Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    Options
    You can do this with low fat ricotta, cottage cheese too. Different textures with different yogurts. Keep playing with it until you find the brand of yogurt and amount if pudding that works for you. 👍👅
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that I'm ESL 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm slowly cluing in that hand mixer was not the little egg beater thingy, but is the broken electrical contraption I used to use to make those dr Oetker mousse au chocolat packets a few years back.

I figured with only one metal spinny thingy and with the speed slash/on off button hanging down to below the metal spinny thingy level it was maybe time to toss it 🤣

So I would probably need to bring one of those over from dad's (every electrical appliance exists in somewhat dated multiples there....)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    ESL - English as a second language???
    Definitely electric mixer which incorporates more air.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Well, ESL during grade and high school.... going back to almost 40 years ago. And I have to admit that I have considerably more trouble now writing or even speaking Greek than I do English. But I have to use whatever cover I can to hide my doofus moments regarding hand mixers! 🙀🤣😹

And it's definitely weird how when I'm tired my accent slips and thickens. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤯

Now get in the car you sorry excuse for a dog!

8c520s0zdz4z.jpg

FINALLY!!!!

47jlfl38cbe8.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Now CCCGG makes sense! Hope she makes a repeat appearance soon.

I’m ESL too. First languages were Polish and some German. Didn’t speak English first years in school. So of course, I became an English teacher! Also taught ESL classes eventually.
    Completely understand the hand mixer confusion.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Let's go buy fish for mostly-broken!! See, that perked her up!!!🤣😹

We will be making yummy pasta with butternut squash and tilapia soon!!!😹

txhmclacects.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    She's some beautiful!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Making a stirfry with chicken, zucchini, and mushrooms. Will serve it over rice. I have some spinach I need to use as well so may dice it up and mix with the rice. More veggies are always good, especially greens.

This intermittent fasting is not going so well... on days I am in the office I get SO SO hungry early on because I get up an hour earlier on those days. Right now I am in a meeting and my stomach is growling. I have a banana at my desk, but I am not at my desk at the moment either. So trying to drink my water and hope it helps. But I do love how it leaves me points for later in the day, especially for a bigger dinner and some snacks or a hot chocolate.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself, @athijade. Being hungry never bodes well in the long term. For me at least it will always lead to some extremely disordered eating. Is it possible to slowly train your body to eat within a shorter window by gradually shift your eating times?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How big is your deficit? How fast/slow are you losing? How long has it been at this approximate rate?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself, @athijade. Being hungry never bodes well in the long term. For me at least it will always lead to some extremely disordered eating. Is it possible to slowly train your body to eat within a shorter window by gradually shift your eating times?

I am doing that actually. Right now I am having a banana when I get hungry to hold me over. It works great on the days when I am up at 7am... not so much the days I am up at 6am. And the biggest issue today was that I wasn't hungry before a 9am meeting... and then went right to another meeting. It was then that I got hungry and did not have access to my banana.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    How big is your deficit? How fast/slow are you losing? How long has it been at this approximate rate?

I am unsure what the deficit ends up being. I have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks so 2lbs a week, though it was more like 3 lbs, 2lbs, 1lb over those weeks. Which at my size is not that drastic.

• PAV8888
    Options
    If we only have 3 weeks to work with it's a bit early to come up with actionable numbers.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    My husband made jam roly-poly so that’s what we had for dinner. This doesn't look very jammy, but the photo doesn't do it justice.

Because sometimes you just gotta eat dessert rather than protein and veggies.

xiw7uznq160r.jpegot5nszhibnms.jpeg

• PAV8888
    Options
    I don't know if I like you any more Garfield 🙀 I just looked up how to make this stuff.... And nothing on that list was low cal!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I never said it was low cal....why do you think dessert was dinner?!? :smiley:

559 calories of yumminess (including the custard).
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well now I don’t feel so bad about my occasional popcorn and ice cream dinners. Sometimes you just can’t face more salads or greens. Then it’s dessert for dinner!

Those jam rolls look delicious- so I will make a conscious effort NOT to look up the recipe! Otherwise they’d be visiting my house soon.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hmmmm..... attempt #2!

Started with:
    880g of greek yogurt (seems some went missing during the transfer to the mixing bowl!),
    43g Jello "fat free" (and sugar free) instant pudding powder,
    brand new 250W 5 speed on sale 25%* off local store brand "hand mixer" acquired for the local equivalent of US$18 (* plus a few extra "points": 10% back for store brand (w/yearly membership), 3.5% for store mastercard (free), but narrowly missed stacking it with $25 in points when spending $100 in certain categories that include the mixer... but it DOES count towards $225 in weekly spending to get 10% back which is on this week :wink: -- no, no--there is no obsession going on here!)

Then added:
    38g POST "tim horton chocolate tim bits" cereal. Clearly known for the nutritional value it brings to the table.

Who would have thunk it... mixing works much better with electric mixy thingy tool!
    End food consistency is awesome!
    Relatively minor amounts of mixing to scrape from t-shirt and walls, you know when the mixy thingy unexpectedly demonstrated the exact function of the TURBO button...

BUT (yes, there is a minor BUT, and it was the reason why I added the cereal IN the mix and broke it up in there a bit using the spiny thingy)--MUCH LESS than last time--but, I can still taste the jello powder a bit. And in particular the sweeteners which I usually don't mind.

Could it be that I need to start with more "liquid" yogurt? Maybe my next attempt should be with Oikos or Liberté or using a little bit of milk in there too?

Don't get me wrong... there ain't much left! :wink:

Plus, while this may not taste anywhere close to Bella's jelly & custard perfection; my MACROS kick her *kitten*!!! :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good work! I find that my cheap grocery store house brand of sugar free instant pudding has much less fake sweetener aftertaste than Jello brand.

You might try Royal pudding, local grocery chain or the Walmart brands. Eventually you will achieve dessert nirvana!

Glad you’re discovering the joys of the hand mixer.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Dinner was good tonight…..turkey kielbasa, baked potatoes, cottage cheese, and green peas!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Was abducted for a stupendously expensive in the $ sense (and not so great in the caloric sense) breakfast at "de dutch"... ended up with poached eggs on rye toast. forgot to tell them no butter. And the order of oatmeal probably had 3 or 4 times more oatmeal than what an order of oatmeal should have! Used some of the dutch molasses on it...

Tonight will be veggies in tomato sauce. Currently making.