Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Laurie you're inspiring! Now for me not to blow the nice (partially) balancing deficit I've managed to run today! 🤔🤯🤔🤞🤞🤞

lol....that is a pretty funny post after 2 in the morning! :)

It was only 23:12 for me!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    Supper tonight is a field greens salad with balsamic vinegar and hummus (my new salad toppers) and the 3 lonely veggie weiners in the fridge. We had glorious weather here today - so I got to try out my "new" shoulder in the backyard. So much better!!!! I can almost sweep. Can dig and weed. Can drink tea and enjoy the sun even :)
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Laurie that was almost poetic!

I am out, escaping the asylum, wearing track pants and short sleeves at 5:40pm on a 15°C gloriously sunny afternoon. With a nice breeze to keep the scorch down!

Behind me the large industrial building is the area Hospital... not recommended! 😹

https://icedrive.net/s/RSXzSvz2VD9QtPDgQCyz1jPP9hzA

Link up for a few days 😎
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Tried carrot hot dogs once with hubby and son. It was the only time we all tossed out the food and started over. Vile! I am hoping Laurie’s veggie wieners are more meat substitute-like?
    Looks like spring has arrived in Canada too. Enjoy 😊
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I think the photo gray lens tint tells you about the level of UV 😎🤯🤔 I'm actually considering sweating 🙀🤣😹
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    59F for heavens sake. That’s sweater and coat weather! 🥶
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Ya know what? I just mentioned "a bunny" and I realized that we've never covered bunnies here. O-boy-were bunnies fun way back when when I came up with them! :lol:

So.... Laurie would probably be a bunnie leader but Connie might too.... hmmm.... that would have been an accountability item back in the day, I guess!

-A Bunnie is hereby defined as 85g of vegetables or fruits or at least 40g of dehydrated /dried ones such as dates, or prunes or fruit-leather or tomato paste!

Contrary to the British "code of ethics" we WILL be counting potatoes and plantains and other vegetables often used as starches in our MORE than 5-a-day... as long as we're not talking french fries or re-constituted mashed potatoes (wait as second... why am I not counting reconstituted mashed potatoes? :confused: )

We're counting them because I'm a pro-potato prejudiced person 'cause I don't understand when I look at micro/macros *and* calories why, say, sweet potatoes are so superior and would count as a vegetable but potatoes wouldn't. So as long as they're not covered in flour and oil... they count!

But as usual... I digress.

A bunny = food eaten by a bunny (not the consumption of the actual bunny who is actually eating the bunny (food) which is equal to a bunny or bunnie for the purpose of counting... whatever you can type faster!!!! :wink:

Goal is.... and absolute minimum of 5 bunnies a day! But, since some long term study or another than I read at some point of time, or another (might have been the nurses one, or maybe not)... in any case... it was clearly demonstrating good baseline effects with the generally recommended five portions of vegetables and fruits (split 3 veg and 2 fruit) a day and continued incremental additional benefits by increasing vegetables and fruits to the 8-10 portions a day range.

And let us not forget that whats-his-name-lots-a-studies-smart-guy, oh, yeah, Kevin Hall, says we are better off eating, ya know, whole type food thingies if we want to be mini-mes instead of mega-mes!

So... of course the "stretch" goal is 8-10 bunnies a day!

With 100g lettuce, 202g tomato, 50g radishes, 20g onion, 300g mixed cauli, brocco, carrots... I am in good shape (for once) to call at least 8 bunnies without relying too heavily on the tomato portion of the pasta sauce used on the mixed veggies which were also mixed with 70g cooked rice. And without trying to rely on the one piece of corn in the frozen red curry I scarfed for lunch!

Now... do remember that cocoa beans ARE fruits--and we've never established whether 60g of coffee grounds partially dissolved in hot water count for something or NOT?!?!?!

Oh boy... we're going to need a bunny referee! Who will we appoint?!?!? :naughty:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Kind of had bunny food today. Homemade cole slaw, shrimp, salad and low carb tortillas wrappers.
    Maybe some fruit later. I think I generally get 5-8 portion of bunny food daily.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So are you calling 5 bunnies or 8 bunnies today? Slaw (weight before dressing... my observation is that the weight is about 50-50 for cabbage and dressing absent full knowledge of how it was prepared)... slaw would count, of course! And so would salad. The tortilla's? Low carb or not... not on my bunny list!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Do prunes count as bunnies? I now have 80g every morning to break my fast....
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The dried prunes my dear friend count as a bunny per 40g, so that would be TWO super official BUNNIES!

If it is fresh prunes... well I personally prefer 85g per bunny; but I suppose 80g would be acceptable for a charitable bunny pass (some literature counts the portion of veg/fruit at 80, some at 85)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    They're dried prunes so that's 2 bunnies down every day before I've had my first cuppa! o:)

I LOOOOOOVE them....and they're working!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Love the bunnie idea, PAV. Glad we don't have to eat them. I think I'm in for 6 bunnies so far...but going out to a kinda small, kinda crowded place tonight so am saving dinner (salad with beans) till I come home, just in case :)

So...for easter...do we get to count the chocolate bunnies? Or the strange chocolate bunny eggs?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You will still stand on fields of green, PAV. We had mostly a day of cool rain here today - but now the sun is out. After winter - that 59' feels so warm, Yooly!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    https://icedrive.net/s/GBhAV98F7VPTCjiWWBhSBVkgGAuv

https://icedrive.net/s/C7yiTkNQZz8wCiBT6Gu7GY3Y8u5P

So explain to me how it can be 24 today and feel much colder than yesterday when it was 15 and sunny?🤷🏻‍♂️

The overnight low temperature is expected to be minus 2 🙀

Oh no, I'm going to fry the sun is out 😹

Well at least the view is okay

https://icedrive.net/s/xPhT5zk47yw9gFXA1Ay3x34b6ug7

https://icedrive.net/s/CYQfQBiYyN132bfPw5y4ANQ4hxCk
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I count 9 bunnies today - prunes, raspberries, blueberries, cabbage, carrots, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet potato. Not all full servings but certainly variety!

It was 80 today and the bluebonnets are in full bloom all over town and the sides of the highways. Glorious
  • PAV8888
    Options
    They are beautiful!😎👍
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think I'll start a 🐰 thread!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You should transfer your bunnies to the bunny thread❣️ Connie can give herself ⭐s
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my - your photos are extraordinary. I get to see some small pockets of beauty around here - but mostly NOT.