had more time to think about it. I'm really excited about giving my kids one last gift and taking some of the stress off of them.

Since we usually have our family Christmas Eve dinner here and we're zooming tomorrow instead, the day has felt very surreal. Weird actually. Somehow the connection feels even more important when it's mostly virtual. My daughter came to visit by herself about a week ago, my younger son drove up during the blizzard yesterday and my oldest son came today. Everyone lives in different directions so my house was the gift exchange place for drop-offs and pick-ups. We try to be as safe as possible and know this crazy isolation period will come to an end reasonably soon.

I wish all of you a peaceful day tomorrow wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Wall sit update:
    Dec 20o:)
    Dec 21o:)
    Dec 22o:)
    Dec 23 😇
    Dec 24 o:)
    Logging continues daily: This has been huge for me. The last few days I have found myself struggling to eat enough which has never been a problem! I have been visiting a zoom group several times a week to help me with cravings and emotional eating and have been able to ignore the pounds of candy that my husband bought and sets on the table. (He stopped buying ice cream since I quit eating that)! I can't say I haven't been tempted, but I have been able to walk right by for over a week now with out having any. So I'm feeling hopeful that I may get healthier in 2021.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all!

@nebslp Congratulations on your logging! I am definitely not a stress eater either, and when things happen I have to make sure I eat consistently. It's one thing I love about logging. Usually about lunch time I will fill it out for the rest of the day and see where the holes are. Yesterday I got takeout from Outback and with planning was able to include a wonderful meal at dinner and of course I have about 6 more meals left from it but knowing and fitting them in are all part of maintaining for me.

As far as Ice cream. It's great that your husband supports your efforts Me ? Well you can check my diary. I am an addict but I have found that even tho more expensive the Enlighten flavors are great and fit in to my cals with no problem. (guilty pleasure - I usually eat a whole pint at a time!) I tried real ice cream again also but the bang for the buck just wasn't there anymore. Like coke after drinking diet coke all your life.

Today will be quiet here also. I will go see bandit later and other than that will spruce up the catnip in the cat toys and scratchers and enjoy the show. :)

• nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier I do with OK with my food unless there's a trigger food handy and I have 3 things that I feel powerless over once I start. I'm learning to avoid 2 of them and the third I allow myself to have with meals and that seems to satisfy the craving. I've been buying sugar free fudgsicles since I haven't been eating ice cream recently and they have been a great substitute as they are cold and creamy, and best part they're only 40 calories with 1 gram of fat and 2 grams protein.
    Thanks for your congrats on logging. I don't enjoy logging and I think it would be easier if I made a list of "my foods" and removed all the ones I have only occasionally. Also it's hard to pick a food that has a big range of numbers so making a recipe bank would help be more accurate. Healthy living involves work!!! so I guess I better quit being lazy and just do it!
    I hope Bandit and the kitties enjoyed their Christmas day loving and you did, too!

Maybe the chat will pick up again now that the hectic days are probably over for most of us (fingers crossed)!

Update:
    Wall sit update:
    Dec 20o:)
    Dec 21o:)
    Dec 22o:)
    Dec 23 😇
    Dec 24o:)
    Dec 25 :o Totally spaced off the wall sit today! Guess that means it's not a habit yet ;)
    Logging continues daily
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Merry Christmas for those who celebrate!

Thank you @nebslp & @SummerSkier for holding down the fort.

I am feeling Much Better & am vastly less worried.

My trend wt is down 1.7 lbs in December & I have continued my habits - with the exception of reading... and the addition of much more sleep.

I was going to put a big push to get more members beginning Monday for a January start, but I will be quite busy in Jan with my last big work gig and possibly some medical tests & appointments.

So, I will likely aim for Feb 1st Enrollment Drive instead.

Take Care,
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 so relieved to hear you are feeling better and less worried. Hope that you are able to avoid stress in January with a lot of medical appts...

@nebslp I think you are doing amazing with your logging and even with the wall sit. It's hard to keep to habits during the holiday seasons. Me. I don't do a lot of extra things so it's not too bad a deal. I find it quite easy to log as I do tend to eat similar meals all the time and my "foods" automatically show up in my list (on my computer). Or I copy from the day before and then edit from there. Much harder when you are cooking or preparing meals for more than 1 of course.

Summercheckininchattin
  • nebslp
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I am glad you are feeling better about things. Sending positive vibes to you for good things to come in January.

@SummerSkier Thanks! Being consistent with foods would make logging easier. My husband is chief cook around here so I’m never sure what he puts in things. He uses a lot of veggies but not real careful with overall fat content. I think he plans on feeding a family of 6 every day when it’s just the 2 of us, so there’s an over abundance of things to choose from. I have to mindful with my choices. When I lived alone for one year I made 2 big meals a week and lived off that. It was actually nice and simple. I like the MFP “copy from the previous day” feature and use that a lot for breakfast and snacks.

Update:
    Wall sit update:
    Dec 23 😇
    Dec 24 o:)
    Dec 25 :o Totally spaced off the wall sit today! Guess that means it's not a habit yet ;)
    Dec 26 o:)
    Logging continues daily
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Good Morning Nebraska friend! Just us kids here looks like to run out the year... I will give you a virtual KISS at Midnight... LOL o:)B)

12/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/12= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/15= M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/18 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/19 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/20 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/21 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/22 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/23 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/24 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/25 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟
    12/26 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟

and just for y'all my phellow photo peoples. I can't decide which one of these I like better. I did the second one to get some blue sky in the photo but I really loved the red leaves one too.

rkp68kb0h5jo.png