Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    Connie sounds like you have a wonderful family and really enjoy being together. Our son is a single only child. I think full time caregiving would be a burden he would bear but not wholeheartedly.
    I have a special place in my heart for all family caregivers!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Connie sounds like you have a wonderful family and really enjoy being together. Our son is a single only child. I think full time caregiving would be a burden he would bear but not wholeheartedly.
    I have a special place in my heart for all family caregivers!

I was an only child and so was my dad….husband is the baby of 8…. When his parents needed a place to live we were the only ones that stepped up….johns older brother and sisters did nothing for their parents financially or emotionally…..my mom was a widow at 59 and had never lived without my dad and she was lost without him….( he died suddenly at only 61 )…at the time we had a 25 room house so there was space for everyone….we did not have to physically care for any of them but we did grocery shopping,took them to appointments, etc….it was a lot while raising our kids and running our business….I think we will see more and more families living together as the economy gets worse and prices keep rising….our daughters family and ourselves could not afford our lifestyle if we lived alone….we share utilities and house payments….we all buy groceries but we seldom share meals…..we do not all watch TV together, etc….living together is not for everyone….you learn to keep your mouth shut on occasion lol….the hardest thing for me is to remember my baby is an adult!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,318 Member
    Connie it sounds lovely, but I couldn't do it! I'm very introverted and I cherish my own space - if I had to be constantly sociable it would be exhausting! Thank goodness my husband's also an introvert and not a constant chatterbox! Even so, he gets a bit shirty if I completely starve him of attention, so I have to remember to talk to him occasionally.

I'm the youngest of 5 and everyone in my family would all talk at the same time, getting louder and louder to make their voice heard. No one would concede an inch and just shut up and let someone else take the limelight. I'd just bury my head in a book and try to tune it all out...

MIL is now 82 and there may come a time when she has to move in with us...I dread the prospect!
  • conniewilkins56
    Bella I was a very lonely only child and my only real friends were my three first cousins ( my mom had one sister )… we moved so much and I didn’t make close school friends until high school….my husband and I owned grocery stores and we had to be friendly and out going….John is a social butterfly and would talk to anyone…..me not so much until I get to know someone….we enjoy our alone time and honestly I do not see my kids some days except coming and going….I see the grands the most….my mother in law and my mom wanted to have long drawn out conversations every single day when I got home from work….it got to the point where I told them both that I needed at least a half an hour alone when I got home before I could deal with them lol…
  • Yoolypr
    For years when someone asked what I wanted for my birthday or Christmas I’d say “a long weekend alone in a hotel”. Not a fan of relentless togetherness. I enjoy people but I need my alone time.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,140 Member
    (frozen prepared) beef cannelloni with tomato sauce (about 470g cooked and 560Cal for 3 pieces including sauce). Mixed field greens, yellow bell pepper, red, yellow, and a couple of colors in between tomatoes, fresh onion, pickled sour onion, oregano and red wine vinegar salad! (about 700g and 160 Cal :wink:)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    Oopsies

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten to NEAR the end of the day with a 1250 Cal deficit🙀... and a just acquired 725g "tin" of quality street🤔🤬

Well, the deficit is down to maybe 150Cal now🙀, and my protein gram count not quite as high as my *added* sugar gram count! 😡🤷🏻‍♂️🐹

I think the goodies drawers are getting a tiny little bit too dangerous around these parts here!!!!!🤔

niasei7a1zdg.jpg
    3u6qlt39ladz.jpg

• Yoolypr
    Quite an impressive haul of goodies there!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 2022
    Not good for weight management!🐹🤯
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    We used to have a "sin bin" :)
  • PAV8888
    R U saying I should bin them?!?!?!?! :anguished:
  • conniewilkins56
    We have a carb table lol….breads,scones,fruit,potatoes, cookies!
  • PAV8888
    Cookie cals are quite evenly split between carbs and fats🤔
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,761 Member
    Not a garbage bin by anymeans....just a place we went for our treats. :)
  • PAV8888
    Whew. I was getting concerned there for a minute! :flushed:
  • conniewilkins56
    I used to get cookies the Nabisco guy threw out behind our store!….seriously!…nothing wrong with them and still in the boxes!….only out of date….never throw away a good cookie!
  • PAV8888
    So yesterday was pork tenderloin with a paprika, dry mustard, light garlic and onion powder, pepper, salt and sucralose :wink: rub!

Not having liquid sucralose I used the little coffee pellets after taking a razor to them in a drug splitting thingy to pulverize them!

About 2g of oil spray for the pot and the top of the roast. Placed it in a covered pot over carrots and onions... and it came out of the oven quite good!!!

Served with plain boiled baby potatoes and nuked Brussels sprouts.
  • conniewilkins56
    Sounds pretty good PAV…..right now I am eating 15 oz. of really good watermelon!
  • PAV8888
    Sounds pretty good PAV…..right now I am eating 15 oz. of really good watermelon!
    You surprise me Connie... I figured you would flip on the sucralose pellets! :lol:
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You surprise me Connie... I figured you would flip on the sucralose pellets! :lol:

Well, I would have just used a T. of brown sugar but a pork roast does sound good….we do not eat much pork or lamb…..usually chicken and beef 2 or 3 times….